Aquaman goes COCO. (Mother hunt)

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fudge

Fudge

Oh absolutely. When one realizes what these companies mark-ups are, it's fucking insane. There's money to be had with the right branding, marketing, and product. IDK what y'all have in terms of environmental laws on the other side of the pond, but storing bulk will likely be your biggest hurdle. Here, the EPA would be all over anyone with a warehouse full of chemicals just like they are on top of the little mom and pop mechanic shop down the street.

I can attest to the the price tag for cannabis marketed salts. I paid $150 for 25lb part A and $170 for 25lb part B of front row ag. Their brochure/feed schedule has cannabis silhouettes on it. Not subtle at all. Same volume of megacrop would've cost 1/3, but I was between a rock and hard place at that point due to poor planning.

Don't get me wrong, it's good shit. However, it's expensive good shit.

Back to the point. Buy bulk of AG grade nutes, break em down to consumer volumes, tack 100% markup on the volume, and make $$$$$$
I guarantee , there will be 20 other people thinking the same idea, I'm just hoping to get a piece of the pie early before everyone clicks on. I don't want to be rich, would be nice to be on the forefront of it when ghings hopefully become legal here. I'll hit you up for ur salt recipe one day if that's OK mate.. Anyway 5am here so I'm off. Night guys

I guarantee , there will be 20 other people thinking the same idea, I'm just hoping to get a piece of the pie early before everyone clicks on. I don't want to be rich, would be nice to be on the forefront of it when ghings hopefully become legal here. I'll hit you up for ur salt recipe one day if that's OK mate.. Anyway 5am here so I'm off. Night guys
I've not mixed any in seven or eight years, recipe is long gone man. But what you lined out looks solid. Having a vendor mix it would be ideal, although adds to overhead. Getting rich on it? Nah, ain't gonna happen. Positioning yourself for future ventures? Totally viable. Have a good one, catch some good Zzzz's!

Greenthumbskunk

Greenthumbskunk

Bruh, I bought 50lb total for front row ag's two part. I'm set on nutrients for like a decade at my current scale haha

I got over a 1/2 ton of nutes lying around. Thats in dry format not liquid. Emptied them out in 5 gal buckets with seal tite lids. If not moisture will get to em as the nitrates attracts it and will get rock hard.
My mega that I bought a couple years back did this really quick. I bought their first formula and second one.

I'm not a big fan of mega personally. Had ph issues and did not dissolve very well. Ive bought several items over the years from them. And only used a couple of times and didn't use again. Like sweet candy, bud explosion and their call mag formula.

I like to make a concentrated batch in 5 gal containers that have spigots on em. You know, 15 ml per gal of this, 2 ml of that etc. Their formulas would not dissolve in the hot water very well and the product would separate or fall out of solution in about a days time. The cal mag solution I bought I emptied in a 5 gal container and used hot water and I shook that jug maybe 2-300x over the course of a couple months. Never once dissolved and stayed in solution. And it wasn't like I didn't have enough water I had 2x the amount of water I needed to dissolve it.
Raw Cal mag salts worked fine dissolved well. Ive even made my own using nitrate, epsom and su and it worked well.
In my greenhouse I used mega and it worked fine in soil, in my gorilla grows it didn't because animals would dig up the plants to get to the roots. I think it was from the heavy molasses used in the formula.

Ultra sol hydro works well. Use it a 3 part formula. Master blend is another good one. Also have used grow more a lot. I like jacks the best with its high sulfur content.

PK1

PK1

I got over a 1/2 ton of nutes lying around. Thats in dry format not liquid. Emptied them out in 5 gal buckets with seal tite lids. If not moisture will get to em as the nitrates attracts it and will get rock hard.
My mega that I bought a couple years back did this really quick. I bought their first formula and second one.

I'm not a big fan of mega personally. Had ph issues and did not dissolve very well. Ive bought several items over the years from them. And only used a couple of times and didn't use again. Like sweet candy, bud explosion and their call mag formula.

I like to make a concentrated batch in 5 gal containers that have spigots on em. You know, 15 ml per gal of this, 2 ml of that etc. Their formulas would not dissolve in the hot water very well and the product would separate or fall out of solution in about a days time. The cal mag solution I bought I emptied in a 5 gal container and used hot water and I shook that jug maybe 2-300x over the course of a couple months. Never once dissolved and stayed in solution. And it wasn't like I didn't have enough water I had 2x the amount of water I needed to dissolve it.
Raw Cal mag salts worked fine dissolved well. Ive even made my own using nitrate, epsom and su and it worked well.
In my greenhouse I used mega and it worked fine in soil, in my gorilla grows it didn't because animals would dig up the plants to get to the roots. I think it was from the heavy molasses used in the formula.

Ultra sol hydro works well. Use it a 3 part formula. Master blend is another good one. Also have used grow more a lot. I like jacks the best with its high sulfur content.
the single part of mega takes longer to dissolve but the two part is fine. It dissolves fairly quickly and once dissolved it will be okay for the pumps.

Fudge

Fudge

Should take a look on here mate,
If you're going through that much would be worth mixing your own up

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Staff member
Supporter
Jacks is like 3 cents a gal also. I was actually going to move to that when I seen the 2 part mega crop and decided to try. I have no complaints about the 2 part. Version 1 I really like but needs some tweaking with the cal mag but when using tap water you generally need to add more mag anyhow. It fits the bill for me because its lower in cal and mag than many and my tap add some calcium and I add some mag sulfate.

It all really boils down to source water. What I do is punch the source water into hydro buddy and then punch in the nutrients and adjust to what I want.

This can be done with any fert if you get the breakdown of the nutrients. Mega crop does this in ppm per gal and it just makes it easier for me than breaking shit down into ppm.

Its not quite as simple as use this nutrient when you use tap water. 2 and 3 part dry ferts are much more customizable. And when choosing a fert unless using RO you need to calculate the ppm and makeup of the source water or you could have issues.

I know mega crop v2 and v3 apparently have some sediment but I think it may be due to the chelates used. The other important factor is the amount of organics in them and mega crop does have some. Now if I was running a large system I would probably look to something else but I'm not.

Just some reasons why some may like certain nutrients and other may not. Honestly I usually recommend jacks anytime someone asks what I'm using. It doesn't contain contain the small amount of organics and I'm sure uses different chelates. Mega crop works well for me because I can simply add the ppm makeup of the ferts to the ppm makeup of my water and know exactly where I'm at since the info is given in ppm.

We also have to remember there is a difference in availability and contents and this is why I use hydro buddy

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Staff member
Supporter
Greenthumbskunk

Greenthumbskunk

the single part of mega takes longer to dissolve but the two part is fine. It dissolves fairly quickly and once dissolved it will be okay for the pumps.

Ya I've been wondering if the single part is made by Jacks since it is a copy of their 5-12 formula
Should take a look on here mate,
If you're going through that much would be worth mixing your own up

The link you provided is links to dry fertilizer companies?
If that is what you mean that Is what I already do.

Greenthumbskunk

Greenthumbskunk

Jacks is like 3 cents a gal also. I was actually going to move to that when I seen the 2 part mega crop and decided to try. I have no complaints about the 2 part. Version 1 I really like but needs some tweaking with the cal mag but when using tap water you generally need to add more mag anyhow. It fits the bill for me because its lower in cal and mag than many and my tap add some calcium and I add some mag sulfate.

It all really boils down to source water. What I do is punch the source water into hydro buddy and then punch in the nutrients and adjust to what I want.

This can be done with any fert if you get the breakdown of the nutrients. Mega crop does this in ppm per gal and it just makes it easier for me than breaking shit down into ppm.

Its not quite as simple as use this nutrient when you use tap water. 2 and 3 part dry ferts are much more customizable. And when choosing a fert unless using RO you need to calculate the ppm and makeup of the source water or you could have issues.

I know mega crop v2 and v3 apparently have some sediment but I think it may be due to the chelates used. The other important factor is the amount of organics in them and mega crop does have some. Now if I was running a large system I would probably look to something else but I'm not.

Just some reasons why some may like certain nutrients and other may not. Honestly I usually recommend jacks anytime someone asks what I'm using. It doesn't contain contain the small amount of organics and I'm sure uses different chelates. Mega crop works well for me because I can simply add the ppm makeup of the ferts to the ppm makeup of my water and know exactly where I'm at since the info is given in ppm.

We also have to remember there is a difference in availability and contents and this is why I use hydro buddy

Is the PPM breakdown something like this?

Screenshot_20201225-104921_Drive.jpg

Greenthumbskunk

Greenthumbskunk

For those saying wtf is hydrobuddy... here ya go.

For those wonder about mega crop ppm break down here ya go. Click the menu tab and select the version the add the dosing to tweak the ppm ratios and concentration.

When you first start using dry fertz those calculators and ppm meters are invaluable.

I know some don't like them or PH pens but they can save you thousands of dollars if you got a lot of plants.

Personally I take something like 5 lbs at a time of dry and put it in 5 gal of water in a drum with spigot. I find my ppm that I want and I write it down. For example 10 ml per gal is 350 ppm 15 ml is 525 ppm etc.
I do this for my 15-0-0 as well

To me its so easy when mixing 100-200 gal at a time to just put my ML jug under the spigot and fill it up to how much I want. I always end up spilling salts out everywhere when weighing everytime.
After a little bit your gonna notice stuff rusting or disintegrating from the calcium nitrate that was dribbled out here and their.

Greenthumbskunk

Greenthumbskunk

No open salts tells you how to mix the big companies stuff yourself
I've bought raw salts before to mix Cal Mag myself. Depending on what your mixing up sometimes all u need is some Epsom salt. No calcium nitrate or copper.

Not even gonna attempt it when mixing something like 5-12-26 when their is a bunch more involved than 3 nutrients.

Fudge

Fudge

Top Bottom