Aqua’s Hydro systems meet SPIDERFARMER SE 7000

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Hands down the most rewarding part of it. Even in a still air box.

You guys really aren't helping extinguish this fire that's about to burn up my pockets with all this discussion.

Looks like my winter got way fuller.

@Moe.Red have you looked into trying cordyceps at all? Super interested in that and you grow it on dead bugs... so my inner child is just like 'uhyup.'
I have a culture on ice, but never fruited it. I have more luck with "somewhat standard" things restaurants want.

For the splash of color, we do microgreens

60174005611  500A852D 3CD8 4041 A3E8 5E06649870D6

beluga

beluga

I have a culture on ice, but never fruited it. I have more luck with "somewhat standard" things restaurants want.

For the splash of color, we do microgreens

View attachment 1295068
Man you got the manifestation of most of what I've only dabbled in hobby-wise over the past decade or so. I'm just gonna spend the next few years trying to emulate all the shit you do if that's alright 🤣

Thanks for the inspiration... pockets b'damed!

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Hey it’s ok I’ve flooded my bathroom and basement like 5 times this summer. The float valve didn’t work worth a shit so I had to just time it out. Except I would forget to actually set any timer and then wake up hearing noises which was water dripping thru my bathroom floor into the basement. Luckily on the unfinished side that has a drain but still!
I just had to yank my window unit due to bugs getting in through the open window cracks and side panels of unit. Room is no longer sealed with c02, not even vented. Cant even run the dehui with the window closed. Im just going to screw a sheet of plywood over the entire window, minus the hole for unit, and calk it all. Then I get to drill ahole in the floor and tap in a ro drain line to my main and run the pump line to it, then foam that hole. . fucking dumb. All cause of bugs, apparently i have been leaking co2 out that window also lol. . explains why a bottle only lasts me 2 weeks, figured it was cause of such high ppms. They are just lady bugs atm, my window is full of them, and they are crawling around the room. Not a hazard, yet. .I think they just like the environment, lucky too I have nothing flowering. I got 6 days to finish this and I work all weekend :(

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Around here, they are probably

The Asian Lady Beetle is NOT a true ladybug. It is similar in the way it looks but not in the way it acts. It is native to eastern Asia and was brought over to help control aphids like other ladybugs.

Once introduced, this species spread quickly through Missouri. Many people call it the “Halloween Beetle”, as it often invades homes during October to overwinter. I know we get MANY Asian Lady Beetles coming into our house each year when the weather turns colder!

In fact, this species is considered one of the world’s most invasive insects. Their bodily fluids have an unpleasant odor and can stain fabric, so try not to crush this beetle if you find it inside!

That was just a cut and paste but we deal with these bigtime this time of year at the farm. Little bastards. At least they eat Aphids.

Anthem

Anthem

Around here, they are probably

The Asian Lady Beetle is NOT a true ladybug. It is similar in the way it looks but not in the way it acts. It is native to eastern Asia and was brought over to help control aphids like other ladybugs.

Once introduced, this species spread quickly through Missouri. Many people call it the “Halloween Beetle”, as it often invades homes during October to overwinter. I know we get MANY Asian Lady Beetles coming into our house each year when the weather turns colder!

In fact, this species is considered one of the world’s most invasive insects. Their bodily fluids have an unpleasant odor and can stain fabric, so try not to crush this beetle if you find it inside!

That was just a cut and paste but we deal with these bigtime this time of year at the farm. Little bastards. At least they eat Aphids.
I had a green house in my backyard growing cannabis several years ago. I found aphids on my stems. I went to the local nursery and picked up two of those paper cup of ladybugs. I think the aphids lasted about 4 hours. Completely wiped out the aphids

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Also got these. Idk why I said just ladybugs. I lied lol. . im bad at sharing my negative experiences. I like to be considered better than what I am. But yea these too. Like the window even had spiders in it. I had it covered and hadnt looked for months. Thats where my bug problem came from months ago. Crazy how they dont get into my flower rooms. Im starting to like separate tents. Anywho. . might do a 3 week veg who knows. Way to much work I wasnt ready for.

I had these last year too. .but i only seen like 2 all year. Now ive killed 20 in the last 2 days. There were even spiders in the window. Its dumb, and I really should rip up the carpet and laminate it all. . and i need a real drain line I can pour water down. . thing is that room will be part of my kitchen in a few years lol. .sounds like a good time to burn the house down again

Screenshot 20221021 195302
Screenshot 20221018 173659
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I don't think either will hurt your plant directly. But at least you got it closed up so something worse can't get in.
Yea I wont be throwing these 6 plants away. What was wild was I watched that bug burrow down inside the pebbles when I tried swatting it. I had to lift the lid, get a pitcher of solution out, and top feed the pebbles and rockwool. That sucker crawled right up and out, slowly lol. .then i got him. Did it to all net pots and yea, just him. I need to carbonfilter the inlets of these tents honestly, then they wont be able to make it in. Pretty sure thats why my 2 4x4 flower rooms dont get any, that t8 is massive, and it prolly chews them up if they go in the inlet. and theres no way they can go in the outlet lol. The veg tent they are making it in, is horrible with suction, the fan is shit and pretty sure they can crawl through it without hitting the blades. Anywho, lots to ponder this weekend. Im sure ill have a simple fix, prolly the plywood. Yea they were streamlining in for sure, There were at least 20 bugs in the window, spiders ladybugs and these fucks.
Anyways you will notice im putting it on ur thread and not mine lol. . im embarrassed cause it was well earned. My carpet was also full of dead leafs from me haning a plant directly over my carpet lol.
Let me say this. . .
im not having fun anymore

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Will a ac window unit work in the winter? How else would I cool the room in the winter while keeping it sealed? Do I need to vent the heat and add a drip tray if I want to use it. Im quite positive that room will actually get cold on its own this winter, I just dont think it will be able to handle the dehui, I guess I can turn it up so it doesnt run as much. Im about tempted to go back to a vented room just for the summer.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Will a ac window unit work in the winter? How else would I cool the room in the winter while keeping it sealed? Do I need to vent the heat and add a drip tray if I want to use it. Im quite positive that room will actually get cold on its own this winter, I just dont think it will be able to handle the dehui, I guess I can turn it up so it doesnt run as much. Im about tempted to go back to a vented room just for the summer.
Best option is a ductless AC

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Not when it is cold out. 50s and 60s OK, but much less than that and you can damage the AC.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Best option is a ductless AC
If I cant do that soon, then ya think I should just go back to vented since the ac unit will freeze up? Save some money up and get the mini split, but something a little bigger. I could go get it right now with a card, just if all im gaining is 15% increase with co2, i dont mind waiting. I thought I would get more than that by using c02. I did get quite a bit of frost on one strain, but not the other 2, so im sure its genetics.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If I cant do that soon, then ya think I should just go back to vented since the ac unit will freeze up? Save some money up and get the mini split, but something a little bigger. I could go get it right now with a card, just if all im gaining is 15% increase with co2, i dont mind waiting. I thought I would get more than that by using c02. I did get quite a bit of frost on one strain, but not the other 2, so im sure its genetics.
Imo if its a pita to run co2 id dump it for now

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

what's the DO readings?
Not exactly a simple question to answer. There are 5 distinct zones I am measuring, X4 because there are 4 separate root zones.

To get to the answer I think you are asking, I am averaging about 3x atmospheric in the totes with the roots. I'm leaking a little O2 here and there, theoretically about 90% O2 and about 10% Nitrogen in the root zone is possible. Still trying to get there, although I'm not convinced that will improve things. I think they have all they can use already. But it comes down to correct sizing for Aqua's OG system going forward. Still studying and adjusting.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Not exactly a simple question to answer. There are 5 distinct zones I am measuring, X4 because there are 4 separate root zones.

To get to the answer I think you are asking, I am averaging about 3x atmospheric in the totes with the roots. I'm leaking a little O2 here and there, theoretically about 90% O2 and about 10% Nitrogen in the root zone is possible. Still trying to get there, although I'm not convinced that will improve things. I think they have all they can use already. But it comes down to correct sizing for Aqua's OG system going forward. Still studying and adjusting.

Would yours then be roughly 24 mg/liter with 8 being normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom