Any Co Residents Open To Teaming Up?

• Thread starter Sailfishdan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

As I read through the thread what stands out is THICK skin stand up for what you believe to be right
The market seems like the gold rush of miners in 49 who headed to cali
the ones who got rich or lets say just made a living were already there either selling shovels equipment the newest EZ way to pan
or had the Mineral rights to properties.

I see the same thing here that happened oh about one year ago Some of you recall when @inthegorge posted up her 1st comment about starting her Washington state business and the fall-out she took, she had thick skin she stayed the course and Most importantly was already there in the state with her semi truck and knew the rules when the Gold was found. IDK
I am just a guy no big time bad azz grower but I will be smart to say it like this.
If I had money and was interested in Growing Large I would be headed to a Open state where the Prospectus or the outline if you will was just now being written up. DC ? or maybe one of the southern states that are going to be legal very soon . . . get land, get residency OR buy a 30 year old company like a Garden Center or nursery maybe and get active
In My Very Humble Opinion I would be making friends from the western states who have done it and setting up shop in the soon to be growing south. . . . . . .
Just a little guys POV
Above all else be open be straight forward and transparent as possible because the rest of the farmers will see through the Bull
FlyJ

muir

muir

one last thing from old grumpy muir. When the shit blew up immediately post Obummer's election and the first Holder announcement, I got my partner(s) that I had known for years online pot sites prior.

Long story short. After getting a restraining order on me and I was unable to even go to the warehouse I was a financial guarantor for, not even my side of the partnership was on the lease, a different company altogether.....
the one partner that brought the money partner, took the equipment and pot from the fiasco and spit. Leaving the warehouse empty and a lease with $8000plus per month rent that I had to end making a settlement on. The one partner ended up extorting in a foreign country (with a weapon) the other "money" partner after being offered a way to make right. The one partner ended up in a foreign prison only to escape. That's the truth, believe it or not.

be careful who you team up with. do your due diligence cause shit can get fucked up quick, you can get hurt physically and financially, you can end up in prison and in world of tax hurt.

Last edited:
Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

one last thing from old grumpy muir. When the shit blew up immediately post Obummer's election and the first Holder announcement, I got my partners(s) that I had known for years online pot sites prior.

Long story short. After getting a restraining order on me and I was unable to even go to the warehouse I was a financial guarantor for, not even my side of the partnership was on the lease, a different company altogether.....
the one partner that brought the money partner, took the equipment and pot from the fiasco and spit. Leaving the warehouse empty and a lease with $8000plus per month rent that I had to end making a settlement on. The one partner ended up extorting in a foreign country (with a weapon) the other "money" partner after being offered a way to make right. The one partner ended up in a foreign prison only to escape. That's the truth, believe it or not.

be careful who you team up with. do your due diligence cause shit can get fucked up quick, you can get hurt physically and financially, you can end up in prison and in world of tax hurt.

CRAZY SHIT RIGHT THERE!

sorry that happened to you

Last edited:
NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
one last thing from old grumpy muir. When the shit blew up immediately post Obummer's election and the first Holder announcement, I got my partner(s) that I had known for years online pot sites prior.

And you can bet there are at least a dozen of us with the same story, myself included

souf69

souf69

Every time I see a thread like this it reminds me of the past for me, and it makes me think of the strohs brew company. They went hard and had the recipe for a few, but competition was fierce and they went to hard, eventually they went under. They were One of the top three breweries in the nation in the eighties....
I don't even drink either

Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

I bet there are a lot more craft beer drinkers today (most defiantly) compared to what there was in the '80's.... but with time came a more defined pallet, a market, and producers

now look at that industry

its amazing what happens when you give a consumer a choice of a superior product

no doubt there are still plenty of Milwaukee and St. Louis drinkers out there, but that doesn't mean that people naturally prefer a CHEAPPER more profitable product (for the producer) it just means they haven't opened their minds....or had their minds opened

Last edited:
souf69

souf69

I do respect the idea and I would not down talk anyone on the subject. Strohs, had the best recipe supposedly. They were trying to keep up with demand is what I know. Anyhow they had to water it down and that hurt everything.

Potato Pipe

Potato Pipe

@Sailfishdan , why not just move here now, live on the cheap for a few years, and if you don't establish a partnership in that time you can just go into business with your buddy?

If I had the capital and motivation that you have I'm willing to bet I could fly solo and make it work.

Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

That's not really an option for me anymore.... First off I grow FULL TIME, as in growing is my career, it's how I pay the bills... I have a wife, 2 kids and a lifestyle that they are accustomed to...

5 or 10 years ago I wouldn't have thought twice about it.... I've already made the leap into Full Time cannabis (and left one of the best jobs I could have had), just jumped to the wrong state....

CO is expensive, and it's far from the ocean(they only other place I work, professional sportfishing)

Its not a matter of hacking it solo it's more complicated than that... the industry is changing rapidly and who know what could happen in 2 years...

Last edited:
souf69

souf69

That's not really an option for me anymore.... First off I grow FULL TIME, as in growing is my career, it's how I pay the bills... I have a wife, 2 kids and a lifestyle that they are accustomed to...

Its not a matter of hacking it solo it's more complicated than that...
Oh man, the gods are going to be mad...
I grow enough for me and if I have extra then I share. When you have to grow for a living? Now that's a feat!

souf69

souf69

5 or 10 years ago I wouldn't have thought twice about it.... I've already made the leap into Full Time cannabis (and left one of the best jobs I could have had), just jumped to the wrong state....

CO is expensive, and it's far from the ocean(they only other place I work, professional sportfishing)

Its not a matter of hacking it solo it's more complicated than that... the industry is changing rapidly and who know what could happen in 2 years...
Wait for the next President to get in office, then wait a few months for any changes from the a policy shift. If that does not happen, well by that time you should have a mill or so to buy your own place.

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
You must be high, because there is so much super dank weed and hash all over Colorado. This whole state is FLOODED with top shelf product. Where are you from, that has this amazing weed that no one in Colorado has ever seen? You sound hilarious. There is so much competition out here, that weed is barely worth anything and hash sits on the shelfs for months while shops put out COUPONS for weed. You ever been to kind love, natty rems, the herbal cure, or the Clinic? Would love to see some test result from your amazing flower.
do you actually shop at any med or rec shops? medical is OK and rec is barely smokeable... caregivers? yes they have dank, but thats not we are talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom