Archive Seeds' Codeblue And Rudeboi

• Thread starter G gnome
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G gnome

G gnome

I have tried and failed like the others, but, when I attempted to do what you might, I plucked and dissected sacs and some were empty, plus I've tried to make fem seeds with hermy pollen plenty of times with zero success. So there s a chance of sterility then it's banana plucking duty for possibly a month or so .....I mean they can't all possibly continue to Jiz out continually until harvest, can they?
Fuck idk? I wish i knew somebody who has a lil more insight. @thadocta

I doubt I'll get any response. Dont think he comes around anymore.
Anybody know anyone to ask?

G gnome

G gnome

Last bit of advice for future references, with untested seeds, rotating everyday could be too much stress via phototropism
Never heard that one. The sun moves i mean wtf if thats enough stress to do it then idk

G gnome

G gnome

Well no i gotta move em around so i can get to em to pluck the sacks off em

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

I really dont know much about breeding. Trying not to freak out. Is far fetched to think i can remove the nanners and salvage the crop. If its seeded its unmarketable. Am I better off culling em so that EVERYTHING doesn't get ruined?
Ive heard of ppl saying that sometimes the sacks are infertile. What are the odds Id be that lucky?
If it is genetic than how could it have been avoided? And why would they either not test it b4 marketing it or sell it if they're aware of the hermi issue?
there is a difference between stress induced hermaphroditism, and hereditary trait hermaphroditism..

stress induced will show female preflowers, and in the actual buds, you will notice random nanners, usually happens past week 3-4 of flower, but can show up earlier and usually shows as about 80-90% female flowers and 10-20% male flowers...these can usually be plucked, and sometimes the pollen sacks contain no pollen

hereditary hermaphrodites, you can have the perfect room with the perfect environment, but around week 2 of flower, they will start to show about a 50/50 % of male/female flowers...infact if you veg your plant long enough in veg to see preflowers, then often the plant will exhibit both male and female preflowers in veg...not many ppl have time to veg a plant 2-3 months or more lol...

that being said, by what i see in your pics above, looks like hereditary traits...these traits will be passed on into the offspring when bred with...

if i were you, i would seriously look into removing all plants that hermied, call it a loss, and move on the next crop...time is money, do you really want to wast 2-3 moths growing out weed that your bound to get seeds in?then have issues selling it, then have to lower price and still have issues selling it...id scrap whats lost, and replace with something else asap

just remember, we always learn from our mistakes...just sucks when our mistakes cost us money too

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

hereditary traits such as hermaphroditism, auto flowering and other traits like these are recessive and will be passed down, they may not show up in the "children" but may show up in the "grandchildren" or further generations...this is why selective breeding is so important, and why pollen chucking and feminized seeds are soo prone to issues like this....if you take 2 plants and reverse one of them, but both plants were strong from the begining, then chances are your feminized seeds will be of good quality...but if you buy feminized seeds, and then have 2 female plants, and then reverse one or both of them thats where issues come from.

each time we reverse a plant and make feminized seeds, your removing a crucial bar of dna from the plant...within a few generations, if you continue doing this, you will have removed so much of the dtrains genetic profile that is crucial for a "complete genetic profile" then you are left with mutants, or a strain that has tons of issues...i have just come accross this with my somari from soma, no hermies or anything, but very low yielding, never seen something yeild so low, and buds look mutant...really nothiing special and a regret of buying it...200$ for 5 seeds, lol.....this same issue happens alot with OG crosses...all the different OG crosses you see floating around are cousins in some for or another...when you keep crossing feminized plants with other feminized plants by reversal, and the plants are lready of the same genetic line/makeup(ex: ghost og X sfv OG) then not only are you removing part of the genetic dna make up of the strain(the male part) but your creating a line, that will have a higher percentage of "bland" plants and lower percentage of dank off the hook plants

G gnome

G gnome

there is a difference between stress induced hermaphroditism, and hereditary trait hermaphroditism..

stress induced will show female preflowers, and in the actual buds, you will notice random nanners, usually happens past week 3-4 of flower, but can show up earlier and usually shows as about 80-90% female flowers and 10-20% male flowers...these can usually be plucked, and sometimes the pollen sacks contain no pollen

hereditary hermaphrodites, you can have the perfect room with the perfect environment, but around week 2 of flower, they will start to show about a 50/50 % of male/female flowers...infact if you veg your plant long enough in veg to see preflowers, then often the plant will exhibit both male and female preflowers in veg...not many ppl have time to veg a plant 2-3 months or more lol...

that being said, by what i see in your pics above, looks like hereditary traits...these traits will be passed on into the offspring when bred with...

if i were you, i would seriously look into removing all plants that hermied, call it a loss, and move on the next crop...time is money, do you really want to wast 2-3 moths growing out weed that your bound to get seeds in?then have issues selling it, then have to lower price and still have issues selling it...id scrap whats lost, and replace with something else asap

just remember, we always learn from our mistakes...just sucks when our mistakes cost us money too
Im def not in the 50/50 range few nanners here and there it is wk3. Maybe it is stress but from what?
Cant really cull the whole crop cuz by the time the replacements are ready itll be harvest time. I would say im more in the 10% range.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Im def not in the 50/50 range few nanners here and there it is wk3. Maybe it is stress but from what?
Cant really cull the whole crop cuz by the time the replacements are ready itll be harvest time. I would say im more in the 10% range.
1434116032396-jpg.515680

with preflowers like that, i would be worried....that preflower look to be 80%male...personally i wouldt take the risk, id rather run nothing than waste money on growing soemthing ill have issues makeing money with

growing one or 2 plants, might be worth the effort in pickin them off, but when your livlyhood depends on it like me, i cant risk it, id rather start from scrap

G gnome

G gnome

Thanks for taking the time mr. fresh. I guess either way if it was stress it didn't take a whole lot of it. Got 1 rb pheno that hasnt hermed but not the most impressive one either.

G gnome

G gnome

Cant say ur wrong there but that was by far the single worst male flower i found fwiw. The majority were 1 single male sack isolated in the lower portion of the canopy. I would say i found an avg of 5 single sacks per plant.
1434116032396-jpg.515680

with preflowers like that, i would be worried....that preflower look to be 80%male...personally i wouldt take the risk, id rather run nothing than waste money on growing soemthing ill have issues makeing money with

growing one or 2 plants, might be worth the effort in pickin them off, but when your livlyhood depends on it like me, i cant risk it, id rather start from scrap

G gnome

G gnome

Last bit of advice for future references, with untested seeds, rotating everyday could be too much stress via phototropism coupled with interruptions of circadian rythyms, some plants just danty, ya know
Sincerely thanks for taking an interest and thanks for the input . I shoulda sed so b4. I hope i didnt come off as unappreciative. Was a lil irritated
Stay tuned and we'll get this thing figured out.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
I have had a plant from seed go full herm from early bloom just after taking cuttings. Then all the clones from that particular plant did not drop 1 ball at all kinda trippy. Made me think that when I took clones is when it got pissed off. It's just how it goes, luck of the draw lol :rolleyes:. I ended up making tincture with the sensitive herm plant. ;)

RG420

RG420

Dude this is some shitty shit shit!! Does plants look loved to the max and the fuckers still spit balls??!!??!
I think @Moe Lasses has run this strain maybe he could pop in and steer you right?

Moe Lasses

Moe Lasses

you gotta chill out homie. remember both of rudeboi's parents are OG? hermies should have been expected. that being said… in my experience with todays seeds, many seed plants show boy parts on the unders during pre flowering and never again once run as clones. if its a strain you have high hopes for it might be worth removing the sacs, watching close, and running again. a true hermie will have boy parts in the tops… cull those immediately.
poppin beans is like a lottery ticket… enjoy self:)
Twinkl1

RG420

RG420

Good point @Moe Lasses and thanks for popping in dude! :)
My sour Kush spat balls when I first ran them from seed, I plucked those fuckers and that was that, all clones after we're perfect

G gnome

G gnome

@Og Gong @RG420 @Moe Lasses Thanks dudes. I probably did overreact but its only because I care lol. Been spending a LOT of time going over em. Every time i do they are fewer and farther in between. I think I'm weathering the storm
Fwiw they are clones.
First time doin og didnt realize they were that prone to nanners.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

@G gnome I feel ya and feel for ya man. One of my problems is that I love me some good OG.... So I am always wary and anxious about running new seeds/strains, but I also love the hunt :) which of course keeps me coming back. As of yet (knocks on wood) my Tahoe OG has taken a hell of a bunch of stress tests and still hasn't showed me anything but lower yields when agitated. It's the only one that has been able to stick around with me for a while. I consider myself super lucky to have this one. Best of luck to ya!

Top Bottom