Aptus nutrients

• Thread starter Dutchtouch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nuttso

nuttso

Yes. I don't use closed hoods. Tried nearly every open hood out there. Including aaw, gavita, triplestar, Growstar etc. These are the refloctors i'm gonna stay with for a while.

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

Yes. I don't use closed hoods. Tried nearly every open hood out there. Including aaw, gavita, triplestar, Growstar etc. These are the refloctors i'm gonna stay with for a while.
nice man. have a link for a USA online retailer? or even better a brick and mortar shop in socal?

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

^^^^ this?? big fan of parabolic hoods. worked great for me in the past, this may be what i need though for a sog experiment... Sorry to get off topic dutch. things look fire per usual. MWD

B

bakershredhead

Hey guys just flipped my vert room today. I'm using the Heavy16 with the Aptus boosters. I'm wondering when I use the peak boost should I add some Camg back to my ro water or just use my well water instead of the ro? Everything looking great so far. I've been feeding Aptus with base, then just base, base with sea green, and then either low base or act tea made with Cap's bennies. Then repeat. Feeding for a minute four times during lights on in 20 gl smartpots with a mix of 75/25 Hydroton/coco. Also foliar with Magic green, Ca-25, Tea, and Pure Protein dry. Any thoughts feedback is welcome.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

bakers use whatever water you were using before flip. if you have to add more massboost to up cal mag then do it but add it after you add fascilitor and add peakboost last. that's what i've been told, i'm about to go into flower w/ aptus boosters in dechlorinated tap.

I'm getting comparison pics tomorrow between botanicare line w/ their pbp and aptus w/ pbp...there's no denying aptus is a better product.

and yo dutch - cleaning is the name of the game. best way to maximize your equipment, keep the bugs away, and spend quality time with the plants. They definitely notice the difference!

tweedy

tweedy

Yup. Couldn't of said it better.. or manage to track in mites on clothes.. especially broad mites..

There used to be a product greencoast carried called Messenger. it was an excellent harpin product. they took it off the market :(... since then i have been searching for a replacement.

I use chitosan, SA, phosphite(H16Fire), H16 Foliar, and caps bennies.. all have SAR inducing abilities. Neem oil is often overlooked, but is one of the most cost effective and efficient ways to maintaining a healthy garden.

These are distributors we use in the store. Supposedly wipes the floor with messenger, it's the same company apparently but a different formulation. Urban Ag is really easy to deal with too, they are who we get our Sea Green, Banana Manna, etc from.

Dutchtouch

Dutchtouch

Hey dutch when do you remove the no pests strips from your room? This thread is great btw lots of good info!

I use the insect strips as early indicators

If I see pests on the strips then I know I have a problem

Dutchtouch

Dutchtouch

Hey guys just flipped my vert room today. I'm using the Heavy16 with the Aptus boosters. I'm wondering when I use the peak boost should I add some Camg back to my ro water or just use my well water instead of the ro? Everything looking great so far. I've been feeding Aptus with base, then just base, base with sea green, and then either low base or act tea made with Cap's bennies. Then repeat. Feeding for a minute four times during lights on in 20 gl smartpots with a mix of 75/25 Hydroton/coco. Also foliar with Magic green, Ca-25, Tea, and Pure Protein dry. Any thoughts feedback is welcome.

I would stick to botanic cal mag if you start using mass boost as came you will break the bank

I would ease of on all the foliar feeding maybe just hit it once every 3 weeks you don't want to cause any problems by hitting it with to many products

obsoul33t

obsoul33t

IBL
These are distributors we use in the store. Supposedly wipes the floor with messenger, it's the same company apparently but a different formulation. Urban Ag is really easy to deal with too, they are who we get our Sea Green, Banana Manna, etc from.
nice thread DT

thanks for that link i have been trying to find a messenger replacement for a while , down to my last 6 sachets of messenger ...

tweedy

tweedy

nice thread DT

thanks for that link i have been trying to find a messenger replacement for a while , down to my last 6 sachets of messenger ...

No problem, I always forget I'm not really in the same shoes as most farmers as far as when new products come out. Working at only hydro and glass shops for the past 4 years I have been constantly inundated with either reps coming in and pushing their products or customers asking about them and doing special orders (which inevitably one always gets ordered for me too, I can't help but think that someone is up to something better than me if it's something I haven't heard of, ha).

And agreed, very nice thread DT. Your level of gardening is impressive to say the least. Not only in size but in commitment towards a consistent and healthy harvest free of harmful pesticides (which again, working in shops will make you think twice about ever smoking someone else's crop unless you trust them as a gardener, I have seen people with as little as 3 weeks to chop buying floramite and avid to spray on their flowers). It's refreshing to say the least to see someone who truly cares about their garden and the finished flower.

tweedy

tweedy

Speaking of which, the Aptus reps stopped into my store today (which I'm really pissed off, today is one of my only days I don't work so no questions on my part could be answered). However, they did leave me a Fasilitator, Startboost, and Baseboost sample pack! It's called the "believer" package, ha.

B

bakershredhead

Ok Dutch, thanks for the reply. So I guess I'll add just a bit of CaMg for a buffer before adding any nutrients when I start using the peak boost.

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

I use the insect strips as early indicators

If I see pests on the strips then I know I have a problem

Hey dutch those look like No-Pest Strips, not the regular non-toxic sticky taps..just saying.

>>Do yours have dichlorvos as an ingredient?

...If so, you may want to consider dropping them out before you flip 12/12. It's a totally unnecessary poison IMO.

Dutchtouch

Dutchtouch

Hey dutch those look like No-Pest Strips, not the regular non-toxic sticky taps..just saying.

>>Do yours have dichlorvos as an ingredient?

...If so, you may want to consider dropping them out before you flip 12/12. It's a totally unnecessary poison IMO.

I only use it as part of my early detection systems and these are hanging in the air not sprayed onto a plant

Dutchtouch

Dutchtouch

Ch
No problem, I always forget I'm not really in the same shoes as most farmers as far as when new products come out. Working at only hydro and glass shops for the past 4 years I have been constantly inundated with either reps coming in and pushing their products or customers asking about them and doing special orders (which inevitably one always gets ordered for me too, I can't help but think that someone is up to something better than me if it's something I haven't heard of, ha).

And agreed, very nice thread DT. Your level of gardening is impressive to say the least. Not only in size but in commitment towards a consistent and healthy harvest free of harmful pesticides (which again, working in shops will make you think twice about ever smoking someone else's crop unless you trust them as a gardener, I have seen people with as little as 3 weeks to chop buying floramite and avid to spray on their flowers). It's refreshing to say the least to see someone who truly cares about their garden and the finished flower.
Cheers sir!

K

kushsmoker30

how u feeling bout them adjusta's? i know i asked a while back, figured it'd been a min n was wondering if u miss ur BB's or if those shit on the BB's u had

Dutchtouch

Dutchtouch

how u feeling bout them adjusta's? i know i asked a while back, figured it'd been a min n was wondering if u miss ur BB's or if those shit on the BB's u had

Hey bro I think the adjust a wings are the way to go. seems like you just get a little more spread with them

I will use adjust a wings in all my gardens from now on, Been thinking of the Gavitas too

K

kushsmoker30

Hey bro I think the adjust a wings are the way to go. seems like you just get a little more spread with them

I will use adjust a wings in all my gardens from now on, Been thinking of the Gavitas too

good to know. i didn't care 4 em but i must say i only tried 2, maybe more r needed so the overcast lighting can really b an advantage. perhaps i should try 4 of em n c what they do b4 getting rid if the 1's i got, thank u 4 sharing ur findings as these type of things help people like me by learning from what U done.

u ever use mag XXXL's hoods?

nuttso

nuttso

i was a fan of the AAW's too, but now i'm with Hortiline Northstar and won't look back.

1000367_0.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom