B.O.G.'S Sour Grape in Straw Bales

• Thread starter ZONER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mogrow

Mogrow

Thank you for stopping by Seamaiden, I've already disconnected the siphon hose I was using with the soaker hose it just would not pull the tea I had made. So it looks like I will use a hose splitter and hook up a regular drinking hose with the hand wand and water with my tea's every third watering. This is new to me so while I'm out there I might as well try and dial it the best I can.
Tonight I will give the plants a good neem spray, want to try and keep the little bugs away.
I will say the plants have perked up since three days ago since the night time temps are at the 50 degree mark. So off I go .... have to get my regular garden seeds ready to sow into the bales tomorrow.
View attachment 407570
mr fucking heany

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Looks like the green flag is waiving brother.. Nice start.. I'll be at the finish line Z.. DP

ZONER

ZONER

Well here goes my first S.T.B. ($hit the bed) memo, read the instructions on the hose timer ....thought when the display showed 7 days it ment it would go on for the time set each day (7 days) if I had looked a little closer I would of noticed it also has every 2, 3,4,5,6 days & every 24 hours ,every 12 hours , etc ..... Wondered why the bales were still damp but not moist like they should of been and why I had to manually override the timer.....can you say KNUCKLE HEAD ... Well that's my quote for the day folks.
OrImage

BeenBurned

BeenBurned

Sweet man...I will b watching this, and trying it next year fer sure!
Am trying an outdoor grow in the "back 40" and I was worried about the deer. the other day I see the tracks of a little doe carefully stepping over it...
Just say no....lol. White tail do not like MJ
Hey Zoner, roughly where on the planet are you, if I may ask. Just curious about weather and length of daylight u r working w/
Hope it is going well...

ZONER

ZONER

Am trying an outdoor grow in the "back 40" and I was worried about the deer. the other day I see the tracks of a little doe carefully stepping over it...
Hey Zoner, roughly where on the planet are you, if I may ask. Just curious about weather and length of daylight u r working w/
Hope it is going well...
40.9 degrees latitude north of the equator in the North Eastern part of U.S.

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hope it is going well...
Don't count on that for the whole season. Once cannabis is the only green thing around, they'll eat it completely down. I lost an 8' tall Italian cypress last year to deer, stripped completely clean. No one around here as ever heard of them eating that stuff.

ZONER

ZONER

Good morning Farmers ... Today was a gender check day, or execution day you might say.

Three B.O.G.S LIFESAVERS were hanging their bananas and were chopped leaving three females.

I believe two of my B.O.G.S SOUR GRAPES in straw bales will need to be chopped also, which will leaving me with four females in the bales.

Like the odds, that 6 out of 10 females for the B.O.G.S gear. Nice ...

Have noticed the plants in the bales are growing at a slower rate than my soil less plants in pots, again that could be due to the bales being at least equivalent to 30+ Gallon pots.

Other item with the bales is that the bales that appear to be decomposing at a slightly faster rate are producing slightly more vigorous growth. I will also need to step up my teas to three times a week instead of two since the plants are showing the start of a slight N deficiency in the leaves being a little less green on top leaves.

Nothing else of real significance to report. Oh and I been using CAPS OG BIOWAR at least twice a week, damn good product Cap.

Well off to a nice cup of Java on the deck ...:D ... with the dogs, everyone else is still sleeping ..

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Sounds like a plan of action...in action. Cant wait to see some big outdoors mamas. Will be interesting to see the differences you experience with the bales vs soilless. Good luck bro. MGG

ZONER

ZONER

Well it's been 2 weeks in the straw bales and with the weather not cooperating once I did plant them there is not a whole lot to report other than the survived ..... So here are some pic from my IPAD.
HERE IS A PHOTO FROM May 9th
View attachment 407600
And a follow up photo from today 2 hours after a brief shower.
View attachment 407601

SOME MORE PICS OF THE B.O.G.S SOUR GRAPE INDIVIDUALLY

View attachment 407602 View attachment 407603 View attachment 407604 View attachment 407605 View attachment 407606

O.K. NOW MOVING ON TO THE BAKEDREALITY ROTTEN MILK & FARMERS MIX 2013's FROM THE FARMS FREEBIES LIST. THE ONES WITH THE RED CUPS ARE THE ROTTEN MILK'S ...... Smell like a sweet smelly cheese ...
View attachment 407609 View attachment 407618

A few pics of B.O.G.S LIFESAVER'S
View attachment 407621

Now the single shots from the top
View attachment 407622 View attachment 407623 View attachment 407624 View attachment 407625

Also have some KIMBO KUSH & CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRY PICS

View attachment 407635

Now single shots, first is a CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRY
View attachment 407636

And now a KIMBO KUSH
View attachment 407637

Other than getting ready to up pot them into 10 & 15 GALLON SMART POTS IN 2 WEEKS THERE IS NOT REALLY MUCH TO SAY......so if you have suggestions, comments or tips feel free to post them Folks .....

Jeez don't know why the last 2 photos duplicated ....lol

BACK AGAIN FARMERS .....

3 Weeks have gone by and they seem to be growing in the bales pretty good. Well after 5 days of on and off rain they are really hungry for "N"

Save a tad bit of weeding to do around the bales.
Here are some single pics of B.O.G.S SOUR GRAPE
Image Image Image Image Image
The majority of the sour grapes are about 2 1/2 ft to 3 ft tall
The 3rd photo shows slower growth and will get pinched and tied over to the fence to see if it will put out more buds.
Here is my KIMBO

A few shots of my Rotten Milks by BAKEDREALITY mmmmmm stinky & FARMERS MIX 2013
ROTTEN MILK #1 Image
ROTTEN MILK #2Image
ROTTEN MILK #3Image
FARMERS MIX #1Image
FARMERS MIX #2Image
FARMERS MIX #3Image

All of the girls will be up potted this weekend into 10 gallon smart pots ..... Except for my B.O.G.S LIFESAVERS they will be up potted into 15 Gallons smart pots.

Well back to brewing a fresh batch of ACT.

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

The better weather seems to be helping.. Its been chilly at night still here bro.. Looking good.. Love them stinky ones!.. Best always Z .. DP

ZONER

ZONER

The better weather seems to be helping.. Its been chilly at night still here bro.. Looking good.. Love them stinky ones!.. Best always Z .. DP
Ahhhh. My weatherman DP, yeah it's going into the high 40's tonight again WTF. I said its gonna go right into summer with very little spring ..... I really hate that $hit.
Thanks for stopping by DP sorry I haven't been peepin in on ya.

Latest posts

Top Bottom