Aquaman goes COCO. (Mother hunt)

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fudge

Fudge

With SOG especially I'd want each plant to be one main dominant apical branch loaded with buds top to bottom, and pack them in tight. I can see that being extremely difficult to achieve with clones from a monster cropped plant as it can take several generations to revert back to its normal growth characteristics.

I dont mean to poo poo the idea, but thats something to consider. The gnarly bush you get from monster cropping wouldnt lend itself to SOG very well i dont think.
That's exactly what mine is, a monster cropped sog

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

With SOG especially I'd want each plant to be one main dominant apical branch loaded with buds top to bottom, and pack them in tight. I can see that being extremely difficult to achieve with clones from a monster cropped plant as it can take several generations to revert back to its normal growth characteristics.

I dont mean to poo poo the idea, but thats something to consider. The gnarly bush you get from monster cropping wouldnt lend itself to SOG very well i dont think.
Thanks for the input.... always better to be prepared and have as much info as possible. Poo poo away it helps me think. By the sounds of it I would agree.

Thoughts on the mother of a master crop... taking clones of it after its fully revegged ?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Those clones look great! I've seen people re-veg but taking clones off plants that well into flower and it going so well is awesome
Thanks cloning in veg is easy and as it turns out so is flower. All aboit environment, moisture of the media and a tight fit to the stem.

80RH/80f.

Media moist/damp not soaking wet and a tight fit to the stem. Dam near 100% success everytime

Fudge

Fudge

I must say though it was a big job to shape them right and I defo don't have the same long tight colas I could have had but size and yield/quality all top notch

Fudge

Fudge

Yeah that puts me off right away. I'm doing sog to reduce training needs mainly.
Im defo thinking your idea of just keeping a monster cropped mother, to then take many clones from is better for you,would also save on space if you can just mother your keeper instead of every one..

the amount of waste branches i had was nuts, but I just let them veg, then go in crazy with the pruning shears in one afternoon, scrog them and flip. Im a lazy git most of the time and try to cheat as much as poss, which is why i gave up training them from the get go, and just leave till theyre a ball and do it all in one go.

Fudge

Fudge

Yeah that puts me off right away. I'm doing sog to reduce training needs mainly.
Not that bad lol
IMG 20201031 162046
IMG 20201101 234212
IMG 20201021 173059

Fudge

Fudge

If youve got the game to try, you can also try scrogging, the term was stolen by sog by using a net with it, but the original term was used for weaving the branches into the netting until its covered like ivy,would need no pruning just spreading the thick out into the net entirely even and let it flower, but thats an entire other thread for another day haha

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If youve got the game to try, you can also try scrogging, the term was stolen by sog by using a net with it, but the original term was used for weaving the branches into the netting until its covered like ivy,would need no pruning just spreading the thick out into the net entirely even and let it flower, but thats an entire other thread for another day haha
Yeah I used to scrog in my hydro.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thanks for the input.... always better to be prepared and have as much info as possible. Poo poo away it helps me think. By the sounds of it I would agree.

Thoughts on the mother of a master crop... taking clones of it after its fully revegged ?

I found it took a few generations for the resulting clones to grow true to their original structure. For at least a couple generations after the monster cropping, any clones taken also cranked out gnarly branching. It was so bad on my Williams wonder the entire crop turned out popcorn sized snicklefritz if you didnt prune a couple times a week up till mid flower.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I found it took a few generations for the resulting clones to grow true to their original structure. For at least a couple generations after the monster cropping, any clones taken also cranked out gnarly branching. It was so bad on my Williams wonder the entire crop turned out popcorn sized snicklefritz if you didnt prune a couple times a week up till mid flower.
Gah ok good to know.. thanks for that info. So be it I will keep these around as long as it takes. This plants structure is heaven to me so as long as the end product is solid its going to be a keeper. So easy going and nice branching buds are stacking very well. So if the product is good then the pita is worth it.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Gah ok good to know.. thanks for that info. So be it I will keep these around as long as it takes. This plants structure is heaven to me so as long as the end product is solid its going to be a keeper. So easy going and nice branching buds are stacking very well. So if the product is good then the pita is worth it.

Totally. And it will go back to normal eventually. Took my Platinum cookies about 3 crops. 2 were wild and branchy, and by the 3rd it was looking like itself again.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Totally. And it will go back to normal eventually. Took my Platinum cookies about 3 crops. 2 were wild and branchy, and by the 3rd it was looking like itself again.
Sweet... I do have one from veg that took some cat damage since it was before I added the tent to my room for moms and clones. I just wanted to make absolutely sure I had this cut because if the end product turns out then its definitely a keeper for me. I can already smell some funky cheese. My wife came into the room this morning and even commented on the smell. Saying it smells like rotten cheese lol. Its that plant over powering everything. I'm just hoping it pops some colors near then end and I will be through the moon if it does and smokes well.

This was a big surprise to me how much I like this plant.... I was expecting cake n chem and gelato to be the sole standouts. Grow is not done by far but this plant is giving me a lot of hope.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Can anyone think of a reason not to just take clones in early flower if all i am cloning for is to keep the genetics for pollen chucking experiments?
None at all. Its how i select females from my outdoor plants in the summer. I usually have way to many plants to take cuts of everything before theyre sexed, so ill wait until i have preflowers showing before taking clones.
The sooner you take the clones in flower the less of a branchy mess you end up with.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sweet... I do have one from veg that took some cat damage since it was before I added the tent to my room for moms and clones. I just wanted to make absolutely sure I had this cut because if the end product turns out then its definitely a keeper for me. I can already smell some funky cheese. My wife came into the room this morning and even commented on the smell. Saying it smells like rotten cheese lol. Its that plant over powering everything. I'm just hoping it pops some colors near then end and I will be through the moon if it does and smokes well.

This was a big surprise to me how much I like this plant.... I was expecting cake n chem and gelato to be the sole standouts. Grow is not done by far but this plant is giving me a lot of hope.

I really REALLY liked one of the dragon cheese phenos i had. Wish i still had it. I like DFG's gear for sure
Jeff said he was gonna send me a pack of testers over a month ago but i still havent recieved them. Not sure if he forgot or what, but im still hopefull everytime i check the mailbox lol.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I really REALLY liked one of the dragon cheese phenos i had. Wish i still had it. I like DFG's gear for sure
Jeff said he was gonna send me a pack of testers over a month ago but i still havent recieved them. Not sure if he forgot or what, but im still hopefull everytime i check the mailbox lol.
Your welcome to a cut of mine as soon as it warms up. I have the dragon cheese, blueberry dragon cheese and dragon garlic breath but i haven't popped the garlic yet. I can mail out half of thise seeds if ya like and send clones once it warms up.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Your welcome to a cut of mine as soon as it warms up. I have the dragon cheese, blueberry dragon cheese and dragon garlic breath but i haven't popped the garlic yet. I can mail out half of thise seeds if ya like and send clones once it warms up.

Sure man, why dont we do a clone swap this summer. Ill send you some of my winners and vice versa.

I must say, ive got a couple in my room right now that are absolutely outfuckingstanding in both looks and smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom