Aquaman goes COCO. (Mother hunt)

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Strains will be Greenpoint Cake N Chem and Dragonflames blueberry dragon cheese. Will be popping these likely tomorrow or Sunday

Are you looking for any particular expressions in either of these strains?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Are you looking for any particular expressions in either of these strains?
Not particularly as of now but I need to look into them more. Looking for a nice compact structure with even branching, good yields, nice trich development and good smoke. Structure is going to be important for me since I'm so height limited.

Pondracer

Pondracer

You could but so far nothing for me doing coco in fabric so other than a few leaves I'm not to worried and the condensate pumps are cheap af.

Check valve built in, float switch built in and 20' of lift. All the crap I just spent stupid money on. I am at 20 inches on one table and 22 inches on the other. I built them up so the sump would fit underneath so I would have more room in the tent.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Check valve built in, float switch built in and 20' of lift. All the crap I just spent stupid money on. I am at 20 inches on one table and 22 inches on the other. I built them up so the sump would fit underneath so I would have more room in the tent.
That sucks bro. I was actually thinking of changing out the dinky catch pan for something bigger and more cushion. The one I have is only 120ish GPH I think. But will pump up to a height of 18.5 feet with is really good if ya wanna run the drain hose through the ceiling over to whatever room has a drain

Madmax

Madmax

Count me in ..keen to learn from how you grow.tips and tricks of the trade..

Cheers max..

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
First time coco for me. Also atuofeed and drain I have never used before.

But I'm pumped to be back to some sort of hydro. Looking forward to compare to my growth.
I'm excited to see you back tinkering with shit and not.....trying to get a feel for soil? I mean no offense. Just seems this is closer to your personality.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@Aqua Man you are doing a seed run with various strains again but on a single res and timing schedule?

Does coco even that out more with the constant flush and feed?

I have up to 8 gallons of nute solution mixed (usually just 4 at a time or less) individually for seed plants.

I was trying to do it in pairs and already caused problems this run.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man you are doing a seed run with various strains again but on a single res and timing schedule?

Does coco even that out more with the constant flush and feed?

I have up to 8 gallons of nute solution mixed (usually just 4 at a time or less) individually for seed plants.

I was trying to do it in pairs and already caused problems this run.
Yeah not so bad in coco I would think. But yep 1 res and again trying to balance for all. I dont think in 1 gal pots there is an ideal way to split it up. We will find out how much of an issue if any will be here but I dont anticipate (key word) to many issues with it. Thats gonna depends on the strains and phenos also and I have never grown either.

After this run will be clones and likely 1 stain at a time but u will have a much better idea.

@Dirtbag @cemchris you guys find it much of an issue to balance?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah not so bad in coco I would think. But yep 1 res and again trying to balance for all. I dont think in 1 gal pots there is an ideal way to split it up. We will find out how much of an issue if any will be here but I dont anticipate (key word) to many issues with it. Thats gonna depends on the strains and phenos also and I have never grown either.

After this run will be clones and likely 1 stain at a time but u will have a much better idea.

@Dirtbag @cemchris you guys find it much of an issue to balance?
I had one hell of a time using 1 gal pots yeah. If i was gonna do another seed run for moms id use 3 gals and handwater, or id use proterra. My plants were kinda all over the map in terms of feeding stregth desired and qantity of water consumed.
Only way ill do 1 gals again is with clones of strains i know.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I had one hell of a time using 1 gal pots yeah. If i was gonna do another seed run for moms id use 3 gals and handwater, or id use proterra. My plants were kinda all over the mp in terms of feeding stregth desired and qantity of water consumed.
Haha should be fun then. If need be I will have to make some mods but really rather power through this and get to use the system how I intended with clones.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Do you have the expectation that both strains will require similar nutrient levels? I run five strains at a time but I try to match up that and flowering times roughly. If I have a plant that needs more nutes then I water that plant last and adjust before watering, but in an auto water system I really don't know what I'd do. Maybe set up a separate reservoir for that plant or those plants? It does kind of seem simple to do it that way actually....

But I'm trying for nowhere near the nutrient optimization @MIMedGrower is. No point for me right now as yield is not that important to me as a personal only consumer.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Do you have the expectation that both strains will require similar nutrient levels? I run five strains at a time but I try to match up that and flowering times roughly. If I have a plant that needs more nutes then I water that plant last and adjust before watering, but in an auto water system I really don't know what I'd do. Maybe set up a separate reservoir for that plant or those plants? It does kind of seem simple to do it that way actually....
Yeah very close in flower times. I was thinking dry amendments added to the pots if needed and keeping base nutes the same. I have a lot of individual dry ferts but was thinking maybe some slow release if needed

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Yeah very close in flower times. I was thinking dry amendments added to the pots if needed and keeping base nutes the same. I have a lot of individual dry ferts but was thinking maybe some slow release if needed
Interesting. I have no idea how dry amendments and coco play tbh. I'm just always worried about coco and its pH vs other elements in a mix as they dry since coco behaves so idiosyncratically with water. But I guess if you are keeping it wet all the time then that's how you solve for that?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

But I'm trying for nowhere near the nutrient optimization @MIMedGrower is. No point for me right now as yield is not that important to me as a personal only consumer.

I believe proper nutrient load equals a lot more potency and flavor.

Yield comes as a bonus when plants are fed properly and happy and healthy.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Interesting. I have no idea how dry amendments and coco play tbh. I'm just always worried about coco and its pH vs other elements in a mix as they dry since coco behaves so idiosyncratically with water. But I guess if you are keeping it wet all the time then that's how you solve for that?
Yeah I personally will keep it over 90% saturated at all times. No feed for lights out except maybe in mid late flow if uts drying to much.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I believe proper nutrient load equals a lot more potency and flavor.

Yield comes as a bonus when plants are fed properly and happy and healthy.
I belive you are right. Gonna do my best to balance it but last time it should be an issue for a while. Probably a couple years before I do more mother hunting unless I do it elsewhere or have a buddy do it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom