Aqua’s Hydro systems meet SPIDERFARMER SE 7000

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Lol now that you mentioned it, im understanding why I still get issues.

@Aqua Man im wondering how these venturi fittings will work if its undercurrent and each tote has a fitting on the feed hose. So no airstones and each tote has a venturi. I mention it due to my airstones getting trapped in roots. Once they get trapped i feel the stones arent as efficient. I just see much whiter roots with the venturi vs stones. I know you were working on a venturi of some sort, but yea. . they are amazing and i dont see myself using stones ever again. Dunno if thats usefull to ya but figured id share.

Those 3 inch bulkheads are damn near double the price. Im sure with your large capacity plugging 2 inch wont be an issue. You can also use the bottom feed to push the roots away from the return line. . airatones work well for that short term but eventually get overtaken. No root can ever stop a venturi lol
When using a Venturi you want it on the intake side of the pump not after.

HighRootz

HighRootz

Now, I've been growing outdoors for years and in the process of converting part of my garage to accommodate my 4x4 and 3x3 tents. I've never grown hydro or aero before, so would this system be beginner friendly? Like plug and play or assemble, plug, then read up before playing? There's a lot to take in from what I'm seeing but very interested in learning a new side of growing

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

When using a Venturi you want it on the intake side of the pump not after.
Yea but if you have tubing and have to push it a distance it just does on and off flow. . like burping. The ones i got that work great are right after the pump. Ive seen the ones your talking about but those were large scale for pools and ponds. You want the pump to mix the air and water. . but but. . if you put it at the end of the hose with the airline it works great.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Now, I've been growing outdoors for years and in the process of converting part of my garage to accommodate my 4x4 and 3x3 tents. I've never grown hydro or aero before, so would this system be beginner friendly? Like plug and play or assemble, plug, then read up before playing? There's a lot to take in from what I'm seeing but very interested in learning a new side of growing
Yes but like any grow it wont eliminate every issue. I will be providing a complete guide to the system and the parameters it should be run at. I have yet to see the inpact this has on nutrient demands etc but you will see timelines and parameters as we go.

There is lots on the go and as @Moe.Red said some things need to take a backseat right now. Developing a feed schedule and recommendations on nutrients will be done and eventually i plan to provide nutrients tailored to the system. Passing more savings on as we all know the fert industry is full of lucrative profits and marketing unicorns in many cases. But there are no timelines in that as of yet

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yea but if you have tubing and have to push it a distance it just does on and off flow. . like burping. The ones i got that work great are right after the pump. Ive seen the ones your talking about but those were large scale for pools and ponds. You want the pump to mix the air and water. . but but. . if you put it at the end of the hose with the airline it works great.
Some cavitation is always going to be there. You address that issue by properly setting up your flow rate of the Venturi. You need to build your system with using a Venturi in mind.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Next question, so whats your res temp going to be? I seen you mention 70, but we have talked in the past about you liking 72. I myself like 74 but only cause thats what my systems sit at naturally. Im sure it would drop down to 71 or so if I switched to led. I guess my question is I see you all putting alot of focus on the D0 level in water, but in my experience it doesnt grow as fast at the 68f as it does at the 72f, which leads me to believe that plants can only take up so much, so anymore is overkill, kindof like me running a 1000w light in a 4x4 lol. . I mean i raised the ppfd, but can the plant use all that red. .NOPE. . idk, i guess it seems like perhaps you found how to keep the levels the same at 70 as they are 68. Im sure you have to boost the levels somehow if running 70, but my thing is why not 72. I guess it brings me back to the start of this comment. . .

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Next question, so whats your res temp going to be? I seen you mention 70, but we have talked in the past about you liking 72. I myself like 74 but only cause thats what my systems sit at naturally. Im sure it would drop down to 71 or so if I switched to led. I guess my question is I see you all putting alot of focus on the D0 level in water, but in my experience it doesnt grow as fast at the 68f as it does at the 72f, which leads me to believe that plants can only take up so much, so anymore is overkill, kindof like me running a 1000w light in a 4x4 lol. . I mean i raised the ppfd, but can the plant use all that red. .NOPE. . idk, i guess it seems like perhaps you found how to keep the levels the same at 70 as they are 68. Im sure you have to boost the levels somehow if running 70, but my thing is why not 72. I guess it brings me back to the start of this comment. . .
This depends on response of the plants and systems. We have many things to collect data on and interpret and thank the heavens i have Mr. @Moe.Red partnership on this.

But it definitely will change some grow variables and parameters as to how far they can be pushed

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

so you're a marketing pro too, eh? haha
Really I'm not trying to be. I just HATE selling vaporware. I want to get this stuff all installed, and a good grow under my belt to prove it before I go too far with the details.

I could be completely full of shit after all.

EDIT = I've done all this stuff already for realz, but everything has been prototype and wires hanging and all that. I want the grow to show the final product that is ready for shipping with all the refinements. I'm close.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I mean i cannot say more than that at this point but i can assure you this has been a and will continue to be a big part of the data collected and interpreted. But i cant comment further without disclosing more info than i feel comfortable right now.

Basically as a i said we have data to interpret because this tech will change limiting factors. This grow is RnD so there will be much i cannot answer at this time

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ive done many things over the years both blue collar and white collar so my profession could be described as a jack of all trades and a master of none.

My passion for this plant has led me to years of research on it geared towards understanding functions of, interaction with and how to manipulate them for a benefit to the plant and our goals. sometimes you manage to put something together that others have missed. Call it a lucky break, attention to detail or … yeah ill leave it at that.

Most if my years were spent as an industrial mechanic in various industries. But science is my passion

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Fun fact: Aqua very infrequently consumes, and when he does it is typically an edible to shut the computer off to sleep.

I am what you might label a lightweight. I probably consume in a month what some people do in a day here.

Not your typical stoners I would say. I think we both just love learning and puzzle solving, and for me this is the best puzzle I can get my hands on. It can be humbling for sure, but it can be pretty amazing too. Mostly amazing.

I'm not sure I could build this if I were high all the time. What the hell was that variable name again? Wait, I thought I already wrote that method, where the hell is it?

🤪

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Fun fact: Aqua very infrequently consumes, and when he does it is typically an edible to shut the computer off to sleep.

I am what you might label a lightweight. I probably consume in a month what some people do in a day here.

Not your typical stoners I would say. I think we both just love learning and puzzle solving, and for me this is the best puzzle I can get my hands on. It can be humbling for sure, but it can be pretty amazing too. Mostly amazing.

I'm not sure I could build this if I were high all the time. What the hell was that variable name again? Wait, I thought I already wrote that method, where the hell is it?

🤪
Nailed it brother…

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Im to the point where id bet money you own one of the hydro stores in stl, why would you? I mean you could own one of the new dispensary or cultivation facilities, but your stuffs in ur basement so I dunno about that. I mean then with aquas background lol, easy peasy with this dealio yall got going. Perhaps im the cop ;) Anyways, im just hoping that somewhere in the future this thread will end the debate about res temps. Even if its not till next year, please test, on the same clones, res temp growth rates. I for one know it caps, but dont know at what temp?
Im assuming when increasing DO levels with additives this is in a sterile system, which couldnt run at 72f, i mean it could lol, if you think it through like you all are doing, but. . but. . 0 bbs right? See thats the thing to when reading over your work MOE, you run bbs, and so does aqua. Sooo are bbs just as proficient at colder temps as they are warmer temps?
Im just adding what id like to see tried yet dont have the time to do. Like even if a trial was done with bbs at 72f, was it also done without bbs at 72f? uhh fuck what you all are doing lol. . so much data collecting. When its all there, how in the hell do you plan on extracting the most valibuale info???? U gonna use AI cause thats gonna take some real effort, and even criticism to figure out. I dunno, i fuck off to much, but more power to yall. I just feel bad in a way cause whatever the outcome is. . im the guy that builds my own, so as long as your giving the info out, imma be taking it. Thats why I love this site!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom