Aquaman goes COCO. (Mother hunt)

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man bud i didnt mean to throw a wrench into your plan. I was really curious how you would manage.

:-(
Better to think about and plan than stick your head in the sand and not be prepared. Appreciate the feedback. If needed I can modify for 2 or more res and that doesn't sound like a bad idea anyhow if I choose to run multi strain in the future. Wouldn't take much to add another res, pump, timer and modify the piping. Runoff would stay the same.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Yeah not so bad in coco I would think. But yep 1 res and again trying to balance for all. I dont think in 1 gal pots there is an ideal way to split it up. We will find out how much of an issue if any will be here but I dont anticipate (key word) to many issues with it. Thats gonna depends on the strains and phenos also and I have never grown either.

After this run will be clones and likely 1 stain at a time but u will have a much better idea.

@Dirtbag @cemchris you guys find it much of an issue to balance?

Seed runs can kind of be a bitch when you have stuff on diff ends of the spectrum. Finding the middle ground for everything isnt too hard. Just dont veg them for a long time or you will have a bigger gap potentially between stuff. If you flip them young they will usually even themselves out more. Just be for warned nute picky stuff, like blueberries and sour diesel crosses, can throw a wrench in this. Clones are gtg. Why I usually run seeds in my 630's tent for selection and keep the clones in my rooms.

Running the nutes low enough you shouldnt have an issue. Just if something is twice as fast as something else you will have a watering issue. There is simple fixes you can use for seed runs like valving the drip lines if it comes to that if you need to increase the irrigation times for the bigger stuff.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Seed runs can kind of be a bitch when you have stuff on diff ends of the spectrum. Finding the middle ground for everything isnt too hard. Just dont veg them for a long time or you will have a bigger gap potentially between stuff. If you flip them young they will usually even themselves out more. Just be for warned nute picky stuff, like blueberries and sour diesel crosses, can throw a wrench in this. Clones are gtg. Why I usually run seeds in my 630's tent for selection and keep the clones in my rooms.
Thanks bro makes me feel a bit better. Gonna be an early flip just hope they reach maturity fast enough to do so

Seeds are down as of 12pm. Give em 16 hrs then into the paper towels.

WE ARE OFF!!! Let the cluster fuck begin ๐Ÿคช

Now to finish cleaning up that room and get shit tested ๐Ÿ‘

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I believe proper nutrient load equals a lot more potency and flavor.

Yield comes as a bonus when plants are fed properly and happy and healthy.
I hope you are right! I stunted the absolute shit out of my plants and only started watering like not an asshole in the second half of flower for my first grow, but my weed still has effects that exceed or at least match anything I get at dispensaries in Chicago. I just had a mediocre to low yield.

Maybe it's my imagination or the weed here just sucks that much. Idk. But I hope this grow, which has had much better health so far, will be that much better!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I hope you are right! I stunted the absolute shit out of my plants and only started watering like not an asshole in the second half of flower for my first grow, but my weed still has effects that exceed or at least match anything I get at dispensaries in Chicago. I just had a mediocre to low yield.

Maybe it's my imagination or the weed here just sucks that much. Idk. But I hope this grow, which has had much better health so far, will be that much better!

I still have had very little good stuff from any dispensary i tried. Seems they overfeed hoping for more yield and cut early to maximize profit. And no proper dry and cure except the stuff drying to dust in their display jars.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I still have had very little good stuff from any dispensary i tried. Seems they overfeed hoping for more yield and cut early to maximize profit. And no proper dry and cure except the stuff drying to dust in their display jars.
At least your dispensaries have display jars. In Canada the over-dried early harvested garbage pot is in packaging thats all opaque and sealed, and you arent allowed to open, look at or smell the product before purchase.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

At least your dispensaries have display jars. In Canada the over-dried early harvested garbage pot is in packaging thats all opaque and sealed, and you arent allowed to open, look at or smell the product before purchase.

I think its that way in many states here too.

The dispensary was like a bad weed dealer in high school. You get one decent bag and the next three suck. ;-)

Fudge

Fudge

I run 2 strains on the same res but both are very similar in feeding I also have them separated into 2 sides so I can start flushing one side earlier and I also only feed the base nutes via res and add the extras by hand. Havnt had any issues as of yet apart from one widow locking up, but I think I was lucky I didn't lock the lot up though as I didn't start them on the auto feed at the same time as I got caught up in the middle of the job. And forgot I'd upped the rests ppm

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I run 2 strains on the same res but both are very similar in feeding I also have them separated into 2 sides so I can start flushing one side earlier and I also only feed the base nutes via res and add the extras by hand. Havnt had any issues as of yet apart from one widow locking up, but I think I was lucky I didn't lock the lot up though as I didn't start them on the auto feed at the same time as I got caught up in the middle of the job. And forgot I'd upped the rests ppm
Good to know ๐Ÿ‘

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i think you all are over thinking it,in 1 gal pots,your gonna be feeding so often the amount wont matter the cation exchange will overwelm the plant were a heavy hog will be void.
myself i stick to the ec and ph and roll by stage of life,and as far as dry amends in coco,nope,nope,to much room for era,you will see how much salt builds up if you dont flush them bitchs every time you feed,then add in a dry amend,nope nope
but hey be interesting ,i just wouldnt do it,simply because i live in a not so friendly state and cant take the time or risk to play,i run a run and look over my shoulder doing it,then sit back and when im down to a 1/2 i start another grow.
but ya be interesting

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Better to think about and plan than stick your head in the sand and not be prepared. Appreciate the feedback. If needed I can modify for 2 or more res and that doesn't sound like a bad idea anyhow if I choose to run multi strain in the future. Wouldn't take much to add another res, pump, timer and modify the piping. Runoff would stay the same.
id do it now ,just for a back up if nothing else,hey machines are man made and we screw more shit up,im same way with lights and fans,why not with res and pumps

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

id do it now ,just for a back up if nothing else,hey machines are man made and we screw more shit up,im same way with lights and fans,why not with res and pumps
Yeah if I need ill do it but its super fast and easy.

If my back weren't so dam bad I'm betting it would take about 2 hours to cut and build the table and the entire auto feed and drain system. This build was sooo much faster than building a RDWC system. If you can use a saw and glue some PVC its just so dam easy to do.

I'm also gonna test these out. 360 degree sprayers that have adjustable flow and will do up to 3 feet 360 degree spray. I will adjust so they cover the 1 gals equally.

20201008 144806
20201008 144821
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom