Anyone Else Try Magical Butter Machine?

• Thread starter slimjimham
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Limits as in how much material?

I made the strongest butter I could with the machines recommendations. It says not to use less than 2 cups of butter, and I could only fit 4.5 ounces of material in the machine. So that isn't the strongest butter for a big guy with a high tolerance such as myself.

Some sort of concentrate will be needed to make anything stronger.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Limits as in how much material?

I made the strongest butter I could with the machines recommendations. It says not to use less than 2 cups of butter, and I could only fit 4.5 ounces of material in the machine. So that isn't the strongest butter for a big guy with a high tolerance such as myself.

Some sort of concentrate will be needed to make anything stronger.

What ratio plant/butter do you use? Im at 1:1. 1 ounce of material to 1 pound of butter and my cookies rock!

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

2 cups of butter = 1 pound of butter

So I made 1 pound of butter with 4.5 ounces of nice flowers.

I am sure they would be great for the average person, but I have been smoking and eating cannabis for a very long time now. That coupled with being a big dude, my tolerance is quite high. (pun intended)

Decarbed for 30 min at 25o in the oven. Oven is accurate.

slimjimham

slimjimham

Deff no concentrates needed. I used 4z sugar leaf trim from my spinpro, to 2 cups coconut oil. Shit was insanely strong. As I noted it made 320 knock you on your ass cookies, or 160 I think I gotta go to the ER cookies ha.

It's all about quality of trim. I tried 4z old trim with big fan leaves all through it and the potency was like 1/4 as strong... Bt I'm sure that's because there were 3/4 of bs fan leaves with no value.

Use the sugar trim and you'll love it. And they told me 1-4z trim per cup... I think you could fit a bit more if you wanted to...

I'm telling you, this thing is amazing.... And I wouldn't want the oil any stronger. 1oz or 2tbsp makes 20 strong edibles with that recipe. That's crazy strong as it is ha... so no, Def no concentrates needed

Lowman

Lowman

I don't understand why you are decarbing the material first. I'm pretty sure it gets decarbed during the making of the butter. I have never decarbed before making butter.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Decarboxylation graph 1 11

Full.Melt

Full.Melt

you have to decarb if you want to feel the meds.if not it's a waste of material.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Explain this to me please.

http://www.marijuanagrowershq.com/decarboxylating-cannabis-turning-thca-into-thc/

Great article on decarboxylating cannabis.

First seven paragraphs:

"
The other day I was asked by an acquaintance why the tincture they were making had very little, if any, noticeable medicinal or psychoactive effect. They swore they followed the same process found in a book on making edibles and soaked the cannabis in high proof for weeks but the tincture just didn’t work.

The answer was simple but one that many in the cannabis industry don’t understand. One very important and necessary extra step had been overlooked. Cannabis used to make tinctures as well as other edible cannabis products requires decarboxylation. From asking around I have a feeling a lot of you just blurted out “Say What?”

So here is the deal. THCA (Tetrahydrocannabinolic Acid) is found in abundance in growing and harvested cannabis and is a biosynthetic precursor of THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol). Wow, this sounds scary like organic chemistry, doesn’t it? It is, so for both of our benefits, I’ll give you the dumbed down version.

Research suggests THCA has anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective effects but does not produce the psychoactive effect that make you feel “high”. This “high” is from the cannabinoid THC, of which little if any is found when cannabis is growing or recently harvested.

Decarboxylation is a chemical reaction that releases carbon dioxide (CO2). This means a chemical reaction takes place in which carboxylic acids loose a carbon atom from a carbon chain. This process converts THCA to THC, the much loved compound with many medicinal and psychoactive effects. When the cannabis drys, it very very slowly begins to decarboxylate and converts THCA to THC.

The good news is we don’t have to wait years for cannabis to decarboxylate. We can speed things along with a process that is a lot simpler than you might expect. Simply heating dried cannabis to the correct temperature for enough time releases that carbon dioxide and creates THC. Why have so many of you never heard of this before? Decarboxylating takes place without extra effort when cannabis is heated during the act of smoking or vaporizing. It also takes place to some degree when cannabis is cooked into butter or when hash and kief are added to a favorite recipe and then cooked in the oven.

When making tinctures, cannabis is not heated or baked, it is simply soaked in high proof alcohol. Decarboxylation never takes place and you end up with a product with a lot of THCA and very little THC. This may be a good for some symptoms but will not produce the results most expect.
"

Lowman

Lowman

I was referring to the magic butter machine already heats up the material during the butter making. How is that not decarbing while the butter is being made. Does anyone know what temp the machine gets to. My butter without decarbing at 1 oz per pound of butter knocks your dick in the dirt without decarbing first.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Great question @Lowman. I have a feeling the unit doesn't get any hotter than 212f. If that is the case, if you look at LittleDabbie's graph, it would take around an hour at that temp. The recipe for butter does take 2 hours to complete......Good question Lowman.

With that said, the directions from magic butter clearly states to put the material in an oven safe pot with lid, and cook at 250 for 20-30 min.

My next batch of butter/oil I am going to open it up mid way and take a temp reading with my lazer temp gun. I will report back, but it wont be for a while.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Great question @Lowman. I have a feeling the unit doesn't get any hotter than 212f. If that is the case, if you look at LittleDabbie's graph, it would take around an hour at that temp. The recipe for butter does take 2 hours to complete......Good question Lowman.

With that said, the directions from magic butter clearly states to put the material in an oven safe pot with lid, and cook at 250 for 20-30 min.

My next batch of butter/oil I am going to open it up mid way and take a temp reading with my lazer temp gun. I will report back, but it wont be for a while.

Actually That graph shows that your thc levels would be alot lower if you only went 212 for 1 hour, Remember your converting thca into thc by decarboxylation, The PEAK point at which that occurs is 252 for 27 mins you have a little window before your thc starts to degrade further into cbn.

:D

So to answer the guys question NO the unit does not heat up hot enough for long enough to fully decarb the weed.

212f for maybe 6-8 hours would fully decarb but the 2 it calls for is too short.

slimjimham

slimjimham

Little d, I used to play worms on the pc back in the day all the time, must have been 15 years ago ha. The good old days

Latest posts

Top Bottom