Aquaman goes COCO. (Mother hunt)

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondracer

Pondracer

Running the nutes low enough you shouldnt have an issue. Just if something is twice as fast as something else you will have a watering issue. There is simple fixes you can use for seed runs like valving the drip lines if it comes to that if you need to increase the irrigation times for the bigger stuff.

This was what I chose to do. Rainbird manifolds with individual line adjustments for that exact reason.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This was what I chose to do. Rainbird manifolds with individual line adjustments for that exact reason.
Yeah these should work for that. Just hoping they don't plug. I'm going back to my aquarium hacks and going to use pokyfill stuffing as a pre-filter to my pump. You can't find a better filter media for polishing water. I will like need to make a filter box if the flow is affected to much but thats super simple.

Only thing is it should be changed every week or 2 but honestly you can't find a better filter media and its pennies compared to anything else

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So when you think you got ripped off because 1 pack only had 2 in it and the others have 5. Then you read the bag and it says qty 2. Lol I'm going back to get more later. Every bag I seen had 5. I'm kinda confused and no I didn't eat a gummie this time.

20201008 164120
mikeross

mikeross

Those types of emitters require a minimum PSI to work/function properly. I know on a larger scale these submersible type of pumps, the cheap ones that pump out high GPH, do not produce enough PSI for these to work.

I don't know if they work better on a smaller scale though. I watched a video of a 5300gph pond pump feeding about 75 plant sites using 360 spray emitters and it was just a small dribble coming out. If you wanna run those types of emitters you need a certain type of pump that creates pressure. The cheap high GPH pumps are great for open 1/4" lines or pressure compensating emitters.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Those types of emitters require a minimum PSI to work/function properly. I know on a larger scale these submersible type of pumps, the cheap ones that pump out high GPH, do not produce enough PSI for these to work.

I don't know if they work better on a smaller scale though. I watched a video of a 5300gph pond pump feeding about 75 plant sites using 360 spray emitters and it was just a small dribble coming out. If you wanna run those types of emitters you need a certain type of pump that creates pressure. The cheap high GPH pumps are great for open 1/4" lines or pressure compensating emitters.
Thanks for the info. I may just need to order a better pump. Gonna test later tonight. Think mine is like 900gph but only 1.6 meter head. Its mag driven impeller so it may be an issue. These need about 20-25psi i think

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thanks for the info. I may just need to order a better pump. Gonna test later tonight. Think mine is like 900gph but only 1.6 meter head. Its mag driven impeller so it may be an issue. These need about 20-25psi i think

Yeah youll probably want a 1/4HP little giant or similar and a pressure regulator on the line between the pump and manifolds.

Any gpm regulated flow emitter is gonna need pressure behind it or theyll all spew different amounts of water, and some might not flow at all.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah youll probably want a 1/4HP little giant or similar and a pressure regulator on the line between the pump and manifolds.

Any gpm regulated flow emitter is gonna need pressure behind it or theyll all spew different amounts of water, and some might not flow at all.
Off to home depot and see what they have after getting the rest of the emmiters.

Terpz719

Terpz719

Yeah not so bad in coco I would think. But yep 1 res and again trying to balance for all. I dont think in 1 gal pots there is an ideal way to split it up. We will find out how much of an issue if any will be here but I dont anticipate (key word) to many issues with it. Thats gonna depends on the strains and phenos also and I have never grown either.

After this run will be clones and likely 1 stain at a time but u will have a much better idea.

@Dirtbag @cemchris you guys find it much of an issue to balance?
I think you're going to love running coco. Good luck with the grow. I'm strapped in. I've run multiple strains three times now in coco DTW, with the same nutes and feed schedule for all. I've been on a strain hunt myself, and haven't been looking to fully dial in anything. It's a Goldilocks thing - some will find the feed lacking, some will find it just right, and for some it'll be too much. even with the nutes sub optimal you'll still get a good enough sense of the stain/pheno to make a decision.

This time is the first time I've run in one gallon pots, wanting to keep the plants small. Well the genetics call those shots. They are all untopped and untrained, since, I wanted see how they grew naturally. Well, they run from 27" tall to 57", and that's in one gallon pots, so I think you'll be fine in one gallon pots.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You sir!!! Were 100% correct! So now I have a choice new pump with regulator. Or run open ended like I was going to.

Problem is im kinda attached to the emmiters now because of how adjustable they are and well not only am I lazy but I'm cheap they cost not much less than the pump I bought. Plus the ability to have 360 spray to evenly water

So I want to run up to 24 of these emmiters if possible. I will probably never use that many more than once or when mother hunting reg beans. Can you recommend a pump size capable of doing so. The system with 24 would require 240GPH AT 25 PSI. I would like some room for play though so thinking about 300-400gph

Anyone?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You sir!!! Were 100% correct! So now I have a choice new pump with regulator. Or run open ended like I was going to.

Problem is im kinda attached to the emmiters now because of how adjustable they are and well not only am I lazy but I'm cheap they cost not much less than the pump I bought. Plus the ability to have 360 spray to evenly water

So I want to run up to 24 of these emmiters if possible. I will probably never use that many more than once or when mother hunting reg beans. Can you recommend a pump size capable of doing so. The system with 24 would require 240GPH AT 25 PSI. I would like some room for play though so thinking about 300-400gph

Anyone?
With a 1/4HP little giant that will be fine. I run an ecopump 1000gph with naked ends and it will do 24 plants. But it wont push water through emitters for even 16 plants, it just doesnt have the pressure. It flows a ton of water but not very hard.. Its like high watts with low amps lol...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Holy crap how did I miss this?

Looking good man!
I would compare it to rocket science like this... let's call it "Challenger".

But I will make this work and I really want those emmiters. Even if it cost me. I'm going to point out for anything thinking of this. The cost increase for a pump to do this vs the cost of $20 drip rings with only 4 plants is likely about the same but if more sites will be way cheaper still.

To add to that... running open ended still will be the cheapest and in 1 gal pots may not be a big deal.

But uts messed up cause all they have done is disappoint me so far and I still love them 😍 im not going to comment on what I would compare them to in that aspect lmao

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

With a 1/4HP little giant that will be fine. I run an ecopump 1000gph with naked ends and it will do 24 plants. But it wont push water through emitters for even 16 plants, it just doesnt have the pressure. It flows a ton of water but not very hard.. Its like high watts with low amps lol...
I cant find a psi rating for those 😔 time for a bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom