Are my ladies ready for Harvest?

• Thread starter Urameshi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Not sure where your getting that clear are the highest potency, clear means NO thc milky is highest THC amber is getting into cbn/d
Ed Rosenthal says that the Clear is THC at its most potent and milky and amber are both degradation.
Read the first picture under 'Mature'.
If Ed said it, he has at least 10 pages to back it up.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Ed Rosenthal says that the Clear is THC at its most potent and milky and amber are both degradation.
Read the first picture under 'Mature'.
If Ed said it, he has at least 10 pages to back it up.
I think the statement is a little ambiguous at best, TBH. I think the jest of what he's saying is that milky->amber is where the decomposition occurs.... I really think it's a typo.

Clearly, he advocates "cloudy" though out all of the pages, except in that single nuance of phrase. Trying to lump amber and cloudy together is ambiguous at minimum. Even in the "ripe" condition, the buds are clearly cloudy. How's that for doublespeak.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I think the statement is a little ambiguous at best, TBH. I think the jest of what he's saying is that milky->amber is where the decomposition occurs.... I really think it's a typo.

Clearly, he advocates "cloudy" though out all of the pages, except for that single interpretation.
Maybe I misunderstand you but that pic is a different one than I was talking about and it also says that cloudy is THC degrading. In a pretty straightforward manner. And the grammar fits, it does not look like a typo.
Please show me where he advocates "cloudy".

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Maybe I misunderstand you but that pic is a different one than I was talking about and it also says that cloudy is THC degrading. In a pretty straightforward manner. And the grammar fits, it does not look like a typo.
I'm just saying, the pics sure look cloudy to me. I don't see clear there, TBH.

And the picture says "ripe cannabis"

grnmtn

grnmtn

Just a comment on strain specs. There are so many variables from different phenos to growing conditions and environment that can seriously alter flowering time, potency, weight, etc from the average numbers the seed companies provide.

elduderito

elduderito

I definitely see some amber in that pic as well...

I thought that while Ed was a pioneer in the industry - some of his info is outdated. This seems to confirm that... harvest window is during the phase when most of trichomes are cloudy....

Urameshi

Urameshi

I think these debates are helpful for me to read both sides and choose my own to go with

It's all about preference really bc with a few of my buddies that grow more for personal consumption than alleged profit, I get a mixed bag as well some prefer the milky and some prefer the amber

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I definitely see some amber in that pic as well...

I thought that while Ed was a pioneer in the industry - some of his info is outdated. This seems to confirm that... harvest window is during the phase when most of trichomes are cloudy....
Do you have any updates on his research to show his info is outdated? Any one elses research?

elduderito

elduderito

I'm mixing up Jorge and Ed... something I've read or heard but can't remember the source... to be fair I haven't read either of their books...

freezeland2

freezeland2

How about that graphic you keep posting of when to harvest? It says 50 - 70% cloudy is peak. I would consider mostly cloudy to fall in that range.

Urameshi

Urameshi

what about not giving 48 hours like GNick said? I think atleast chopping them when youre supposed to turn on the lights is the right move
Screen Shot 2021 07 15 at 52731 PM

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

How about that graphic you keep posting of when to harvest? It says 50 - 70% cloudy is peak. I would consider mostly cloudy to fall in that range.
Yeah, I was given that and it is good to show the difference in trichs, but I don't agree with the text.
Since you mention it, I think I'll make my own diagram for it.

Top Bottom