Autos Maybe

• Thread starter Broken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
incogneato

incogneato

I love hearing different opinions, because it shows that there is more than 1 way to do it. My water flows out of the ground and taste great but that doesnt mean it is idea for starting seed. IIRC ph is close to 7 which I always had to use ph down while growing.

Temp in dome is 77* RH 99%

Can anyone recommend a good read on the do's and don't with Auto's ?
It seems I remember reading some info a while that said cloning is a waist of time ? The shouldn't be pruned / topped or defoliated ?
I have only ran one auto but seen quite a few grows with em. No real point of cloning most autos. Ive heard not to lst them but everthing i have seen contradicts that. They respond well to some light training. Give them good light from the start, after you harden them off of course. You havd to really pay attention to what phase there in for feeding purposes because they start flowering when they want to instead of you causing the flip. All that said though i treated mine like a red headed step child and it was still great smoke.

Broken

Broken

Update and Inquiry The 3 seeds I stuck in peat pods have broke ground and are 1/2" Tall. Because of this I had to peek at the ones in paper towel. All had tap roots and 2 had shed the seed shell.

I went ahead and put them in peat pods. Now how soon should I remove the dome to get the light closer to them? I could put the T5's on them at the current height and leave the dome on.

Just haven't had time to read up for answers (I should remember this) Family member real sick so not been home much.

20171211 163811
incogneato

incogneato

Update and Inquiry The 3 seeds I stuck in peat pods have broke ground and are 1/2" Tall. Because of this I had to peek at the ones in paper towel. All had tap roots and 2 had shed the seed shell.

I went ahead and put them in peat pods. Now how soon should I remove the dome to get the light closer to them? I could put the T5's on them at the current height and leave the dome on.

Just haven't had time to read up for answers (I should remember this) Family member real sick so not been home much.
You'll want it up a lil higer. Right now. At least a foot. I go about 16-18 inches

incogneato

incogneato

Thanks was worried about stretching . These big bulbs don't put off as much heat as the T5's nor as bright so I wasn't sure.
You're gonna get some stretching but thats normal, as long as they dont get too lanky.

Broken

Broken

Spent all night in the ER so today has been tired and slow.

Of the 1st three to pop I have a 1", 1 1/2" and 2". 3 of the other 5 have just showed up .I have the T5's 12" above them with dome on. The only 2 that haven't popped yet are Mephsito Ripley's OG auto.

I am trying to keep the dome on them until everyone pops and first leafs opens. I'm Hoping these don't get lanky to start off with. I'm keeping temp between 75-80.

incogneato

incogneato

Spent all night in the ER so today has been tired and slow.

Of the 1st three to pop I have a 1", 1 1/2" and 2". 3 of the other 5 have just showed up .I have the T5's 12" above them with dome on. The only 2 that haven't popped yet are Mephsito Ripley's OG auto.

I am trying to keep the dome on them until everyone pops and first leafs opens. I'm Hoping these don't get lanky to start off with. I'm keeping temp between 75-80.
Hope eveeything is alright bud. Yoy dont need to pound them with light at this stage. They'll be fine.

Broken

Broken

Hope eveeything is alright bud. Yoy dont need to pound them with light at this stage. They'll be fine.
Thanks brother, my mom is in bad health and ambulance took her in with chest pains. They checked her out and said no heart attack and sent us home.

The T5 fixture is just 2 bulbs. 7 of the 8 are up now.

Does anyone use the peat pods? I'm trying to decide whether to wait until I want to go ahead and drop the pods in dirt now or wait until roots show. I would think doing it before roots are starting to show would disturb them less?

I have read to put Auto's in the pot you want to finish in right away. I know a big pot and a small plant is easily over watered. So Just how big a pot do you think is needed for the average Auto?

Hope everyone is well. Bowls up

incogneato

incogneato

Thanks brother, my mom is in bad health and ambulance took her in with chest pains. They checked her out and said no heart attack and sent us home.

The T5 fixture is just 2 bulbs. 7 of the 8 are up now.

Does anyone use the peat pods? I'm trying to decide whether to wait until I want to go ahead and drop the pods in dirt now or wait until roots show. I would think doing it before roots are starting to show would disturb them less?

I have read to put Auto's in the pot you want to finish in right away. I know a big pot and a small plant is easily over watered. So Just how big a pot do you think is needed for the average Auto?

Hope everyone is well. Bowls up
Im real sorry to hear about your mom, ill be praying for you guys. Ive read tye same about autos and pot size. Autos are so all over the place as car as size, what nedium are you in again?

Broken

Broken

Simple answer is soil.

Being the pennie pincher I am. On hand I have some soil from last run that was used. So i will be using FoxFarms with a mix of used and new soil. with plenty of pearlite. I have a good size bag of worm castings another of bat guano and some dolimite lime too. which I am sure would help if I knew how to amend it into that used soil.

Currently I have only 2 gallon plastic pots and 5 gallon smart pots on hand.

I will have a max of 8 plants (7 sprouted) Being Auto's I figure plant size will be smaller. Hopefully I have enough room. Was really shooting for 4 or 5 but the 1st 5 seeds all died before giving me a root to grow, So I dropped 8 wanting to make sure I got the ball rolling before more time past.

Hopefully use no more than 2 600w lights

Thank you @incogneato for the prayers.

Broken

Broken

Ok found happy frog soil local today and will be adding pearlite to it. (no used soil) Wish I had some 3 gallon smart pots. I think 5 gallon maybe too much and 2 not enough. I wish I could find someone growing Auto's in soil showing the end result of there roots. @Grow4me got any pics?

It looks like we will be transferring 7 seedling the 8th seed was a dud .

@jipp if your out there bud "Bowl Up"

jipp

jipp

im about. hope you have a fantastic morning. im alright. just sick n tired of being sick n tired hah.. working on getting healthy.. hopefully the first comes soon so i can go get some oil. herb is just not for me. weed sucks yo, oil rules laughs...
bowl up for me..

Broken

Broken

oh yeah bad news i tink i got almost all males in my flower tent.. when it rains its hist on me hah.
I bought nothing but female seeds because I figured thats how my grows would go. I'm doing these auto's this time because its less hassle and should have weed by the end of Feb 1st of April. Unless hermies hit them I figure starting with 7 plants I could end up with 14-16 ounce which would last me a while.

What size pots did you uses and did they fill the entire pot with roots? I'm trying to decide if I want to use 2 or 5 gallon pots. No place local to grab 3 gallon ones.

Broken

Broken

Well it turns out being old and forgetful worked out for me today. I went out back and found some plastic 3.75 gallons pots, there was exactly 7. So I mixed up FoxFarms Happy Frog potting soil and pearlite 3:1 and will move the seedlings tomorrow . (unless I get feeling better tonight)

incogneato

incogneato

Everything looks like its working out for you on these. Dont overthink it. The only problem with autos is you never know what size plant youll get. That happy feog should get them most of the way there with a few ewc tea feedings once a week. Ready for the show!

Broken

Broken

Everything looks like its working out for you on these. Dont overthink it. The only problem with autos is you never know what size plant youll get. That happy feog should get them most of the way there with a few ewc tea feedings once a week. Ready for the show!

Been reading what post I can find here on auto's. Its like their a red headed step child. Seems their not very popular and most diaries end before harvest. As for size 45 inches is suppose to be about the largest. I guess its time to go check out Kray kray.

I know nothing about teas.

I am not really sure what I can expect as far as a harvest.

Its more about growing them for fun to me.

What are you growing right now?

incogneato

incogneato

Been reading what post I can find here on auto's. Its like their a red headed step child. Seems their not very popular and most diaries end before harvest. As for size 45 inches is suppose to be about the largest. I guess its time to go check out Kray kray.

I know nothing about teas.

I am not really sure what I can expect as far as a harvest.

Its more about growing them for fun to me.

What are you growing right now?
They're just not very consistent . Teas are super easy, i just use a handful of ewc, add some bennies, some compost if you want and bubble for 24-36 hours. I just harvested my last run and i have a monocrop of gg#4 coming up next. As far as yeild, thats always a guessing game unless youve ran the same clone in the same setup a few times.

Top Bottom