Aquaman gets dirty

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's tough to move them around now, they're 5.5 ft tall in 6 gallon pots ..1 in a 7 gallon too big to move around much I'll go down and take a few individual pics. I've bleached everything in the room and their pots. These double spotted spider mites are a bastard to kill off completely.
Hear of using a vacuum with pantyhose over it to suck the bastards up without sucking the leaves up. Maybe tape a paper towel roll to it and cut a hole so you can control suction then cover with panty hose and suck up everything you can first? Then spray. Idk I'm probably the worst person to talk to about bugs.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Actually someone did that like 3 weeks ago. He put up Picts and everything, apparently it works well.
Yeah I brought that up there and he did say it worked well. I heard of it a few yrs back and that person also said it worked well in reducing the numbers to help get them under control and eliminate them. Of course used with other methods.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Yeah I brought that up there and he did say it worked well. I heard of it a few yrs back and that person also said it worked well in reducing the numbers to help get them under control and eliminate them. Of course used with other methods.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I will also mention that numerous company's that make mite killer are recommending drenching the pots when spraying to kill mites. It appears certain mites, but not all of them, can also live in the soil and move back and forth, up and down the plant. People are also putting vaseline down near the base of the plant stem (they also sell a product called Tangle Foot) that will stop the mite highway north/south.

Just to add, this is why most people have an impossible time getting rid of them- because they only spray and don't drench too. Spraying may kill what's up top on the plant, but more mites just move up from the soil looking for their friends for a flu house party.

That and they don't spray at the proper interval and don't spray long enough. As temps go up so does the reproductive cycle. If you are above 80 F you have to spray every 3 days at a min for quite a while when using stuff like oils.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
It's tough to move them around now, they're 5.5 ft tall in 6 gallon pots ..1 in a 7 gallon too big to move around much I'll go down and take a few individual pics. I've bleached everything in the room and their pots. These double spotted spider mites are a bastard to kill off completely.
I tried vacuuming and I did more damage than good I really think washing with a heavy water spray knocks them off and the oils help eliminate. I need to get these under control before I flip.

Pondracer

Pondracer

Also @mimed I only bumped the ppm up after reducing the nitrogen because they started to fade a bit but I think your right... I will back it off and use enzymes more often rather than have a yoyo amount of nitrogen. Thanks for the info. Thinking about 1.2-1.3 sounds about right for soil?

Would you mind an update and a bit more detail on your watering/feeding routine? Frequency etc?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
A stoner thought I had today: if you created an air sealed space (somehow, this is solvable) with your plant inside, and lit some candles to burn the oxygen off then left it for like four hours, the bugs would all be dead but your plant would be fine, right? Then kill the eggs in the soil with something vicious and you're okay?

Also, there's a delightful thread in cannabis photography about a mite genocide that actually had a good discussion on pests.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Maybe they know I hate spiderman... Well all super heros really... Except for deadpool... Can't hate him.
Today is the day I've turned them to 12/12 still under t5 fluorescent for 5 days then back to 20 hrs. I went over them today with my scope and I don't see any mites alive, still some eggs but I blasted them again with the neem oil and we'll see in a few days if they need another blast.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Today is the day I've turned them to 12/12 still under t5 fluorescent for 5 days then back to 20 hrs. I went over them today with my scope and I don't see any mites alive, still some eggs but I blasted them again with the neem oil and we'll see in a few days if they need another blast.
Thanks for the updates bro... Keep em coming.

Moshmen

Moshmen

So Aman sorry to jack ur thread but i use you, @MIMedGrower , and @Dirtbag as mentors like it or not. most of the time u guys are way over my head but it keeps me learning and improving for sure- anyhow I’m ready to switch nutes I believe, gonna move from pure blend pro grow too either masterblend or megacrop. Right now I’m leaning towards masterblend mostly because of price and I don’t think I would benefit from the additives in megacrop because of my skill level,
Do you guys have any opinions on either or both of these fert. Brands

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So Aman sorry to jack ur thread but i use you, @MIMedGrower , and @Dirtbag as mentors like it or not. most of the time u guys are way over my head but it keeps me learning and improving for sure- anyhow I’m ready to switch nutes I believe, gonna move from pure blend pro grow too either masterblend or megacrop. Right now I’m leaning towards masterblend mostly because of price and I don’t think I would benefit from the additives in megacrop because of my skill level,
Not experienced enough with either to offer advice on those personally. Though I will say if you go with megacrop get the two part, and avoid V3.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

So I was looking up price on mega crop & it's pretty pricey. Do you guys have suggestions on anything a lil better priced?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So I was looking up price on mega crop & it's pretty pricey. Do you guys have suggestions on anything a lil better priced?

If using tap water and limed potting soil Jacks classic is probably the best least expensive option.

I have not used it personally though. Im liking dyna grow foliage pro and protekt and am still getting used to it i changed only a few months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom