Autos Maybe

• Thread starter Broken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Broken

Broken

Ok so I tried dropping 5 Kritic7o . I used a couple drops of peroxide and water in a shot glass and as soon as they started a went with the paper towel and plates after a couple day went to a cd case but nothing grew after a week. I ditched them . When I went to cd case I didn't understand I needed to put paper towel in a bag first so I just kept trying to moistening it.

Now I have 4 shot glasses with 2 seeds in each. Auto Speed Bud, Purple Ryder Auto, Auto Ripley's OG, Girl Scout Cookies Auto. 30 hrs in:

Speed bud sprouted & I stuck them in peat pod in tray under dome with heating pad under.
Others are still in water in shot glass. Should I get them out before they crack?

NOW What? Is going to the peat a safe bet? Or with me having the dome set up Would you?
1.Put them in a wet paper towel and let it lay like that in the dome?
2.Put them in a wet paper towel and put it a bag and a cd case and stand it like that in the dome?

For anyone that stops in that doesn't know me I had a room full on my first run but had to about 6 weeks in to flower do to my house being broke into. Those were photo's and my germination rate sucked probably less than 50% but I had 20 for 20 on cuts. I probably lucked out I had a great grow and killed nothing but seeds.

Broken

Broken

I copied these from @incogneato 's Reno 911 thread so you guys could delete them there soI am out of his way with that Beautiful run.
Thank you for any help I always appreciate your time and knowledge.

i drench the towel and just give it one squezze ,put my seeds in the towel then in a plastic bag,then cd case,i have tails before the towel can even think about drying out,i put the cd case next to my direct tv box and most time i have tails next day,

u can go simple and just go straight to soil as well...no worries just keep them moist

I put mine in a glass of water for about 30 hours. Then dumped water and popped seeds onto a paper towel (I drained the standing water but did not ring it out) on a paper plate. I folded the towel over the seeds and put another plate upside down on top of the first one, and put it under my humidity dome on my propagator, which is on a heat mat set at 80*. I added some water to the drip tray for humidity. As long as condensation forms on the dome, you don't even need to add more water. Had inch long tap roots in two days. Piece of cake.

Shout out to @jipp @justiceman @BarnaGoat @EventHorizan

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Ok so I tried dropping 5 Kritic7o . I used a couple drops of peroxide and water in a shot glass and as soon as they started a went with the paper towel and plates after a couple day went to a cd case but nothing grew after a week. I ditched them . When I went to cd case I didn't understand I needed to put paper towel in a bag first so I just kept trying to moistening it.

Now I have 4 shot glasses with 2 seeds in each. Auto Speed Bud, Purple Ryder Auto, Auto Ripley's OG, Girl Scout Cookies Auto. 30 hrs in:

Speed bud sprouted & I stuck them in peat pod in tray under dome with heating pad under.
Others are still in water in shot glass. Should I get them out before they crack?

NOW What? Is going to the peat a safe bet? Or with me having the dome set up Would you?
2.Put them in a wet paper towel and put it a bag and a cd case and stand it like that in the dome?

For anyone that stops in that doesn't know me I had a room full on my first run but had to about 6 weeks in to flower do to my house being broke into. Those were photo's and my germination rate sucked probably less than 50% but I had 20 for 20 on cuts. I probably lucked out I had a great grow and killed nothing but seeds.
you can leave them in the shot glasses till they crack... Even a lil longer, till the root is poking out..
Then go to wet paper towel, and put in sandwich bag, and fold top over. I dont zip the bag up, just fold..
You can stick that in the tray under the dome. If you put a heating mat underneath it, unless its under 60 in the room, I recommend putting the heating mat on a timer... 15 on/15 off
dont touch them for 48 hrs.. No peek
Then you can leavew them another day or you can put them in your median of choice, and water.. They dont need more than a piss ants worth of light till they break ground.. And hot lights can dry out median on seedling and stall it out too.. So go with something small till they break ground, and then still baby it for a week or so

Enforcer

Enforcer

Why are you putting peroxide in the water? If you are using it as a disinfectant, the chlorine in your tap water is sufficient. I would suggest skipping the H2O2 next time and I bet you’ll have better luck.

I also forgot to mention in my last post that I did not have the light on during the process. After a few days under the dome they went straight into a 70/30 coco/perlite mix in a solo cup. Then I turned the light on. I watered them twice a day with a 5ml pipette, in a circle just around the seedling until they could take a full watering. Good luck.

incogneato

incogneato

Why are you putting peroxide in the water? If you are using it as a disinfectant, the chlorine in your tap water is sufficient. I would suggest skipping the H2O2 next time and I bet you’ll have better luck.

I also forgot to mention in my last post that I did not have the light on during the process. After a few days under the dome they went straight into a 70/30 coco/perlite mix in a solo cup. Then I turned the light on. I watered them twice a day with a 5ml pipette, in a circle just around the seedling until they could take a full watering. Good luck.
Probably on my recommendation. How is the h2o2 harmful?

