Aqua’s Hydro systems meet SPIDERFARMER SE 7000

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

What kind of PC rig did you set up? I just built a new PC w/ 3070ti ddr5 and i7 12700k. Mainly for photo editing/milsim/flight sim games. I fkn hate windows 11, they include Norton “antivirus” which is how you know your screwed from the beginning lol.
I do Binary Options Trading on the side so I needed a fast computer. Built one with an Aorus B660M Pro AX MB. I7 12700k chip and 2GB's of SSD storage. DDR4 RAM.

Agreed. W11 BLOWS! Sorry for the postjack!!!

Zombierider

Zombierider

I should say can make photosynthetic rates over 20% higher because it increases the photosynthetic efficiency and that means more energy produced and used by the plant to build more plant material… is a better way to describe it
Good way to put it. These are plants, not machines, we can't predict what they do with enough accuracy to say you will produce exactly 25-30% more dense nugs. The next question should be 30% more of what? It could be 30% more leaves but the plant still flowers poorly. Genetics, experience, luck, having enough free time to obsess, all are factors that influence that 30% number. I am excited to try CO2, I see it like the steroids of the plant world. Only those professionals can utilize steroids, if your a newb taking steroids won't do shit except empty your bank and probably kill you.

Zombierider

Zombierider

Hey mosh one other thing that would seem helpful to a guy in fl is you can run the plants hotter with CO2

I cannot say how much it adds to yield because I have no way to do a side by side. My gut tells me comparing my growth rates to others I see posted that it is significant.

Here is what my roots look at harvest.

View attachment 1268650

That is a plant that drinks a lot and grows big fast. Some percentage of that I think is co2
Holy crap I almost spit out my Modelo on my monitor seeing those roots. Bro that shit isnt natural, it's a damned freak of nature! I like it!!

Zombierider

Zombierider

Today’s project: getting the wet sensors moved to the new hardware platform. I used this setup on my last grow and I’m pleased with the probe accuracy so these get adopted into the new build and all the others get abandoned. It’s like football tryouts for measuring utensils. Survival of the fittest.

View attachment 1268789
What probes did these replace that weren't as accurate? I'm looking at bluelabs res monitor but maybe Atlas Scientific is the way to go?

Zombierider

Zombierider

Maybe as this goes ill make some exhale bags for sale also… only cheap and sell DIY kits like a master culture where the user provides thier own media and only need a 1 time purchase… lol that would piss some ppl off
Good, piss them off, make them step their game up and stop selling/marketing hyped bs.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Good way to put it. These are plants, not machines, we can't predict what they do with enough accuracy to say you will produce exactly 25-30% more dense nugs. The next question should be 30% more of what? It could be 30% more leaves but the plant still flowers poorly. Genetics, experience, luck, having enough free time to obsess, all are factors that influence that 30% number. I am excited to try CO2, I see it like the steroids of the plant world. Only those professionals can utilize steroids, if your a newb taking steroids won't do shit except empty your bank and probably kill you.
It not 30% more leaves, thats spectral and genetic related. Is 30% increase to photosynthetic efficiency (rates is a term id loosely associate) this means they will be able to process more photons to energy by as much as 30%. It does this by reducing photorespiration that occurs. So the higher you go in light intensity the higher the photorespiration which lowers photosynthetic efficiency. Co2 is a major limiting factor in this equation and so is o2 in the rootzone, all other environmental factors also play a role. Adding co2 increases efficiency and thus reduces photorespiration and your plants are able to utilize more light or at a min the light you have more efficiently.

Ita alot kore complex but co2 will benefit almost everyone its just to what degree based on how well the grow is dialled in. This is especially beneficial in flower when we need to run high intensity because we only have 12 hrs to get the plants as much light as possible.

Further to this the increases are on photosynthetic rates so the more leaves photosynthesizing the bigger the gain. So not as necessary or beneficial in early veg or very late flower.

This all coincides with why i wrote my defoliation thread the way i did. Its to maximize photosynthesis and by doing so you also maximize your co2

tobh

tobh

Supporter
What kind of PC rig did you set up? I just built a new PC w/ 3070ti ddr5 and i7 12700k. Mainly for photo editing/milsim/flight sim games. I fkn hate windows 11, they include Norton “antivirus” which is how you know your screwed from the beginning lol.
Full AMD build. Ryzen 9 3900, RTX 6900XT, 64GB ddr5, 1TB NVMe, 2TB SSD, 4TB HDD, ASUS B550 mobo, 1Kw evga power supply, arctic liquid 2 freezer cpu cooler. Only thing I cheaped out on was the mobo, but got it for a good deal on newegg and was already in the hole a couple grand for everything else.

Monster of a machine that I only use a fraction of the power it has since I can't get Davinci Resolve to cooperate with Debian Linux. Thinking about trying to run it in a VM and seeing if I can get virtualbox or wine to access the hardware properly for it to run correctly.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I do Binary Options Trading on the side so I needed a fast computer. Built one with an Aorus B660M Pro AX MB. I7 12700k chip and 2GB's of SSD storage. DDR4 RAM.

Agreed. W11 BLOWS! Sorry for the postjack!!!
I've been learning day trading lately, so that's an added benefit to having the hardware too. Gotta have something fast to be somewhat competitive against the algos haha

Zombierider

Zombierider

It not 30% more leaves, thats spectral and genetic related. Is 30% increase to photosynthetic efficiency (rates is a term id loosely associate) this means they will be able to process more photons to energy by as much as 30%. It does this by reducing photorespiration that occurs. So the higher you go in light intensity the higher the photorespiration which lowers photosynthetic efficiency. Co2 is a major limiting factor in this equation and so is o2 in the rootzone, all other environmental factors also play a role. Adding co2 increases efficiency and thus reduces photorespiration and your plants are able to utilize more light or at a min the light you have more efficiently.

Ita alot kore complex but co2 will benefit almost everyone its just to what degree based on how well the grow is dialled in. This is especially beneficial in flower when we need to run high intensity because we only have 12 hrs to get the plants as much light as possible.

Further to this the increases are on photosynthetic rates so the more leaves photosynthesizing the bigger the gain. So not as necessary or beneficial in early veg or very late flower.

This all coincides with why i wrote my defoliation thread the way i did. Its to maximize photosynthesis and by doing so you also maximize your co2
Increasing photosynthesis with leaf management seems like the best way to think about defoliation vs just defoliating for more light to the nugs. I will read your defoliation thread and learn more about this.
It makes total sense though, in flower I tried to run low humidity but my lights were too much for them and they looked like they were drowning due to the really high transpiration rate, stopping any photosynthesis. Ended up lowering the temps and the light intensity a little and they livened up. I'm assuming adding co2 would have minimized that transpiration rate letting them deal with the light/heat no probs. More light, more photosynthesis, more growth. Nicee

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Increasing photosynthesis with leaf management seems like the best way to think about defoliation vs just defoliating for more light to the nugs. I will read your defoliation thread and learn more about this.
It makes total sense though, in flower I tried to run low humidity but my lights were too much for them and they looked like they were drowning due to the really high transportation rate, stopping any photosynthesis. Ended up lowering the temps and the light intensity a little and they livened up. I'm assuming adding co2 would have minimized that transpiration rate letting them deal with the light/heat no probs. More light, more photosynthesis, more growth. Nicee
Exactly brother

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

What probes did these replace that weren't as accurate? I'm looking at bluelabs res monitor but maybe Atlas Scientific is the way to go?
So there are tons of sensors of all kinds out there. The devil is in the details. Accuracy, drift, longevity and cost all have to be factored in. Finding the right interface and form factor all plays a role. And in today’s world availability due to supply chain issues globally. I’m dealing with the same chip shortage that everyone is.

If you want to wait I will have this system in a showable condition within a month. As a general consumer that needs something now blue lab is the way to go.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Man U guys are gunna knock this outta the park any idea how much u will be selling the systems for always gone coco/perlite keen to jump down the rabbit hole that is dwc 👍

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Man U guys are gunna knock this outta the park any idea how much u will be selling the systems for always gone coco/perlite keen to jump down the rabbit hole that is dwc 👍
Will depend a lot on the package and system you want. Costs are still up in the air but it will be very competitive with the market as this testing will show a far more capable system that anything currently out there.

Its not going to be in line with the budget systems that do the bare minimum.

At best guess this system with equipment to reach these levels probably around 1k or a touch more. That gives you a system better than anything on the market today. If you check the top systems some are close to if not double that price.

Sourcing is going to be key because savings will most definitely be passed along

E9noxis

E9noxis

Will depend a lot on the package and system you want. Costs are still up in the air but it will be very competitive with the market as this testing will show a far more capable system that anything currently out there.

At best guess this system with equipment to reach these levels probably around 1k or a touch more. That gives you a system better than anything on the market today. If you check the top systems some are close to if not double that price.

Sourcing is going to be key because savings will most definitely be passed along
Is there a computer program involved? Do I need to hook my pc to it or is there an app? Manual controls?

Are you guys also going to set up something to automate a soil grow or is that a step backwards?

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

A grand sounds very competitive aquaman if the system knocks it out the park which I’m sure it will u could recoup costs in 1 grow keep on keeping on mate can’t wait for the plant show to start👌

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I'm an automation geek so this type of system appeals to me. Started playing around with arduino and began to get into raspberry pi but lost interest after I had a family member that needed constant care. Just never got back into it after that.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Is there a computer program involved? Do I need to hook my pc to it or is there an app? Manual controls?

Are you guys also going to set up something to automate a soil grow or is that a step backwards?
Yes not this system but there will be . This is the hydroponic version. @Moe.Red is showing the fogponic system and there will be an aeroponic and top feed system also. But these are the 2 we are testing atm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom