Any one tried New SONOFARM led lights

• Thread starter Highdesert420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kylesidious

Kylesidious

No they say it veg 5x5 and flower 4x4.
Also one last comment lol - Like I said I'm not vouching for quality at all right now. I bought the light so I can test it and let you know! So before we assume it's shit, let's see what it can do lol.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I completely agree with the warranty thing. I actually contacted Sonofarm and mentioned exactly what you mentioned in your reply to them. I did review all of the specs from one to the other and yes they have less diodes, but I'm still curious to see the quality. I'm really not trying to go over 1000 PPFD myself because I'm just barely supplementing Co2 using the EZCo2 bag. I'm willing to try it out mainly due to the price tag being so low and also because I don't like to judge without trying it out myself so I figured I will take the hit for everyone else to hear the results as the $360 I dropped for the light isn't really much to me and I'm intrigued to see the results (whether or not they end up being desirable).

🤷‍♂️
And what was thier answer on that? Just curious as they may have a legit warranty

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

And what was thier answer on that? Just curious as they may have a legit warranty
This is part of the conversation....

I sent Today at 3:22 PM

Also just curious - I see you offer a 5 year warranty obviously as your company is new, some people may have reservations about trusting warranties from newer companies. Should I see any risk in purchasing from your company being that it's still in its infancy? I hope this doesn't seem disrespectful I'm just curious and usually ask questions before I make purchases to make sure I'm making a smart and calculated decision.

SonoFarm sent Today at 3:22 PM

Spider Farmer makes great products but I wouldn't say our quality is worse. We have customers that have both ours and SF lights. They are very happy with our lights. The price difference reflects the LED count. Our 4000 has 896 LEDs. Our heatsink is 4mm thick compared to Spider Farmers which is 2.5mm. It helps keep the light run cooler. We are confident in the reliability quality of our product which is why we are willing to offer a 5 year warranty. I understand we are still a new company so your questions are completely reasonable!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This is part of the conversation....

I sent Today at 3:22 PM

Also just curious - I see you offer a 5 year warranty obviously as your company is new, some people may have reservations about trusting warranties from newer companies. Should I see any risk in purchasing from your company being that it's still in its infancy? I hope this doesn't seem disrespectful I'm just curious and usually ask questions before I make purchases to make sure I'm making a smart and calculated decision.

SonoFarm sent Today at 3:22 PM

Spider Farmer makes great products but I wouldn't say our quality is worse. We have customers that have both ours and SF lights. They are very happy with our lights. The price difference reflects the LED count. Our 4000 has 896 LEDs. Our heatsink is 4mm thick compared to Spider Farmers which is 2.5mm. It helps keep the light run cooler. We are confident in the reliability quality of our product which is why we are willing to offer a 5 year warranty. I understand we are still a new company so your questions are completely reasonable!
Yeah that heatsink difference is a big deal. But its also more needed to run the same power through less diodes. None the less its going to grow plants. May need a further distance but not a big deal.

I would specifically ask for a copy of the warranty to see exactly what it covers.... then you can make an informed decision on it.

But yeah no doubt its gonna grow some nice plants its just cost vs gain including warranty, running cost, heat produced and life span and a few others.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Honestly the LED scene is in a pretty disgusting place right now. So many are over priced and under performing. Even the big boys are gouging. There are a few brands I would say are best bang for the buck but I'm not posting them on here.

Bottom line when going budget do some research. You can get some very good lights for a good price but the term "good price is subjective"

Personally a few tips when looking.

-Quality diodes. Samsung 301's white.
-Cree or osram reds
-More diodes per watt.
-Passive cooling and a heataink thats adequate.
-Light spread.
-Conditions of the warranty.
-No UV as this is a gimmick with LED atleast right now.

There are quite a few options out there.

growsince79

growsince79

Honestly the LED scene is in a pretty disgusting place right now. So many are over priced and under performing. Even the big boys are gouging. There are a few brands I would say are best bang for the buck but I'm not posting them on here.

Bottom line when going budget do some research. You can get some very good lights for a good price but the term "good price is subjective"

Personally a few tips when looking.

-Quality diodes. Samsung 301's white.
-Cree or osram reds
-More diodes per watt.
-Passive cooling and a heataink thats adequate.
-Light spread.
-Conditions of the warranty.
-No UV as this is a gimmick with LED atleast right now.

There are quite a few options out there.
The new hlg 100 has Samsung lm301h and lm351h deep red.

growsince79

growsince79

Check out their website, everything is cheaper than amazon and includes free shipping I think.
More lies from their amazon ad. No way 400w (or is it 450?) makes 1000g in a 5x5. Do they weigh the whole plant roots and all- still wet? False advertising is allowed in China.
About this item

• WITH OVER 100,000 Hours Lifespan, the industry-leading LED’s will keep your plants blooming crop after crop. Covering the full color spectrum 3000K 5000K 660nm 760nm IR our grow lights are ideal for all growth stages. Veg footprint: 6 x 6 ft / Flowering footprint is 5 x 5 ft
  • GENUINE MEANWELL DRIVER - Cool, safe and quiet (no fans), our driver powers the LED panel with optimal performance. Water resistant and CE, ETL, FCC, LVD, RoHS certified, the Meanwell driver is built for reliability.
  • CUSTOMIZABLE LIGHTING - Each panel has a dimming knob that can turn the LED’s on and off and anywhere from 0-100% in strength. Such customization makes our LED panel light perfect for different plants and growing environments.
  • LOW RUNNING COSTS, HIGH PERFORMANCE - Drawing just 400W, our Hydroponic Grow Lights won’t eat up your energy bill while producing a healthy 2.9 umol/J. Highly energy efficient, our LED’s deliver powerful light output resulting in higher yields for your plants.
  • SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - So confident are we in our LED grow lights that we offer a 5 year warranty! Our top-of-the-line quality allows us to stand behind our product for years longer than our competition.

MODEL: SonoFarm PRO Series 4000

Diodes: SAMSUNG LM301 LED Diodes

Driver: MeanWell Driver

Veg footprint: 6 x 6 ft / Flowering footprint is 5 x 5 ft

Efficiency: 2.9 umol/J

Max Yield of 2.5g/watt

Ratio & Layout: Full Spectrum 3000K, 5000K, 660nm, IR 760nm

Input Voltage: 100-277V AC

Lighting Power: 450W±5%

Frequency: 50-60HZ

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

here are a few brands I would say are best bang for the buck but I'm not posting them on here.

Feel free to hit me up in dm, gonna be upgrading lights after this grow 'for flowering anyway' and always interested in what you have to say 😅 😁

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

More lies from their amazon ad. No way 400w (or is it 450?) makes 1000g in a 5x5. Do they weigh the whole plant roots and all- still wet? False advertising is allowed in China.
About this item

• WITH OVER 100,000 Hours Lifespan, the industry-leading LED’s will keep your plants blooming crop after crop. Covering the full color spectrum 3000K 5000K 660nm 760nm IR our grow lights are ideal for all growth stages. Veg footprint: 6 x 6 ft / Flowering footprint is 5 x 5 ft
  • GENUINE MEANWELL DRIVER - Cool, safe and quiet (no fans), our driver powers the LED panel with optimal performance. Water resistant and CE, ETL, FCC, LVD, RoHS certified, the Meanwell driver is built for reliability.
  • CUSTOMIZABLE LIGHTING - Each panel has a dimming knob that can turn the LED’s on and off and anywhere from 0-100% in strength. Such customization makes our LED panel light perfect for different plants and growing environments.
  • LOW RUNNING COSTS, HIGH PERFORMANCE - Drawing just 400W, our Hydroponic Grow Lights won’t eat up your energy bill while producing a healthy 2.9 umol/J. Highly energy efficient, our LED’s deliver powerful light output resulting in higher yields for your plants.
  • SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - So confident are we in our LED grow lights that we offer a 5 year warranty! Our top-of-the-line quality allows us to stand behind our product for years longer than our competition.

MODEL: SonoFarm PRO Series 4000

Diodes: SAMSUNG LM301 LED Diodes

Driver: MeanWell Driver

Veg footprint: 6 x 6 ft / Flowering footprint is 5 x 5 ft

Efficiency: 2.9 umol/J

Max Yield of 2.5g/watt

Ratio & Layout: Full Spectrum 3000K, 5000K, 660nm, IR 760nm

Input Voltage: 100-277V AC

Lighting Power: 450W±5%

Frequency: 50-60HZ

I think they copied this direct from spider farmers website and changed the warrantee to 5 years. Lol

Its ok. It goes with the made up ppfd maps they all post.

Highdesert420

Highdesert420

I have not seen what the sonofarm can do yet. Good to see some info rolling in about them though. Don’t hesitate to post any other light brand suggestions. I just shared this new brand I found because I thought they looked really good. Now I see some valid points being raised and time will tell how they hold up and compete I guess. I’m just looking for quality lights at affordable prices so if anyone has has any other suggestions don’t hesitate....

ECgrows

ECgrows

I ordered (4) of the series 1000 for my 3x3' space hoping I can use them in a 4x4' eventually. I'm setting a reminder to update regarding performance in 4 months. Will be a massive upgrade from what i'm currently using. I like the beefier mil thickness on the heatsink offered, and that the drivers are rated for a higher wattage threshold than what is used. I'm super new to growing, but am having a blast gardening through the winter, and have a question for more experienced growers if you guys wouldn't mind helping me out...

With these new quantum boards that you can chain together, HLG, spiderfarmer, etc.... Why go with a large light rather than creating more of an array? It seems like the larger lights have massive hot spots in the center in regards to PPF output, and the bigger you go the worse it gets.

Love the forum!

Highdesert420

Highdesert420

I ordered (4) of the series 1000 for my 3x3' space hoping I can use them in a 4x4' eventually. I'm setting a reminder to update regarding performance in 4 months. Will be a massive upgrade from what i'm currently using. I like the beefier mil thickness on the heatsink offered, and that the drivers are rated for a higher wattage threshold than what is used. I'm super new to growing, but am having a blast gardening through the winter, and have a question for more experienced growers if you guys wouldn't mind helping me out...

With these new quantum boards that you can chain together, HLG, spiderfarmer, etc.... Why go with a large light rather than creating more of an array? It seems like the larger lights have massive hot spots in the center in regards to PPF output, and the bigger you go the worse it gets.

Love the forum!
I got two of those same lights. When I found the company they only had a couple reviews on amazon and those lights were on sale for 99$ each. I’ve wondered the same thing. I’ve heard several people say the smaller boards are better because you can move and adjust them separately, unlike the big boards. I guess it might be convenience? Unless you have the skill to put in a new outlet or something it would be a pain to find a room in your house with outlets situated where you could plug four small lights in and have room for everything else. The big light is just one plug. I’m just assuming that using power strips and extension cords is a bad idea......is it?

growsince79

growsince79

I think they copied this direct from spider farmers website and changed the warrantee to 5 years. Lol

Its ok. It goes with the made up ppfd maps they all post.
Agree. It's not just sf that posts fake par numbers. All the youtube reviews for chinese that I have seen are consistently way lower than advertised.
For some reason hlg reviews are very close to their claims, which makes them look weak compared to the chinese lights.

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

Agree. It's not just sf that posts fake par numbers. All the youtube reviews for chinese that I have seen are consistently way lower than advertised.
For some reason hlg reviews are very close to their claims, which makes them look weak compared to the chinese lights.
They aren’t the same light configuration. I’m running a test between them. Here’s a few pics. Still waiting for 28seedlings to pop and get ready to be transplanted to the 4x4 rockwool cubes.

growsince79

growsince79

They aren’t the same light configuration. I’m running a test between them. Here’s a few pics. Still waiting for 28seedlings to pop and get ready to be transplanted to the 4x4 rockwool cubes.
What are you talking about? I'm watching independent reviewers and comparing them to numbers posted by manufacturers for that model. From what I've seen so far they all lie. Don't believe everything you hear because you want it to be true.
Educatee yourself.

Top Bottom