B.O.G.'S Sour Grape in Straw Bales

• Thread starter ZONER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ZONER

ZONER

Howdy Folks,
This year a portion of my outdoor grow will be done in Straw Bales, I chose B.O.G.'S Sour Grape for this. I up potted or baled six plants today, one plant per bale. I'm charging my camera up and will drop some photos later.
Wish me luck, I hope to do Mr & Mrs BOG Proud ........... :D​

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Subbed. Don't let me down!!!! LOL
looking forward to this, Zoner! I grew some tomatoes in straw bales as a kid. Totally missed the possibilities with cannabis!
I bet it beats burying 55-gallon drums, like we used to do outdoors.

ZONER

ZONER

Howdy Folks,
This year a portion of my outdoor grow will be done in Straw Bales, I chose B.O.G.'S Sour Grape for this. I up potted or baled six plants today, one plant per bale. I'm charging my camera up and will drop some photos later.
Here are some pics

The row of straw bales with soaker hose, the left side will be put on top of my other plants that will be in 2 gallon pots for 2 more weeks.

Closer photo of a B.O.G.S Sour Grape

2nd close up ..... All the holes were amended with fresh worm castings mixed with a soil less mix before placing plants into the bales

Overall photo of my garden .... Will be planting my vegtables tomorrow also, right alongside my other plants.

And here is my little MMJ starter green house.
Got my log book started so let the grow begin..

ZONER

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Howdy Folks,
I wish you luck, but what ya need is for me to come help smoke some of that dank!.. looking good my brother

ZONER

ZONER

I wish you luck, but what ya need is for me to come help smoke some of that dank!.. looking good my brother
Thanks DP, I 'm going to put out around a total of 12 in the straw bales and the rest will be put into 10 & 15 gallon smart pots on some other land out back brother... Hopefully I will get out of this funk I've been in once the weather warms up. Hey don't forget my weather updates Bro ... Lol

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Man I sure miss bein able to grow a few outdoors. I got a Sour Grape goin indoors right now and it is IMPRESSIVE! Cant wait to see what they do as outdoor monsters. Lookin good bro, good luck! MGG

ZONER

ZONER

Man I sure miss bein able to grow a few outdoors. I got a Sour Grape goin indoors right now and it is IMPRESSIVE! Cant wait to see what they do as outdoor monsters. Lookin good bro, good luck! MGG
Thanks MGG hope I can pull some nice buds off these in the end ..... Just praying for all girls .. :D

K

kolah

Very nice..diggin on the strawbale plan...think I'll have to try a few this year. My only concern would be keeping critters out from the bed bottoms (as they like to dig up from the bottom) and I may have to enclose them with 1/4" square hardware mesh.

Good luck!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
wow..nice..I have never seen this..

ZONER

ZONER

Very nice..diggin on the strawbale plan...think I'll have to try a few this year. My only concern would be keeping critters out from the bed bottoms (as they like to dig up from the bottom) and I may have to enclose them with 1/4" square hardware mesh.

Good luck!
I'm inside the horse corral, has about 4 inches of stone for a base plus where I am it's farm land all around, the critters can get all the good eats they want right next door ya might say.

ZONER

ZONER

Good luck!
If it were Hay or Alfalfa I'd worry, don't know too many critters that eat straw except maybe goats and my corral is fenced in ..... But we'll see ..... :confused:

ZONER

ZONER

Here are some pics
View attachment 403766
The row of straw bales with soaker hose, the left side will be put on top of my other plants that will be in 2 gallon pots for 2 more weeks.
View attachment 403767
Closer photo of a B.O.G.S Sour Grape
View attachment 403768
2nd close up ..... All the holes were amended with fresh worm castings mixed with a soil less mix before placing plants into the bales

View attachment 403771
Overall photo of my garden .... Will be planting my vegtables tomorrow also, right alongside my other plants.
View attachment 403772
And here is my little MMJ starter green house.
Got my log book started so let the grow begin..

ZONER
This is the softcover that peaked my interest, so stick around and lets see what happens folks.

ZONER

ZONER

ya ever try alfalfa bales.......stack a few and chainsaw a hole out of middle.......knew some folks who did with tomatoes and beautiful........

best to ya....

ganj on.......
Thanks for stopping by and the kind words barefoot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom