back again with fire og ... cs nutes

• Thread starter tipper619sd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tipper619sd

Tipper, maybe you should bring up the Nitrogen in your nutrients a bit. This may help the yellowing, especially if the yellowing starts at the bottom and works up to the top. Otherwise all is looking good in there. It looks like the stretch was not as bad as last round.

ya it wasnt that bad but i did add in the bud booster in light amounts at week 2 so that could have helped also. I actually added more of the bloom a which was higher in N . In the top off and added some to epicenter. Hopefully things will turn around soon and then ill see nice green leafs again lol.

T

tipper619sd

UPDATE 12/04/2012

Well hello farmers heres my update. So two days ago i was seeing a lot of tips of leafs starting to burn a lil and with the leafs turning colors and cannibalizing themselves I thought there had to be something wrong. I checked my ppm s and they were at 500 which is high in this system to me. SO i dumped half my top off rez and refilled it back with just fresh water and uc roots and 20 ml of bloom A and 25 ml of bloom B. My system is at 350 ppm s now and my ph is at 5.3 and my room temp is at 77 and at night its 73. My rh is 55 constantly and at night raises to 60 and during the day also. But I know all of u farmers especially the ones who have been with me since grow log one have been telling me to get these cages and i havent had the money to. Now i really see why i need them. These girls are very talk and lanky but can hold nice weight but i know when it comes to heavy nugs they will fall over. I am gonna start prepping for that now and add the fishing lines in there tomorrow. Next round cages are my next improvement. I took many pics some up by light and others from around outside. Hope u guys enjoy the show, I know i am very happy about this minus the no cages. I am on week 3 i think gotta double check but im sure i am. 6 more weeks to go hopefully i can get these girls bigger soon. Peace and happy farming farmers take care and enjoy.

Imagejpeg 2 15
Imagejpeg 2 16
Imagejpeg 2 17
Imagejpeg 2 18
Imagejpeg 2 19
Imagejpeg 2 20
Imagejpeg 2 13
Imagejpeg 2 14

T

tipper619sd

Sexy ladies! Looks good man keep it up!

thanks turbo man appreciate it.

Making damn good progress!

thanks my fellow 619 er Glad u like.

Also I had a question. I have added cal mag and more or the N based Bloom Bottle A. I have seen that sometimes yellowing is from lack of sulfur. Does espom salt have sulfur in it. I know it has mag in it. And can i use it in this system?

619ster

619ster

Yes Epsom Salts is Magnesium sulfate, and I know alot of OG growers that use LOTS of it. I've seen OG's take a rediculous amount of Epsom Salts with no problem, while other strains could potentially lockout on what the OG's feed on. Sorry I can't recommend a dosage though.

T

tipper619sd

Yes Epsom Salts is Magnesium sulfate, and I know alot of OG growers that use LOTS of it. I've seen OG's take a rediculous amount of Epsom Salts with no problem, while other strains could potentially lockout on what the OG's feed on. Sorry I can't recommend a dosage though.

thanks man thats what i was trying to see. I actually talked to the guys at cch20 and they said maybe for me to up my nutes a lil. So i added at 5 ml/ gal to my top off rez and within the week we will see what happens. I am gonna check out the epsom salt if i do not see improvements to the laves and color come back. Hopefully they will start to green up within the next few days. Thank again man.

Mr postman

Mr postman

I asked desert squirrel (my idol lol) on his CS thread if CS nutrients lacked anything cause He mentioned he still adds calmag and Epsom to his nutes. I assumed that because he was supplementing Epsom that it was probably for the mag and it could be just a mag whore genetic or the actual nutes could just have an insufficient amount( I was wrong). He replied that CS nutrients lack nothing at all and he adds calmag only during the end of stretch and adds Epsom for the second half of bloom not for the mag but for the sulfur needed to reach full turpine potential. So then I replied to him asking ....So in your opinion if CS Nutrients lack anything then it would be the sulfur right? Only asked because i was interested in possibly trying the CS line up not to bash CS. Unfortunately I never got the answer to that so i 'm just sticking to whats always worked best for me but it somewhat answers your question that Epsom does contain the sulfur. Until further notice I'm also going to assume that CS lacks the sulfur needed to reach that full potential. I mean I f dessert squirrel adds sulfur than it must be for a good reason.

T

tipper619sd

I asked desert squirrel (my idol lol) on his CS thread if CS nutrients lacked anything cause He mentioned he still adds calmag and Epsom to his nutes. I assumed that because he was supplementing Epsom that it was probably for the mag and it could be just a mag whore genetic or the actual nutes could just have an insufficient amount( I was wrong). He replied that CS nutrients lack nothing at all and he adds calmag only during the end of stretch and adds Epsom for the second half of bloom not for the mag but for the sulfur needed to reach full turpine potential. So then I replied to him asking ....So in your opinion if CS Nutrients lack anything then it would be the sulfur right? Only asked because i was interested in possibly trying the CS line up not to bash CS. Unfortunately I never got the answer to that so i 'm just sticking to whats always worked best for me but it somewhat answers your question that Epsom does contain the sulfur. Until further notice I'm also going to assume that CS lacks the sulfur needed to reach that full potential. I mean I f dessert squirrel adds sulfur than it must be for a good reason.

well from what u stated to me it seems that he uses it right after stretch. to help encourage the turpine. I think personally my ppms are low and these ogs are eating very heavy. Thanks postman for the reply

T

tipper619sd

Update ...
So i checked the plants today and almost all the leaves are standing up towards the light lots or perkiness in there. So far so good . Water temp @ 67 room temp @ 77 . Rh is @ 55. Ppms are at 500 actually there at 350 right now due to water @ 250 ppms , but i got my bud booster coming in the mail any day now so i can up that also. Gonna do a water change in my system when i get my new batch of nutes. Im going to bump my rez up 2 ml and then after i refill the system im going to bump my rez up 2 more ml to try and get it close to the ppms they recommend on top o f having og.Thanks farmers for all the comments and keep them coming. Happy farming peace

TurboNugs

TurboNugs

Awesome sauce! Time to start fattening up the girls. Killing it!

Damn dude, i got a cut of some Fire OG and a few others....debating on running a OG or something different next round.

T

tipper619sd

Awesome sauce! Time to start fattening up the girls. Killing it!

Damn dude, i got a cut of some Fire OG and a few others....debating on running a OG or something different next round.

thanks man ya CS is the ish . All im running in my system always

T

tipper619sd

UPDATE

I came in my room today and i knew i had to tie up these girls last night but found one plant falling over. All i could think was DS saying get those cages lol. FML Next round i will be adding cages and scrog no excuses plus less of a headache. So here we go. Room temp 75 rh @ 55 water temp 66.
bumped my ppms up to 600 yesterday and damn they packed on some weight they were all falling a lil. Had to go tie crazy thanks to my fishing line gotta love it lol. So the girls look great took lots of pics and im sure u guys can see which one fell. Peace and happy farming

Imagejpeg 2 21
Imagejpeg 2 22
Imagejpeg 2 23
Imagejpeg 2 24
Imagejpeg 2 25
Imagejpeg 2 26
Imagejpeg 2 27
Imagejpeg 3 1

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

From the looks of it, they have just now started to pack on the weight. Tie all those girls up. Glad to hear they are perking up. Looking good in there.

T

tipper619sd

From the looks of it, they have just now started to pack on the weight. Tie all those girls up. Glad to hear they are perking up. Looking good in there.

Ya you are right on point SG i went in there today and another plant had slowly started to lean so i had to tie her up also. These girls are staring to fill in big time looking like mini bouncy balls right now lol. Thanks man .

I also have good news my friend i get my cuts from said he had some white firex urkle from seeds and took cuts . I am gonna run them in my aeroponic system until these finish and then transfer over. I am very pleased with these fire ogs and cant wait to run the fire og urkle. Peace and happy farming

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

That's what I and other said at the beginning of this run, get those girls supported. I know that budget is an issue, its one most of us have to deal with, but I am sure you could have scrounged up $30 (probably less) to buy 4 cages for them. However the fishing line works, and you already have it handy, so that is always a good option.

I am not saying this is not possible, but I am not sure how well plants would do going from and aero system into a full hydro system. I feel the transfer would be a bit too much stress for the plants. Have you tried that out before?

T

tipper619sd

That's what I and other said at the beginning of this run, get those girls supported. I know that budget is an issue, its one most of us have to deal with, but I am sure you could have scrounged up $30 (probably less) to buy 4 cages for them. However the fishing line works, and you already have it handy, so that is always a good option.

I am not saying this is not possible, but I am not sure how well plants would do going from and aero system into a full hydro system. I feel the transfer would be a bit too much stress for the plants. Have you tried that out before?

I have not tried it out before at all man. And yes u and a few other farmers lol had warned me but i really couldnt even get 30 bucks together since my ballast had took a shit and had to get repaired from the last run and just got it two weeks ago my monthly was up 50 - 60 bucks because of the magnetic ballast my friend let me borrow. So i was stretched pretty thin plus my wife has everything set so my money was spent but hey things are looking good so when i save money this round i am going to buy those cages first. !! As for the transfer i am thinking that either i make a bubble tray or use my aero system , I dont like spending money on things i already have so idk yet. What would u prefer??? I see it as much shock as when i put clones in the system which are only hand watered . But idk yet still thinking myself. Thanks for all the help though SG really appreciate it and all the farmers who have helped me to become the farmer i am now today. THANKS!

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I have not tried it out before at all man. And yes u and a few other farmers lol had warned me but i really couldnt even get 30 bucks together since my ballast had took a shit and had to get repaired from the last run and just got it two weeks ago my monthly was up 50 - 60 bucks because of the magnetic ballast my friend let me borrow. So i was stretched pretty thin plus my wife has everything set so my money was spent but hey things are looking good so when i save money this round i am going to buy those cages first. !! As for the transfer i am thinking that either i make a bubble tray or use my aero system , I dont like spending money on things i already have so idk yet. What would u prefer??? I see it as much shock as when i put clones in the system which are only hand watered . But idk yet still thinking myself. Thanks for all the help though SG really appreciate it and all the farmers who have helped me to become the farmer i am now today. THANKS!

That's a great point, I never thought of it like that, moving a clone from the cloner to the system. I totally could be overestimating the shock on the plant in a move like that. Only one to to find out, try it. I am also not a big fan of spending money when I don't have to. I like to consider myself a master at re-purposing.

When you get the clones do they come in rockwool cubes? In my mind I would think that hand watering rockwool cubes before getting them into the system is just a bit less shock than going from an aero system to a straight hydro system. Simply because there is such high concentration of oxygen around the roots in an aero system as opposed to a hydro system would it be less stress on the plant. But like you said, why would there be more stress going from plants vegged in an aero system to flowered in a hydro system. Thanks for sharing your grows, they are a lot of fun to watch.

T

tipper619sd

That's a great point, I never thought of it like that, moving a clone from the cloner to the system. I totally could be overestimating the shock on the plant in a move like that. Only one to to find out, try it. I am also not a big fan of spending money when I don't have to. I like to consider myself a master at re-purposing.

When you get the clones do they come in rockwool cubes? In my mind I would think that hand watering rockwool cubes before getting them into the system is just a bit less shock than going from an aero system to a straight hydro system. Simply because there is such high concentration of oxygen around the roots in an aero system as opposed to a hydro system would it be less stress on the plant. But like you said, why would there be more stress going from plants vegged in an aero system to flowered in a hydro system. Thanks for sharing your grows, they are a lot of fun to watch.

Hey no problem man i like it truthfully. I was always one for science and i love plants especially this one. I do get mine in rockwool from a buddy.. Idk i gotta do a lil more research but i meanan in the under current we have plenty of oxygen so maybe it could work maybe not gotta try it and see i guess. PEace and happy farming man will do an update here soon maybe tomorrow well see

T

tipper619sd

Ok quick update. I went in the room tied most branches up and tied a few stalks since they were getting top heavy. I also added 250 ml to my 50 gal rez which was 5 ml a gal. My ppms are at 700 and i am closing in on the end of week five. I had my dates off but luckily i had my rez on point. So I flipped on the 6th( last month) and now its the 11th So im almost finishing week 5 today and its coming to week 6. I also cut a leaf and put it under my micro. To find that the trichs are just now starting to get cloudy about 60 %. That is actually what made me double check my thread and see when i flipped.Things are really stacking in there and every day i come out it smells even worse and nice and sweet in there. Things are looking great. I will be giving these girls a straight water feeding from week 8 about mid week and let it go for about 5 days changing the rez every other day and refilling. Hope u all enjoy take car.

Imagejpeg 2 28
Imagejpeg 2 29
Imagejpeg 2 30
Imagejpeg 2 31
Imagejpeg 2 32
Imagejpeg 2 33

Top Bottom