• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
sure. Like i said this technique is really for dialed clones or an exemplary grower.

The leaves are our protection from mistakes or even pests. Remove them and the flowers are the main target for everything.

Lol that was actually an argument my buddy used trying to convince me of the benefits wrt pests. His claim is that without the leaves he has a far less likely chance to get PM and other pests because most sucking and chewing insects are attracted to foliage, not the sticky flowers.

The protection leaves offer is by being a buffer for folks who dont have their feeding dialed in, but, if you do thats a non issue. The problem lies in the lack of visual cues, without leaves its hard to tell when you are over or under feeding so you really need to know how to read the nutrient solution in the res, the media and the runoff.

And he doesnt feed more after defoliation either, but he does reduce the temperature in the room for a few days after the second strip. He claims the cold temp stress is an important step in recovery from the swazz. Basically he strips at the end of stretch, next day drops temp by 5 degrees celcius for 3 days, and reduces feeding by about 25%. After that, temp and nutes go back up.
He also does a foliar application of silica and mag pro a couple days before the strip. Not sure why, but thats what he does.

Fudge

Fudge

Lol that was actually an argument my buddy used trying to convince me of the benefits wrt pests. His claim is that without the leaves he has a far less likely chance to get PM and other pests because most sucking and chewing insects are attracted to foliage, not the sticky flowers.

The protection leaves offer is by being a buffer for folks who dont have their feeding dialed in, but, if you do thats a non issue. The problem lies in the lack of visual cues, without leaves its hard to tell when you are over or under feeding so you really need to know how to read the nutrient solution in the res, the media and the runoff.

And he doesnt feed more after defoliation either, but he does reduce the temperature in the room for a few days after the second strip. He claims the cold temp stress is an important step in recovery from the swazz. Basically he strips at the end of stretch, next day drops temp by 5 degrees celcius for 3 days, and reduces feeding by about 25%. After that, temp and nutes go back up.
He also does a foliar application of silica and mag pro a couple days before the strip. Not sure why, but thats what he does.
Will try the temp trick this time round, I'm nearly end of stretch now

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

honestly that all sounds like mitigating the damage done by de leafing. Further supporting my quality argument. ;-)

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

One thing green gene mentions about about leaf stripping is that fan leaves lose efficiency as they age, so the first strip right before flower is an opportunity to replace all of your leaves with younger more efficient leaves that grow back very quickly during transition especially in coco or hydro.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
im sorry you linked that. Plenty of growers have got that yield without their made up name and over hyped technique for years before anyone ever heard of those kids.

But without some hype how do you get famous in this industry?

Lol you really are an old stick in the mud arent ya.😜

honestly that all sounds like mitigating the damage done by de leafing. Further supporting my quality argument. ;-)

It is, he says so much himself. But the fact is when they recover they outperform the plants that were never stressed at all. Similar to post traumatic growth in people, which is also a thing that is very real. What doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Lol you really are an old stick in the mud arent ya.😜

It is, he says so much himself. But the fact is when they recover they outperform the plants that were never stressed at all. Similar to post traumatic growth in people, which is also a thing that is very real. What doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

i agree some stress seems to help with potency.

But im not going to help sell those jungle frauds.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

One thing green gene mentions about about leaf stripping is that fan leaves lose efficiency as they age, so the first strip right before flower is an opportunity to replace all of your leaves with younger more efficient leaves that grow back very quickly during transition especially in coco or hydro.

my best plants ever had every leaf intact from sprout. Even the 2 little first leaves. I was nominated potm with a pic of one. Huge potent buds under a full leafy bush of big fan leaves. Not one leaf pulled or died.

Fudge

Fudge

my best plants ever had every leaf intact from sprout. Even the 2 little first leaves. I was nominated potm with a pic of one. Huge potent buds under a full leafy bush of big fan leaves. Not one leaf pulled or died.
But if you had a mother of that plant, and cloned it could you achieve even better following the schwazz?
I'd do a SBS run, but we'd only end up bk here, bk and forth about quality again.
As DB said its impossible to prove over the Internet. A picture says a thousand words, but none of them can tell you the quality or get you high

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

But if you had a mother of that plant, and cloned it could you achieve even better following the schwazz?
I'd do a SBS run, but we'd only end up bk here, bk and forth about quality again.
As DB said its impossible to prove over the Internet. A picture says a thousand words, but none of them can tell you the quality or get you high

if i packed a room with them maybe? But i already tried medium de leafing side by sides with 3 known clones. In my system better results with those sativa leaning hybrids with all their leaves.

however i have had bushier wider leaved plants benefit from some minor de leafing even with space around them.

the last plant in my thread was partially de leafed one or two at a time through the grow. It obviously helped with lower bud development.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Not to take away from your skill as a grower which is profound, but a lot of the end product has to do with genetics. Was that a Ch9 plant?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That video was from Josh Haupt of medicine man technologies, not jungle boys.

Have you ever smoked weed grown by Jungle boyz? Why are they frauds? Genuinely curious as being Canadian i dont know much about them beyond their reputation.

sorry I retract my statement and would delete post if poss. I thought it said 3 a light on the wall which is the name of their silly high priced coffee table book.

And i call them out on every thing thay promote in their video showing all their “special” techniques. They coined “schwazzing” and they claim to ripen all their flowers on the plants still for a couple talking points they use.

It is just my opinion though.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Not to take away from your skill as a grower which is profound, but a lot of the end product has to do with genetics. Was that a Ch9 plant?

That was but i also ran a dinachem and a deadhead og with same results. I was really trying to be impartial. I wanted to know the truth man. :-)

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

The other way I see it benefitting these commercial grows is increasing quality control not really increasing quality. If they go

from 33% tops 33% middles and 33% lowers/larf

to 5% tops 90% middles and 5% lowers/larf

they are still increasing consistency and the total amount of marketable bud.
Just an example, the numbers are made up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom