Aquaman goes COCO. (Mother hunt)

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So a day and a half no feeding and pots completely dry. Found this late last night. But think all is ok. They were slumped a little but perking back up and filling back in.

I will go over them today to see if we have anyone showing. The least affected was the gelato as they were smaller but catching up fast now.

20201110 111916
Fudge

Fudge

sorry for the intrusion , just Ive Got a nice rep from Royal Queen Seeds taking a look over my stuff, hopefully likes what they see and ill have some nice new genetics gifted to me to grow soon. just if your not busy, take a look at my latest thread , maybe like a post or 2 just to show theres decent numbers viewing my stuff.
Thanks @Aqua Man and anyone who cares to take a peek

amekins

amekins

Lol, drinking and growing definitely do not mix. I dont think I mentioned it, but i was also intoxicated when i accidentaly unplugged my exhaust fan and killed my last crop.🍻
There’s at least 200 reasons (and 5 emergency room visits) I can give why weed is preferred over alcohol for me. So for the most part, I don’t drink. I’m pretty sure I’d collapse/fall into the tent, breaking the light, tent and plants all in one spastic move. (Butting back out now.)

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
There’s at least 200 reasons (and at least 5 emergency room visits) I can give that weed is preferred over alcohol for me. So for the most part, I don’t. I’m pretty sure I’d collapse/fall into the tent, breaking the light, tent and plants all in one spastic move. (Butting back out now.)
Yeesh. Yeah me and booze have a bit of a tense relationship. Now i can drink socially, but my tolerance is down dramatically and i only drink with friends. Being a lightweight and not worrying about having too much and embarrassing myself is actually really nice.

And yes, pot is a much more effective gardening booster than alcohol in my experience too lol.

amekins

amekins

There’s at least 200 reasons (and 5 emergency room visits) I can give why weed is preferred over alcohol for me. So for the most part, I don’t drink. I’m pretty sure I’d collapse/fall into the tent, breaking the light, tent and plants all in one spastic move. (Butting back out now.)
This just gave me a stellar argument for why the tent and growing are good—it keeps me away from alcohol (which makes kiddo very happy).

beluga

beluga

Yeesh. Yeah me and booze have a bit of a tense relationship. Now i can drink socially, but my tolerance is down dramatically and i only drink with friends. Being a lightweight and not worrying about having too much and embarrassing myself is actually really nice.

And yes, pot is a much more effective gardening booster than alcohol in my experience too lol.
I don't encourage anyone to take anything, but
Man, tending your cultivation projects on mushrooms is 😍😍🤩🤩
I swear I'm beaming my personal life force into their makeup and actively boosting their growth.

Vesti Bule

Vesti Bule

Yea, geez, booze is complicated - over the last couple of decades it was a kind of default "mainstay" through a few rough times, but looking back it didn't improve a damn thing. Finally got to the point where it just wasn't any relief at all until a good half-bottle into the evening (or afternoon...), and those amounts are just not sustainable. I made "moonshine" for a few years, which was also a satisfyingly transgressive hobby, but no one with a proclivity for alcohol needs ten gallons of 150+ proof apple brandy lining one wall of their living room.

Weed, on the other hand, has been transformative; to say it saved my life would be overly dramatic, but it certainly steered a course away from the long term consequences of booze.

I'll take my Dynavap and a gram or two of nice flower over alcohol any day.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Yea, geez, booze is complicated - over the last couple of decades it was a kind of default "mainstay" through a few rough times, but looking back it didn't improve a damn thing. Finally got to the point where it just wasn't any relief at all until a good half-bottle into the evening (or afternoon...), and those amounts are just not sustainable. I made "moonshine" for a few years, which was also a satisfyingly transgressive hobby, but no one with a proclivity for alcohol needs ten gallons of 150+ proof apple brandy lining one wall of their living room.

Weed, on the other hand, has been transformative; to say it saved my life would be overly dramatic, but it certainly steered a course away from the long term consequences of booze.

I'll take my Dynavap and a gram or two of nice flower over alcohol any day.
My cholesterol dropped over 100 points (exactly in half), and my liver enzymes dropped by a third.

Eliminating alcohol from my mood modulation toolbox may not have saved my life, but I'm sure as hell healthier now. And i was only putting away like half a liter a night usually.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

We have an unruly mess again. Tomorrow the new snips come and we are gonna do some housekeeping. Some of these have to go. Gonna cut all new clones.

Also I fucking hate rapid rooter. But gonna flip em over and make my own hole or make one beside the ones provided. I make small clones and the holes are to fam big and a pita to try to keep tight against the stem. I consider this THE MOST important factor to succeed in cloning. If you can do this part you almost always succeed. I thought the rapids came with IBA but now not sure and not even gonna look. I'm going to go back to peat with promix IBA 80/80 temp/humidity and 95%+ success rates unless this hack works. I can accept that this is likely the reason for my failure being 25% rooting is the difficulty getting small cuttings to have media tight to the stem.

As promised this is a cluster fuck and I may do some not so good things in here to make it work.

Some of the cake n chem is lanky af and won't fit my grow style of SOG even discounting the massive debacle. So those may go here in the next few days. Which kinda sucks cause I was looking a bit for more wedding cake pheno. I will keep a mother of it though as if I even go back to scrog it would be perfect.

The DC and BDC are looking like structures that will aid to my SOG attempt and are very nice and uniform.

Gelato also looking nice for SOG and seems to be a trooper so far looking the nicest of the bunch but thats likely due to the late start and they missed some of the bullshit lol.

So pic of the mess... overall plants are relatively healthy but need some space and some adjustments after to fit their needs.

Oh how I know flowering is gonna be such a pita this grow. But after a few weeks I can tell coco is the place for me. Growth is great, easy af to look after for my back and while it costs a bit more I feel I will settle here and explore some coco options.

Anyhow pic. Kinda shameful but I'm not one to only post the good. Its a mess and its in large part from poor planning, lack of patience and a little neglect.

20201114 132044
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Oh and yes the mother in thw back needs watered badly as I have feed that one and been busy.

Also picked up happy frog for the moms to make it easier. If you see the straws that coco produces a soil mother will be easier to clone.

Anyone know how the bug factor is on this stuff? I'll bake that shit in the oven if needed.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah man rapid rooter holes are too big for sure. I always poke a new hole beside the one it comes with using a wooden skewer.
And they come precharged with GH rapid start iirc.
I would get bad root rates like 60-70% with the prrmade hole, but normally 100% or close to it by making a new hole. Youre right, slight pressure against the stem and a nice tight fit is everything.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah man rapid rooter holes are too big for sure. I always poke a new hole beside the one it comes with using a wooden skewer.
And they come precharged with GH rapid start iirc.
I would get bad root rates like 60-70% with the prrmade hole, but normally 100% or close to it by making a new hole. Youre right, slight pressure against the stem and a nice tight fit is everything.
Good to hear cause I have like 200 rapid rooter left.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Have you got a tray for them? That made them so much more user friendly for me. I can take a whole tray of cuts and flip it upside down if i wanted to and they all stay put lol. I like that aspect about them the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom