Aquaman goes COCO. (Mother hunt)

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yes, nurture vs nature or put in more exact terms Environmental factors vs Genetics.

If the genetics are capable of certain expressions under variable conditions, then if those trait's that can be identified and enhanced by means of altering environmental factors. That's how we get strain's that won't proliferate in other micro environments, (ie. microhabitat) or at minimum, won't "thrive" outside of those very specific and narrow parameters.

These are responsible for most of our "fantastic" cultivars to date. Extra "genes" have been replicated over several generations, that only show themselves when certain environmental criteria are met, or exceeded.

I got 2 lights coming
Arriving Nov 3 - Nov 6
Track package

AgroMax 4 Foot (45.75") Pure UV T5 Fluorescent Grow Light Bulb

Sold by: HTGSupply

$27.95

Condition: New

I don't know what credit card was on file with amazon, but it apparently had money in it, so I bought 2 of them, is that going to be enough?

I'm looking at how to build this light setup I"m putting together, and perhaps integrate a few of these into the frame w/separate switches. I've still got over 900 LM301H/660 Osram diodes sitting in the packages. (5) 8 foot aluminum angle frame, 100 heatsyncs, cooling paste, 16 ga solid wire, molex connectors, and some power supplies. Need to get busy on doing this. 3rd light. Was thinking about making it long and skinny, so I can put it behind my couch, in the living room. Something like 20-24 inches wide, and 8 foot long.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes, nurture vs nature or put in more exact terms Environmental factors vs Genetics.

If the genetics are capable of certain expressions under variable conditions, then if those trait's that can be identified and enhanced by means of altering environmental factors. That's how we get strain's that won't proliferate in other micro environments, (ie. microhabitat) or at minimum, won't "thrive" outside of those very specific and narrow parameters.

These are responsible for most of our "fantastic" cultivars to date. Extra "genes" have been replicated over several generations, that only show themselves when certain environmental criteria are met, or exceeded.

I got 2 lights coming
Arriving Nov 3 - Nov 6
Track package

AgroMax 4 Foot (45.75") Pure UV T5 Fluorescent Grow Light Bulb

Sold by: HTGSupply

$27.95

Condition: New

I don't know what credit card was on file with amazon, but it apparently had money in it, so I bought 2 of them, is that going to be enough?

I'm looking at how to build this light setup I"m putting together, and perhaps integrate a few of these into the frame w/separate switches. I've still got over 900 LM301H/660 Osram diodes sitting in the packages. (5) 8 foot aluminum angle frame, 100 heatsyncs, cooling paste, 16 ga solid wire, molex connectors, and some power supplies. Need to get busy on doing this. 3rd light. Was thinking about making it long and skinny, so I can put it behind my couch, in the living room. Something like 20-24 inches wide, and 8 foot long.

You have these new lights in your living room with you? What about eye protection? How do you not look into them?

amekins

amekins

Feesing bumped to 2 times per day. 15 sec per event.

This system is so dam grower friendly. I dont have to water, I don't have to get rid of runoff, I don't have to empty the dehumidifier... just mix a batch of nutes here and there and after one res I have that figured and takes me like 5-10 min to fill and mix.

I think coco in this system is about as easy as it gets. If inadded a dosing system and top offs i feel like I could plant, prune and harvest and thats it.

So unbelievably impressed with it. Thanks @Dirtbag and @cemchris For pushing me and my rubber arm here.

I still feel doing organic in this setup will be easy also.
I think if you understand what plants need and how, coco is probably very easy. Without that or a great tailored feeding schedule, it would be a crapshoot.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I think if you understand what plants need and how, coco is probably very easy. Without that or a great tailored feeding schedule, it would be a crapshoot.
I think coco just really likes frequent, consistent waterings. Mine are up to 3 fertigations a day now.
My hunch is the plants also really like the regularity of being watered at the same times every day with the same ppm feed

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I have a question @Aqua Man

When my rez is almost empty, let's say it's covering the pump by 1"...It pumps less volume than when the res is full which would be more like 12 to 14"
Is this just an undersized pump issue? Or will the weight of all that water effect any pump? I suspect its the former because I'm using cheapo aquarium pumps...?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
If you can run a hydro grow, you can do this imo. It looks much easier honestly.

I don't think anybody really understands what plants need. I think a lot of gardeners have a guess they start with, but more than anything it's about experience with observing the plants and making tweaks.

This is why I no bullshit think pot makes a person better at growing it....it's just easier to pay attention to the zillion details and get a sense for things (literally use senses). That and a bunch of documentation will make someone learn much faster than reading stuff, even on here.

Like idk how to explain to someone the way a leaf feels between my fingers and on the back of my palm when it's had too much nitrogen vs when it's having another root level issue, but I know in my brain.

Last edited:
amekins

amekins

If you can run a hydro grow, you can do this imo. It looks much easier honestly.

I don't think anybody really understands what plants need. I think a lot of gardeners have a guess they start with, but more than anything it's about experience with observing the plants and making tweaks.

This is why I no bullshit think pot makes a person better at growing it....it's just easier to pay attention to the zillion details and get a sense for things (literally use senses). That and a bunch of documentation will make someone learn much faster than reading stuff, even on here.
I agree and have more to say on this after my doc appointment. I’ve never grown in a hydro setup (pretty sure @Aqua Man has and so he finds this easy). To me, soil only ever, only ever had one garden (this year), and being obsessive about being the perfect parent (it’s impossible, I know), it’s very appealing but intimidating. I’m still trying to figure out when to water when it’s not a fabric pot outdoors in summer. 😊

amekins

amekins

Like idk how to explain to someone the way a leaf feels between my fingers and on the back of my palm when it's had too much nitrogen vs when it's having another root level issue, but I know in my brain.
Mood:

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have a question @Aqua Man

When my rez is almost empty, let's say it's covering the pump by 1"...It pumps less volume than when the res is full which would be more like 12 to 14"
Is this just an undersized pump issue? Or will the weight of all that water effect any pump? I suspect its the former because I'm using cheapo aquarium pumps...?
The weight of the water will act as a booster for things like pond pumps. Of course the position of the pump also plays a role. Basically you are reducing head pressure from the weight of the water

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
The weight of the water will act as a booster for things like pond pumps. Of course the position of the pump also plays a role. Basically you are reducing head pressure from the weight of the water
Thanks! It's creating a challenge if I have to let it get that low (which I can't always control) where the plants receive significantly less water in those last few days. Last week was too close for comfort 🤔 I may need a stronger pump idk.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks! It's creating a challenge if I have to let it get that low (which I can't always control) where the plants receive significantly less water in those last few days. Last week was too close for comfort 🤔 I may need a stronger pump idk.
Type of pump can eliminate it. The diaphram pump i have is the same no matter the amount of water but costs a bit more and creates quite a bit of pressure. How many sites do you have? If you can place the pump just below the delivery height it may help a bit. With pond pumps they can siphon so I wouldn't put it above the delivery site without adding something that would break the siphon.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Inspired by another thread.

Root tips growing through the bags pic1

Myco pic 2.
2020 10 28 14 12 15
2020 10 28 14 22 26

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Type of pump can eliminate it. The diaphram pump i have is the same no matter the amount of water but costs a bit more and creates quite a bit of pressure. How many sites do you have? If you can place the pump just below the delivery height it may help a bit. With pond pumps they can siphon so I wouldn't put it above the delivery site without adding something that would break the siphon.
I have 8 possible sites but 4 are currently turned off. I have the siphon break already in place. I'm probably going to try the bigger pump I use for my tent that's 5 feet off the ground. If that works better I will just buy another. I saw the vid of your pump and the noise level is just completely unacceptable for my situation though. 😔

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have 8 possible sites but 4 are currently turned off. I have the siphon break already in place. I'm probably going to try the bigger pump I use for my tent that's 5 feet off the ground. If that works better I will just buy another. I saw the vid of your pump and the noise level is just completely unacceptable for my situation though. 😔
Yeah diaphram pumps are loud. For 30 sec a day I'm ok with it and its in a sealed insulated room so I don't hear it unless I'm just outside it.

sportyridr

sportyridr

ur from onterrible too? i'm from onterrible as well...we're neighbor's with @Aqua Man lol

<----- This guy is Canadian from Onterrible. You guys maybe can figure where exactly I'm from in Ontario if you listen to the Tragically Hip. Been in the US for 30 years.

Here is a nice fall pic a friend just took near downtown :)

Bridgenlocks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom