All new strains to me

• Thread starter DreamsOfDiesel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

He mainly was working with chems at first and disappeared from time to time .... Never seen much about him in the last few yrs, because I dont do social media. I bet your chem/sour will turn out nice though.
Only started researching him since hes got such strong connections to what I used to have. Been lurking/stalking all kinds of old threads in different places to try to piece together what i had but I've given up, too much he said/she said to make sense of it all, idk if original people even really know at this point lol. Oh well, I know I can get something close anyway, just gotta be patient (I'm bad at that sometimes)

dire wolf

dire wolf

Only started researching him since hes got such strong connections to what I used to have. Been lurking/stalking all kinds of old threads in different places to try to piece together what i had but I've given up, too much he said/she said to make sense of it all, idk if original people even really know at this point lol. Oh well, I know I can get something close anyway, just gotta be patient (I'm bad at that sometimes)
Your gettin close 😎

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Gifts are great 😉
20200410 222725

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I'm over nuting early, see who can handle what while they are young enough to recover
So full nutes with this new walmart promix results are in, #1 & 3 sour 91, #1 skunk, #2 & 3 gmo only minor tip burns, rest are moderate. Sour #3, skunk #1, & gmo #2 came out best for overnuting. Also gave me chance to see how hot this promix is outta the bag. Left my og kush in previous soil mix while everything else is in new promix. Og got little tip burned so I know i overdid it enough to see how new stuff handles it, trying to get stuff you can basically torture & it will survive. Lot of new growers out there & I've never done things like a normal person lol so the more resilient to different stresses the better for them. Plus i just like to know how far i can push things lol

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Hey rootbound , do you know if the stardawgs or skva 91 are still available in seed form ?
The sensi stars back then also produced some beauties...
Im gonna have a look now , been a while since i checked
I am growing some Stardawg IX seeds out now that I picked up from a homie. He does really well at preserving legitimate old school genetics. It is Chemdog #4 x Tres Dawg, if I am not mistaken. I wish a lot of the old heads were still breeding. Such a polyhybrid crapshoot in today's seedy seed game. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I am growing some Stardawg IX seeds out now that I picked up from a homie. He does really well at preserving legitimate old school genetics. It is Chemdog #4 x Tres Dawg, if I am not mistaken. I wish a lot of the old heads were still breeding. Such a polyhybrid crapshoot in today's seedy seed game. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Everyone says how much better stuff is now than 20 years ago but I mostly disagree (exceptions to every rule of course). I'm now using new stuff to grow only because I dont have access to old stuff anymore lol. At least the dog lines for sure have old school genes

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Yeah.. wish I could get some of the stuff my mom used to smoke back in the day. All these old school strains bring back memories of my childhood. When I didn’t smoke of course. But mom did 😂 lots of knowledge in this thread. Appreciate that.
Burnz

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

So later this year I'm gonna give total/mostly organic growing a try. I've always used gh or ff nutrients so I'm clueless. Gonna start researching teas & other stuff now so I can get my plan of action in place. I know there are some experienced people here to watch but I'm new here so there's a lot of posts to go thru. Who are good people here to stalk & learn from?

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Everyone says how much better stuff is now than 20 years ago but I mostly disagree (exceptions to every rule of course). I'm now using new stuff to grow only because I dont have access to old stuff anymore lol. At least the dog lines for sure have old school genes
I'm old and I have been growing cannabis since I was a kid, so the old cultivars are nostalgic to me. I believe that the new cultivars have their place as well, but far too few breeders are actually putting any legitimate work into their lines these days. I bet over half of them have never even ran any of their own cultivars. Fucking silly.

I am also running Chem Kesey from Bodhi (Chemdog 91 Skunk VA x '88 G-13/HP) as well as some pure '88 G-13/HP. Oddly enough, I have never had the pleasure of running anything from Bodhi, but I am definitely excited to look through a few of his cultivars. I am honored to have the '88 G-13/HP back in my stable as well, as NDNGuy is a close homie and helped to preserve that line. It is one of my favorite cultivars that I have ever worked with. My apologies for clogging up your thread with my bullshit. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Jamie73

Jamie73

So later this year I'm gonna give total/mostly organic growing a try. I've always used gh or ff nutrients so I'm clueless. Gonna start researching teas & other stuff now so I can get my plan of action in place. I know there are some experienced people here to watch but I'm new here so there's a lot of posts to go thru. Who are good people here to stalk & learn from?
Try Greenleaf nutrients. Go to there website click on free trial at the top. You’ll get a big bag of all in one super crop. Best stuff I’ve used in 10 years

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I'm old and I have been growing cannabis since I was a kid, so the old cultivars are nostalgic to me. I believe that the new cultivars have their place as well, but far too few breeders are actually putting any legitimate work into their lines these days. I bet over half of them have never even ran any of their own cultivars. Fucking silly.

I am also running Chem Kesey from Bodhi (Chemdog 91 Skunk VA x '88 G-13/HP) as well as some pure '88 G-13/HP. Oddly enough, I have never had the pleasure of running anything from Bodhi, but I am definitely excited to look through a few of his cultivars. I am honored to have the '88 G-13/HP back in my stable as well, as NDNGuy is a close homie and helped to preserve that line. It is one of my favorite cultivars that I have ever worked with. My apologies for clogging up your thread with my bullshit. Positive vibes...

~nugzz
Feel free to clog lol

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Try Greenleaf nutrients. Go to there website click on free trial at the top. You’ll get a big bag of all in one super crop. Best stuff I’ve used in 10 years
I'll look at them, ty

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I have run the Chemdog #4 clone and does not look much like when I ran it. It grows pretty normal with more trichs but not super frosty either.

When people make fems seeds (S1's) from the same clone, it dont produce exact replicas of the mother plant. Sometimes you will get a plant that is super close, but most of the time I see variations of it. I also have found plants that are even better than the Mother plant.
Have you ever kept S1’s as mother plants for clones? That’s where I have ran into problems with them.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Have you ever kept S1’s as mother plants for clones? That’s where I have ran into problems with them.
I have ran some S1's and really didnt find them to be real close to the mother unless they are from a stabilized strain. I run mostly fem crosses. I dont keep mothers, I just take a couple cuts and put them donor in flower. Never lost anything this way but usually I only keep them around for a couple rounds unless they are a standout like Stardawg V1 was. This Biscotti clone is one I am not letting go of anytime soon atm. I do know of others that keep fem seed mothers, and never heard any complaints that I can remember.

Last edited:
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I agree Mega crop works well and very cheap, but its not the all organic route that @DreamsOfDiesel is after. Its kind of a blend of synthetic and some organic.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I have ran some S1's and really didnt find them to be real close to the mother unless they are from a stabilized strain. I run mostly fem crosses. I dont keep mothers, I just take a couple cuts and put them donor in flower. Never lost anything this way but usually I only keep them around for a couple rounds unless they are a standout like Stardawg V1 was. This Biscotti clone is one I am not letting go of anytime soon atm. I do know of others that keep fem seed mothers, and never heard any complaints that I can remember.
My newer stuff is regs not fem, probably only keep a fem if its fire, gotta get that diesel kick & taste back lol

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

~nugzz
Not only that, there's someone around here, they are growing other people's stuff & renaming it to call it their own, ridiculous, for example friend got killer pineapple but its actually killer queen, Howard Mark's is mr nice. Why is it such a big deal? We all grow other people's stuff, there's no reason to rename something to pretend it's your concoction & make name for yourself. It's just so stupid, pointless, frustrating to people like me who have to research this crap for their friends, not too much longer, gave him his own girls so he doesnt have to rely on others. I must admit the quality is good (not as good as mine was lol) but the whole renaming thing makes me want to put him outta business, don't like liars

Top Bottom