Monster762

Monster762

I’m less experienced than most but honestly I ditched the whole paper towel thing way back when I used to play with outdoor grows. I go straight with jiffy pellets. Used to be just bag seeds. But I stuck to jiffy pellets even after the breeder of my seeds highly reccomended against them. Saying the net doesn’t always allow roots through and could bind the plant up. So as a prevauationary I carefully peel the bag off before putting in pots. I used them recently. I threw the clear top dome away. I put a kfc chicken bowl with 3 jiffy’s and cover loosely with another kfc bowl. Warm water. Never used heat pad but probably would be better. I’ve had a 100% germination rate and none took over a week to pop. Just my experience. With no added anything. Just water.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Probably on my recommendation. How is the h2o2 harmful?
I don't know about harmful, just unnecessary in my experience. There are some studies to support its useful for chemical scarification. However, they don't really know how the molecule achieves this. Which may lead to varied mix ratios. The one I found is 1oz of 3% H2O2 to 1 pint of water. I'm not sure how that would translate to a shot glass and a few drops of H2O2 (3% or 35% food grade) but I think with such a small sample of water, it would be all to easy to over mix the H2O2 and cause plant death. My suggestion to omit it next time was based solely on the "keep it simple" philosophy. Not that it's necessarily harmful. That being said, by no means am I discrediting your experience if you have had success with it.

str8smokn

str8smokn

Why make this hard.
Put in a glass of water until you see a tap root tail.
Then put in your medium..soil, coco, whatever. Using a toothpick poke a hole 1/2” down , put seed in with tail poking down.
Keep it moist and it will sprout in a couple days.
Bam bing
STR8

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

My apologies... Hope you didnt get confused with all the advice..
Hit me up in a pm if you still having trouble afterwards...

Broken

Broken

Thank you everyone

My water has no additives spring water around 100ppm.

This morning all seeds had opened with just a tiny tail. I transferred them to a wet folded paper towel inside a ziplock left unzipped laid it inside the dome. Paper towel seemed what most do, So I went that way and am going to try to wait 48hrs before looking and then put them in the peat pods.

The heating pad it a seedling dome heating pad not a human type. its partially under the tray and bag is not on bottom of tray.

As for keeping it simple I tried that first run and had more that never grew than ones that did.

The money lost on seeds when they die doesn't bother me as bad as losing the seed itself because I'm skeered to place orders. At the same time if all 8 grow it will be more than I had planned but I want them to finish before April 1st. This was 6 plants in a 8x7 room 3 1/2 weeks in to flower on the 1st grow.
20170524_165700-jpg.703764

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

And im not one to shoot off my mouth, so right now, im freezing my seed, and will throw it in the shot glass tomm and we will see how long it will last in the shot glass of water...

incogneato

incogneato

I don't know about harmful, just unnecessary in my experience. There are some studies to support its useful for chemical scarification. However, they don't really know how the molecule achieves this. Which may lead to varied mix ratios. The one I found is 1oz of 3% H2O2 to 1 pint of water. I'm not sure how that would translate to a shot glass and a few drops of H2O2 (3% or 35% food grade) but I think with such a small sample of water, it would be all to easy to over mix the H2O2 and cause plant death. My suggestion to omit it next time was based solely on the "keep it simple" philosophy. Not that it's necessarily harmful. That being said, by no means am I discrediting your experience if you have had success with it.
No doubt brotha, just trying to see where you were coming from. I had problems with damping off early on and this helped me with that. Now i know that was from keeping things to wet down low but the extra protection was nice anyhow. Like a safety blanket lol. I'll be the first to say that im by no means an experienced grower, just sharing whats worked well for me so far. But i couldn't agree more k.i.s.s is the way. The tough thing in cannabis advice is there is a ton of diff way to do things and people want to be helpful. The trick is to sift through the info, find what spunds right to you and trial and error til you find your way.
Not to be augmentative, but I havent lost a one to drowning..
And I even left them in there so long that the tail was over an inch..
I dont know bro..
Deff not trying to pick a debate with you..
And I respect your opinion.
And I mean yours specifically..
Same here bud. I found the longer i soaked them ( up to a point) the better success i had.

Dunge

Dunge

Not to be augmentative, but I havent lost a one to drowning..
And I even left them in there so long that the tail was over an inch..
I dont know bro..
Deff not trying to pick a debate with you..
And I respect your opinion.
And I mean yours specifically..
I have some experience with malting barley, which involves a soak phase.

Mandella Seeds specifically instructs "direct sow, seed on side" as customers were drowning entire orders and complaining about it.

I soak seeds too (on occasion) but I wanted to put this warning against drowning.
Aeriating the water can reduce risk.

Enforcer

Enforcer

No doubt brotha, just trying to see where you were coming from. I had problems with damping off early on and this helped me with that. Now i know that was from keeping things to wet down low but the extra protection was nice anyhow. Like a safety blanket lol. I'll be the first to say that im by no means an experienced grower, just sharing whats worked well for me so far. But i couldn't agree more k.i.s.s is the way. The tough thing in cannabis advice is there is a ton of diff way to do things and people want to be helpful. The trick is to sift through the info, find what spunds right to you and trial and error til you find your way.

Same here bud. I found the longer i soaked them ( up to a point) the better success i had.
Absolutely, I couldn't agree more. Nothing but respect man.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I have some experience with malting barley, which involves a soak phase.

Mandella Seeds specifically instructs "direct sow, seed on side" as customers were drowning entire orders and complaining about it.

I soak seeds too (on occasion) but I wanted to put this warning against drowning.
Aeriating the water can reduce risk.
just curious cause im not a big seed orderer, but is mandella seeds out of Africa?
No sarcasm. I just know of nelson mandellas story, and wondered,
because if my memory serves me right, its illegal all thru Africa eh?
I surely could be wrong and i dont often rely on my memory without a google search to confirm

Broken

Broken

I love hearing different opinions, because it shows that there is more than 1 way to do it. My water flows out of the ground and taste great but that doesnt mean it is idea for starting seed. IIRC ph is close to 7 which I always had to use ph down while growing.

Temp in dome is 77* RH 99%

Can anyone recommend a good read on the do's and don't with Auto's ?
It seems I remember reading some info a while that said cloning is a waist of time ? The shouldn't be pruned / topped or defoliated ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom