Are these fungus gnats, thrips or aphids? Pics

• Thread starter Raisin8420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

someone, file this gold! I'll forget!

re: dawn. remember which color?

comp grow!... oh, nm... gotta stall mine.
raisenbrand, I'm not sure, whether popin 2 seeds u were seein something mr hyde, suggested, or if i was confused, at the time n said something, in the wong place... cause- I JUST POPPED TWO!!! ARGH ARGH!!! RED ALERT RED ALERT- NM... i lost my puup, in public. and i forgot what i meant to say, but ... so i hope it goes well. I'll set the timer... when did u drop em? picture the method, for examples for new, recruits?

k..
i gotta change lanes. goosfraba!

-sparetire... loose change... "oh god oh god"... turn about, is fair play... if it helps u to remember, or smells like a fart n makes ur cult smile: worth it!

Raisin8420

Raisin8420

I bought 3 seeds for $65, toof decay by Methisto an auto, anyway 2 plants took but early on the 2 plants had a severe case of thrips, my hydro guy offerd pesticide but im organic so he told me to put a micro drop of dawn in a mist bottle and spray the leaves, when they dried i de earthed both plants, first pic is an infected leaf low on 1 plant so you can see damage, now plants are allmost 50 days old running on both cycles and look no more thrips killed em all, there is still a bit of damage low on both plants but look how they turned out so far, if i did not intervene i would have lost 2 very expensive plants, de earth is my go to pesticide, cheap organic and highley effective!
Nice save there alright, I have read a bit of people mentioning de earth, seems like It would be handy to have there in the toolbox, il put some of that on my list too. Luckily enough I haven't seen too much activity directly on the plants as it is now.

SouthernOhio

SouthernOhio

Well just know all that money you invested might double or more including the loss if this is a persistent problem. Not to mention if you don't take care of them and they start to become immune to what you treat them with over time. It's your call. With experience comes the mindset of do I really wanna wait 8-12 weeks to see if it's salvageable? If it was my grow the plants would already be dead and the room would be soaking in bleach above 100 degrees. That's just too much to deal with and not worth it in the long run imo. Aphids are one of those thing we all cringe when we see. Spider mites and the like don't have shit on dealing with a problem like that. Lucky for you you don't have the death to a grow aphids but with plants being attacked it might not be long before you do or might have them and just havent seen them yet.

Most of the time if you want to save plants like that (aka a specific clone ect) you keep them in veg after the run for a month or 2 while you treat since more then half the stuff you need to use wont play nice with flowering plants.
I had pests for months fighting them and was losing. (Broad Mites) I replaced everything, soil and all. Very expensive, but I have pc of mind knowing I have a good clean start again and a shelf full of treatments, washes and sprays.
End of the day, I am glad a restarted everything. Grow is in top form again.

Raisin8420

Raisin8420

someone, file this gold! I'll forget!

re: dawn. remember which color?

comp grow!... oh, nm... gotta stall mine.
raisenbrand, I'm not sure, whether popin 2 seeds u were seein something mr hyde, suggested, or if i was confused, at the time n said something, in the wong place... cause- I JUST POPPED TWO!!! ARGH ARGH!!! RED ALERT RED ALERT- NM... i lost my puup, in public. and i forgot what i meant to say, but ... so i hope it goes well. I'll set the timer... when did u drop em? picture the method, for examples for new, recruits?

k..
i gotta change lanes. goosfraba!

-sparetire... loose change... "oh god oh god"... turn about, is fair play... if it helps u to remember, or smells like a fart n makes ur cult smile: worth it!
not sure I'm onto what you talking about but pop em away bro,

Raisin8420

Raisin8420

I had pests for months fighting them and was losing. (Broad Mites) I replaced everything, soil and all. Very expensive, but I have pc of mind knowing I have a good clean start again and a shelf full of treatments, washes and sprays.
End of the day, I am glad a restarted everything. Grow is in top form again.
Ah yea I'm gonna power throught the last few weeks n strip down n rebuild the grow room after this run anyway!

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Im the one that has been screaming about de earth, cheap, organic and highley effective will kill any pest with exoskeleton in 72 hours organic, why put expensive pesticide on something your going to inhale,? de is the best option.

Raisin8420

Raisin8420

Im the one that has been screaming about de earth, cheap, organic and highley effective will kill any pest with exoskeleton in 72 hours organic, why put expensive pesticide on something your going to inhale,? de is the best option.
Tried to lay my hands on some local here but no luck il have to order some in!

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

hate havin to waste research time and a grip of kaka n effort on pests. i feel for all, who suffer the indignity, of pests! remember- not angry, or sad at the author/s... angry n sad about the rest; n the pests. DT- had zero luck. there's a new product i saw on thetube- but FORGOT WHAT IT WAS!!!

Top Bottom