Aquaman gets dirty

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Close ups of a couple of the hyper blue cherry magoo buds.
20200820 124902
20200820 124806

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Cant wait to hear the smoke report. I've got a few phenos of HBCM in the room... Are you seeing much variation in the phenos, looks and smell wise?
Nope not at all... very slight difference in ripening like days apart maybe all are expressing similar color, bud size and trichome production. Very consistent but I do only have 3 of them going here so I'm not gonna say there may not be some very different phenos that could pop up. There are very slight differences of what I listed but for the most part very uniform and similar in all aspects. I did pitch 3 that seemed to be very light sensitive earlier. Some also expressed some twisted growth that may have been a slightly more sensitive to heat or nutrients. But of the 3 I have left very uniform.

The only vastly differnt pheno I have is from the BFT Seeds and thats a real sativa leaner.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah I've got a pack of phylexs' gear here that I'm almost afraid to run in the room with other plants, its gonna be a real long flowering sativa. I think I'm gonna have to find a few more long flowering strains to run in the room with it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah I've got a pack of phylexs' gear here that I'm almost afraid to run in the room with other plants, its gonna be a real long flowering sativa. I think I'm gonna have to find a few more long flowering strains to run in the room with it.
The bft hasn't expressed much color and a bit more variation in phenos but I kinda like that when looking for a mother. Just presents more options but I also like the fact the the hbcm seems so uniform for the fact you kinda have a good idea of what your getting. The bft does seem to carry a bit more in the trick department but I will reserve judgements until harvest.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm having second thoughts on my next grow. The HBCM although I would say seems to be a smaller yielder is starting to really bring some high hopes. Im considering not doing another mother grow this time and seeing what I can pull off a SOG with her. Starting to Frostburg nicely and the colors and smell are amazing. If she smokes as good as she looks I may just ditch my plans. Every few days she is just looking better and better. Couple weeks left to go.

20200824 150608

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm having second thoughts on my next grow. The HBCM although I would say seems to be a smaller yielder is starting to really bring some high hopes. Im considering not doing another mother grow this time and seeing what I can pull off a SOG with her. Starting to Frostburg nicely and the colors and smell are amazing. If she smokes as good as she looks I may just ditch my plans. Every few days she is just looking better and better. Couple weeks left to go.

View attachment 1020956

Please remind me what HCBM stands for?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think he gifted me some hyper crosses but not the magoo I dont think.

I still havent decided how to do reg seeds in my system though.
I would just double up... you can always toss extra females if need be. Its a shame but I know how you feel. I hate when I run for mothers but after its all clones and life is good. I just feel this is gonna be something special. I have one that is really coloring now and I haven't even dropped my temos yet theybare 83f

FourthCity

FourthCity

Couple weeks left to go.

View attachment 1020956
Are you going for mostly amber trichs? Judging by the 99% red pistols and what appears to be entirely cloudy trichs I'd bet you could harvest in the next week and by the time the buds are dried the trichs would be 50% amber 50% cloudy. If you are going for fully ripe/100% amber I agree, about two more weeks and you'll be there but the sooner you wrap this up the sooner you can start the next round. Think about how big that cola would be if it was in hydro...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Are you going for mostly amber trichs? Judging by the 99% red pistols and what appears to be entirely cloudy trichs I'd bet you could harvest in the next week and by the time the buds are dried the trichs would be 50% amber 50% cloudy. If you are going for fully ripe/100% amber I agree, about two more weeks and you'll be there but the sooner you wrap this up the sooner you can start the next round. Think about how big that cola would be if it was in hydro...
That's one of the uppermost buds. When you really get up close they are mostly clear and just starting to cloud.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I would just double up... you can always toss extra females if need be. Its a shame but I know how you feel. I hate when I run for mothers but after its all clones and life is good. I just feel this is gonna be something special. I have one that is really coloring now and I haven't even dropped my temos yet theybare 83f

Every plant has a space in the flower room. No room for doubles unless i grow half size plants.

I have considered cloning young veg and putting them off to the side in a cup of water in the flower room to show which veg plants are male. I never tried it though.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Every plant has a space in the flower room. No room for doubles unless i grow half size plants.

I have considered cloning young veg and putting them off to the side in a cup of water in the flower room to show which veg plants are male. I never tried it though.
Sounds like a solid plan. Always a pain in the ass to hunt for mothers.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter

View attachment 1020956
Looks fucking deadly brother. Great work. You’ve done a stellar job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom