Aquaman goes COCO. (Mother hunt)

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
This is where I'm really not sure about legitimacy... or the specifics to soldering a strip... and why I'm adamant about buying from a reputable place like Digi-Key.
Some red flags - They crossed out the specs on the product label. China-made. No series or model number... I can't, for the life of me, find anything labeled Sun Board M3.... They also state 30mm x 400mm on the label but on the strip they printed 400x300... odd... but, China-made. They're damn good at replicating product labels, but they definitely make oversights like that. Also haven't seen a PC board that's 400mm
So, that's just my skepticism.
Now, looking at the product for its pricepoint and what they give you in the description, I throw up another red flag right away...

So, right off the bat, they're misrepresenting the product by listing its max output... like what would burn them up in no time...
But they do make mention of their efficient rating...
In reality, you're looking at about 33 - 35 watts. (1.4A • 24V = 33.6W)
So, you could run 8 of those puppies and get a nice 2' x 4' spread. Although... 400mm is only 15.74"... would probably still suffice.
But for $184 for just the strips...

I don't want to be a dark cloud on this, and I might be wrong and not seeing something. But I'm dubious.

Yea, that's why I went with 3 different vendors with all 3 different lights, but I have to say, I'm impressed with all of them. I think there what they say they are, and your right there throwing out "theoretical" numbers out there, that would burn it up in a year to two, that's why I'm doing the build myself. I figured 35 watts per strip, was my idea, but they could be pushed to 50 pretty safely, with sufficient cooling, I suspect and still last a good long time. The cost, might not be a big savings, but I'm learning something, and getting to configure them myself. But yes, the idea was to spread them out and try and maximize the amount of penetration I can achieve.

The source is pretty much guaranteed. I've never had a problem with ebay, I'm satisfied that the product is legit, although it does appear they were sourced though China. Anyhow, I'll know the difference from the lights I've got when they get fired up, because they can't fake the intensity of the Samsung product lines, it's simply that good, those diodes would have to be double that size, and take 50% more energy, just to come close.

Oldman13

Oldman13

I definitely agree with you about the heat situation that's for sure a few degrees one way or the other makes three worlds difference at times I seen if you have a heat problem myself and now something new is popped up in my veggie room maybe I can get somebody's opinion here
View attachment 1061527
[/ yes I'm not a happy camper right now those are my Northern Lights Number 5 crossed with Haze AKA Ginger:-( :-( :-( I may wind up re cloning her but I'm going to try to see if I can save them first I also have the same thing happening to a howling Diablo plant right next them sadly to say but at the moment I got to get them some water I just watered them 2 days ago but last night they seemed dryer than they should have been so I gave gave them about 1/2 gallon Maybe but now it is completely dry 4 some reason generally about every 3 to 4 days I give them a gallon of water depending on their size but because of T5 candy penetration I have been keeping these plan at two to two and a half feet tall and due to the heat index in the bud room my Perpetual grow has slowed down have not been able 2 bud as many as I usually do at a time so I've been having to deal with quite small not so tight buds although the potency is still there I mean it's not like you have to have a 3-foot bud kolo's in order to get a buzz. I think most people that have to have ginormous buds what's no if ands or buts about it, would be medical card caretakers or they're selling their smoke and nobody wants to buy there because good ol' Boondocks Charlie out in the Sticks has 2 lb buds the size of corn cobs coming out of his ears period. But he neglects to tell them it's been genetically modified and sees this plant's Radioactive spinach juice amongst many other things you don't want to know about ,,, , kamma get your GMO Mary Jane right here and the Backwoods... And you if you don't know who Boondocks Charlie is turn the lights out at night or put them in a dark room and he will be the one with the glowing Green lungs! But he makes perfect night light or Lantern to light your way on those foggy moonless nights! It's not the size that counts, it's the genetics that makes all the difference!. That is unless you have customers... I have seen people by the crappiest pot because the buds are so big you could trip over ! And sitting right next to the buds they chose was probably the best herb they ever smoke in their lives but it just didn't make their nipples hard.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

You know lately I've been reading about dab extraction I usually use butane name brand, pure,, but I've been reading that propane is being used it's got a higher boiling point and supposed to bring out flavors of little better and I also read that they're using a 70% butane to a 30% propane and the results are quite good! with a higher boiling point you have more pressure with propane then you do butane + 12 cans of butane is $49 which really doesn't set well with disability fixed income ! I don't really enjoy smoking dab by itself but I Infuse it back into my hash which makes my already good hash into Super Hash ! 4 some reason the Buzz I get off of pure dab is kind of a unfavorable sketchy High. I have had some vaporized dab in one of those pens , it wasn't too bad but I think most of those e-cigarette vaporizers have been mixed with vegetable oil so it's not pure dab! Those money grubbers would never make their money if they sold do you pure dab for those prices. Not to mention I don't trust them they put Vitamin E oil or other chemicals into it then it could seriously hurt you or I Barry. That's why I'm asking about propane I don't know how safe it is but from what I was reading it's one of the number one solvent extraction and I don't know if the propane they're using is the kind you using your BBQ

The store bought propane has that nasty smell added to so you can detect leaks. I certainly hope thats not what they are using.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
The store bought propane has that nasty smell added to so you can detect leaks. I certainly hope thats not what they are using.

Lol, mercaptan. A friend of mine had ounces of oil one time that one of her friends had made for her and it was tainted with that shit from using cheap butane. I wonder what ever happened to that stuff lol.

beluga

beluga

Well, shit. I got two 120 gallon tanks.. just recently filled.
Could start myself a little lemonade stand.
🍋💩🤢

I'm not usually a concentrate guy, but I do like to have the vape pen from time to time... CO2 seems very appealing, indeed...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm also gonna have to boost my nutrients a shit ton... the runoff is almost depleted. Im at 850ppm feed 6 times a day (every 2 hrs) during lights on. Im thinking because of the long veg time to sex was the cause. They are in 1 gal and I feel like I may have to hit about 1200ppm ( yikes ) to keep them happy in flower because of the small pots. Or feed every hr which would likely be better. 12x a day .... insane.

Madmax

Madmax

I'm also gonna have to boost my nutrients a shit ton... the runoff is almost depleted. Im at 850ppm feed 6 times a day (every 2 hrs) during lights on. Im thinking because of the long veg time to sex was the cause. They are in 1 gal and I feel like I may have to hit about 1200ppm ( yikes ) to keep them happy in flower because of the small pots. Or feed every hr which would likely be better. 12x a day .... insane.
What would b the actual amount of water they getting per day..gee they wouldnt have much coco to hold the water etc.roots would b tightly compacted .would you use less water feed if you go up to 2 gal.spose they could uptake more as more coco would give them more of a chance to uptake more .im amazed they are getting 12 feeds..do you have to half it because of the frequency etc.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What would b the actual amount of water they getting per day..gee they wouldnt have much coco to hold the water etc.roots would b tightly compacted .would you use less water feed if you go up to 2 gal.spose they could uptake more as more coco would give them more of a chance to uptake more .im amazed they are getting 12 feeds..do you have to half it because of the frequency etc.
At this point im sure they are drinking close to a half a gal a day each maybe 3/4

20 gal res is lasting me 2 days and the runoff is like 400ppm... so I need to prob spit the difference and increase ppm and feeding events

Madmax

Madmax

Im with ya..maybe i should increase to 2 waters a day.uno through veg ppm out was waay under i upped it 200ppm and all of a sudden i got a little tip burn and runoff ppm went up..and from about 2 weeks since bud onset it rises over what im giving them (800ppm) ive reduced it to 750 and runoff on one goes up to 300 over..and im getting over 30% runoff + .like they ars telling me we dont want that much,but was thinking if i done 2 feeds maybe it could bring it down....say im watering at 8pm lights just come on would it b okay to water again at 2am.as i cant water them again say at 4 or 6am 2hrs befrore light off (8am)..

You going interlaken or sea fishing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom