Aquaman goes COCO. (Mother hunt)

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I think what
You know lately I've been reading about dab extraction I usually use butane name brand, pure,, but I've been reading that propane is being used it's got a higher boiling point and supposed to bring out flavors of little better and I also read that they're using a 70% butane to a 30% propane and the results are quite good! with a higher boiling point you have more pressure with propane then you do butane + 12 cans of butane is $49 which really doesn't set well with disability fixed income ! I don't really enjoy smoking dab by itself but I Infuse it back into my hash which makes my already good hash into Super Hash ! 4 some reason the Buzz I get off of pure dab is kind of a unfavorable sketchy High. I have had some vaporized dab in one of those pens , it wasn't too bad but I think most of those e-cigarette vaporizers have been mixed with vegetable oil so it's not pure dab! Those money grubbers would never make their money if they sold do you pure dab for those prices. Not to mention I don't trust them they put Vitamin E oil or other chemicals into it then it could seriously hurt you or I Barry. That's why I'm asking about propane I don't know how safe it is but from what I was reading it's one of the number one solvent extraction and I don't know if the propane they're using is the kind you using your BBQ
I think what there mostly using is vegetable glycerin, (not vegtable oil) also referred to as Glycerol. Which is one of the primary ingredients in pure crop one, I suspect. (although, it's listed as a inert ingredient) It's also the main ingredient in any type of vape product, that and propylene glycol. (which is a whole different story) Overall, I think if your going to use an adulterant for making THC more fluid, vegetable glycerin is the best option. It's also the best option for cleaning the plant, and keeping it healthy, during the flowering period, as it's a natural plant extract found in cellular walls.

I try to avoid any types of contaminates as much as anyone, but vegetable glycerin is a pretty amazing tool for many uses within the cannabis industry.

also, glycerol affects root development though regulation of various pathways, it preserves and insulates plant leaves, and enhances their thermoregulation functions, fungus will "slide" off of it (when applied to plant leaves), so it helps protect against PM, and can be extremely effective in the treatment of mites.

C3H8O3
glycerin is a pretty amazing organic molecule in my eyes.
Glycerol is a precursor for synthesis of triacylglycerols and of phospholipids.
Other names
Glycerin
Glycerine
Propanetriol
1,2,3-Trihydroxypropane
1,2,3-Propanetriol

IMG 20201127 192228
1920px Glycerin Skelett
Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah they use to sell 4 packs of hlg 65s they were cheap af too. Think you could run em up to like 80w or something

i think i would like 8 of these in the 4x8 gorilla shorty.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
think you can get 100w board about a foot above the canopy. 65 watts?
So do you guys actually think this strategy will work? I've got all these damn strips I've got sitting around, and I haven't made anything yet. Should I spread them out far, and dial them down tight on the plants?

I think 10 of the strips are as follows, 76 watt each
58 Samsung lm301b LEDs in 2700k
16 Samsung lm301h LEDs in 4000k
16 Samsung lm301b LEDs in 6500k
4 - 660nm Deep Red LEDs
2 - 730nm Far Red(IR) LEDs

Then the other 10, I believe are this:
96 diode 2700K samsung lm301h 75 watt each.

So I was thinking like a latter type structure. The lights are like 1 1/4 inch wide and 16 inches long. I've got the aluminum angles 8 foot long, heatsinks, wires, powersupplies, self tapping screws, heatsink glue, 16 ga solid core wire and molex connectors.

Any idea's or tips on configuration?

IMG 20201127 2004291
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

~$1.20/watt.
But that's with a Cadillac frame... I'd bet you could easily get it <$1/watt.
This is USD as well... I know you guys pay a lot more up there...
Wow 5x cheaper than that diablo. What diodes? Bridgelux? I would prefer osram or Samsung if can be

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So do you guys actually think this strategy will work? I've got all these damn strips I've got sitting around, and I haven't made anything yet. Should I spread them out far, and dial them down tight on the plants?

I think 10 of the strips are as follows, 76 watt each
58 Samsung lm301b LEDs in 2700k
16 Samsung lm301h LEDs in 4000k
16 Samsung lm301b LEDs in 6500k
4 - 660nm Deep Red LEDs
2 - 730nm Far Red(IR) LEDs

Then the other 10, I believe are this:
96 diode 2700K samsung lm301h 75 watt each.

So I was thinking like a latter type structure. The lights are like 1 1/4 inch wide and 16 inches long. I've got the aluminum angles 8 foot long, heatsinks, wires, powersupplies, self tapping screws, heatsink glue, 16 ga solid core wire and molex connectors.

Any idea's or tips on configuration?
@beluga is the man for that.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I wouldn't mind making it maybe long and thin, that way, I could just pull my sofa back, (space is a premium here) and hang it behind it, and grow one small long row of autoflowers back there.

I could even build a table for them, if I wanted to do that later, or whatever. I think it would be an efficient way to do it. Both other set's of lights I have are way high powered, so it's not like I need to do anything for those setups.

The other thing would be to make little setups, that could be hung just on their own, like maybe a couple of 3 or 4 foot panels. Any suggestions are certainly welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom