Any Co Residents Open To Teaming Up?

• Thread starter Sailfishdan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
420circuit

420circuit

This is how I make cannabis oil capsules with Everclear. After a lot of reading about this and experimenting with different methods, strains, grow styles and blends, this is what works best for me. I'll put together an updated pdf soon that shows a couple improvements, like doing a shorter agitation and the third wash is just leaving the material in the strainer and pouring the alcohol over it to rinse out the last bit of resin. But this is working very well, both as a method and as a treatment. Rick Simpson was right about using indicas, the sativas keep me awake and cause some pretty interesting psychoactive effects, so hybrids like Harlequin, Good medicine and Blueberry are great strains to use. Getting an all CBD plant in the garden has been great, it lets me experiment with different ratios. I tried making caps with Manuka honey, cinnamon and Black Seed Oil, but those came out a little odd and I worry about adding too many things as it only takes one contaminated compound to cause problems. For example, what if there were mold spores in the cinnamon? They won't hurt anything with a dry powder, but when mixed with a wet product something bad could happen, so I am being ultra cautious. OK, paranoid may be a better word, but remember the first rule of medicine, "Do No Harm." Anti cance caps 65mg

View attachment Cannabis Oil minimized.pdf
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Shit, I guess I need to bite the bullet and grow some Afghani ladies this year, then. Thank you for sharing that recipe. :)

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

I plan on checking out Durango on my next trip out.... so far Boulder and Summit County are looking the best too me

Summit county has the added problem of people waling around in an oxygen depleted state,.....I.E. a fight or flight mentality too often ( i was up there 20 years )

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I live in Summit County back in 01-08
The saying is true. "Fat, Ugly and mean, move to Summit County and become a queen.
I like the Dillon area. Nice houses. Quiet. Great view of the lake.

miko

miko

I call bullshit on needing over a mill to start a shop. Hell you don't even have to grow your own anymore you can just buy all the cheap crap from other shops at whole sale price while you save to start growing your own. I know multiple small time mom pop shops that are able to support there families no problem still to this day!
if you can hustle it's possible no doubt

Just my 2 cents on costs to start a small operation.

I invested $20,000 to get it started. Its small, but efficient for a one man show. https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/just-a-small-time-grow-many-strains.64096/
I built out all of it:
A work shop/ trim room, A veg room, A large flower room and a drying room. 8, 1000W Air-Cooled HPS in flower.

Why 20k ?
Lights, wiring, hoods, venting, 12 Light Controller, tables, Room build-out (lumbar/drywall/insulation/doors/etc).
Pots/Trays/ Veg Shelving, Lights, Soil, Strains (huge cost) and a large product Safe.

A year complete and already have my money back on the initial investment.

Costs are less than $1000 a month to operate not counting my time. So costs me 1/3 a unit to run it and I can pull 3-4 units a month.

Good luck,

G1

Potato Pipe

Potato Pipe

@miko , does that $20k include all the licensing and all that bureaucratic BS?

Killer setup, BTW.

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

you serious?

DAMN STRAIGHT,...........the syndrome is called Acute Altitude Exposure. Happens when your were born low and lived high for years, 10,000 feet is high. Ever wonder why very few retire up there? I has more to do with being able to trust their neighbors long term than anything else. People snap the fuck out way more often up there.

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

I live in Summit County back in 01-08
The saying is true. "Fat, Ugly and mean, move to Summit County and become a queen.
I like the Dillon area. Nice houses. Quiet. Great view of the lake.

That is funny, i haven't heard that in a while. My mantra was always "welcome to Summit, what's your made up persona?"

miko

miko

DAMN STRAIGHT,...........the syndrome is called Acute Altitude Exposure. Happens when your were born low and lived high for years, 10,000 feet is high. Ever wonder why very few retire up there? I has more to do with being able to trust their neighbors long term than anything else. People snap the fuck out way more often up there.

Ever hear anyone killing their neighbor over water rights... prob same damn thing.

miko

miko

@miko , does that $20k include all the licensing and all that bureaucratic BS?

Killer setup, BTW.

No, licenses are state by state of course and some are charging a pretty penny - which I am in favor of as a business man, but sucks for the small dude.

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

The MIPs license being so expensive is what has kept me out of the business. I'd love to make cannabis oil capsules for patients, but can't justify the investment for the license, so will have to keep making small batches for myself and to share with a few friends. I have not seen this particular thing for sale anywhere, cannabis oil, like RSO, but extracted with Everclear, blended with coconut oil and served in measured doses. I decided to document the technique and share it on several forums in the hope that it will help someone else to find the relief and possibly the cure that I am finding. View attachment 485014

Thanks saw the post you dropped with the technique yesterday,....FANTASTIC WORK. I use all the same equipment (right down to the mega-home still) but take it to the extreme and make dabbable shatter by removing the ALCOHOL COMPLETELY under vacuum. But now will have to look at the foodie end,.... i love that you worked it out to have a controlable repeatable product. I also passed on the MIP license, stupid expensive and an industry filled with kooks and carpetbaggers. Not a professional CHEF ( i'm a retired classically trained EXECUTIVE CHEF with 25 years in the business) in the lot,.....classic back ass ward nice job COLORADO. Ffeel free to PM me if you want some nice recipes for infusion.

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

No, licenses are state by state of course and some are charging a pretty penny - which I am in favor of as a business man, but sucks for the small dude.

Greed is so seductive she will woo you right up to the point she leaves you for dead on the side of the road,.....be careful who you bed down with you might not wake up in time to save you SOUL. Just sayin'

muir

muir

I have just shy of $19,000 in licensing and application fees that I payed in December. I am still 2 months away from my CO and an additional 3 months away from making sale number one. Your number one major unanticipated expense is getting though inspections and local municipality bullshit. Everyone in government wants to punish you by making you wait and pay. The licensing part was easy compared to what I am going through.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I know it sounds like I'm a broken record but people just have no idea what it takes to get in and comply in this industry. State and local requirements are a bitch and they constantly change without notice. Then you have to carry the entire operation and expenses for a year till you even have a chance at making any revenue from your efforts....

Sending positive vibes your way my brutha Muir...in the end it'll be worth the pain

muir

muir

Thanks TK, shit that the building inspection company that my municipality has a contract with is really running me through the ringer. It gets a lil' overwhelming and thank god my wife received a big inheritance or I would have to go pay 30 points on money or sell part of the biz. I think my scenario is a little easier than you relay due to my size and location but I think I'll have a 9 months from application to sales.

K

kolah

Funny shit. You say they are no retired peeps up here? That is pretty much the bulk of the home and land owners here. A large majority are old fucks...like me. If so many people "snap" up here then shouldn't reports of crime be skyrocketed in these areas? I think you best look at the numbers in Chicago and Detroit.

The only reason some older peeps chose not to live up high is if they have respiratory issues and some want to be closer to a hospital should something go terribly wrong (stroke, heart attack, etc). But still where I live it's all retirees.

BTW there ain't many people living at or above 10,000 feet above sea level here. I am at 9400 feet and have been here since 06 and never saw a case or heard of multiple cases of "snappage." No road rage driving idiots, no school shootings, very few robberies and crime in general is non existent. IMO folks up here are very mellow and friendly. Most moved up here to escape the big cities and all the bullshit and peeps are laid back as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom