Amanita Muscaria mushrooms!!!!!!

• Thread starter QleanerQuest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kuz

Tried A. Muscaria a few times in my youth. Chopped them up raw and washed them down with a beer. Really all they did was make me a little nauseous. I have heard that you should dry them and avoid carbonated beverages. Going out tomorrow looking for porcini and expect to see a lot of muscaria, think i will bring some home and dry them out.

Tuku

Tuku

Funny you should mention albino shrooms. All my shroom knowledge comes from picking and eating. But one of my frequented fields has albino psyclobin cubensis. They have no gill coloring at all unless bruised then it's ink blue. Not as potent as the regulars IMO but less aftertaste to them also. Kinda neat. Peace.

What you're describing is reproductive sterility, not albinism. Albino mushrooms would produce no pigment and therefore be white. Gills with no color are that way as they're producing no spores and therefore are infertile. They make an excellent candidate for indoor cultivation, as you're removing the health issues associated with high spore-loads.

Toaster79

Toaster79

WP 20140920 008
WP 20140920 006
Need some?

In the first pic is Amanita Phalloides, second one is Amanita Citrina and the last one Amanita Pantherina (left) and colony of Amanita Muscaria.

They are all DEADLY POISONOUS, so don't mess with them!!!

WP 20140907 001
Toaster79

Toaster79

Either A. Muscarina or A. Pantherina are poisonous enough you could die of eating them although some people are completely immune to their poison for example people in Russia eating them for generations.

What are the left two mushrooms in the last picture if not A. Pantherina?

Tuku

Tuku

They're both poisonous if eaten raw, as ibotenic acid is toxic. Upon drying, ibotenic acid is converted to muscimol. Muscimol is toxic is high enough doses, but you'd need to eat a shit ton to kill yourself.

To be honest, those two on the left just look like orange A. muscaria with the universal veil washed off, but it's hard to say from the photo. I'd expect A. pantherina to be more brown in color. A. muscaria ranges from yellow to red in color. You really need to have a close look at the volva to be certain.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I wouldn't consider them a cult.. They offer a free pdf book on there website anyone interested in the mushroom should give the book a read.. Im not saying buy into the religious aspects but there are medicinal properties of the mushroom that are very much highlighted in the book. Worth a skim thru,,

In the sociological classifications of religious movements, a cult is a religious or other social group with deviant and novel beliefs and practices.

By that definition there not a cult at all..

Geometryka

Geometryka

Is this it?

Got all the hallmarks of a cult.

Could be...
Was over 10yrs ago now.
Probably is.
I remember it tlking about how the priest dude would do crazy ascetic things...
Like standing in rivers of freezing water.

Top Bottom