Bad Red Bitch - The Search For Red

• Thread starter Seraphim19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Seraphim19

In this thread I will be joined by a few friends for a grow off! We will be growing some 5th generation Bad Red Bitch. The strain is now in its 7th generation as I continue to try to isolate the colourful phenos.
For now we will be searching through the old stock in "The Search for Red"
Bad red bitch   the search for red

Each of us will be giving you a full run down on growing conditions, equipment used, nutrient schedules etc... so you can see just how she performs under different conditions.

You can at a minimum expect weekly updates from all of us so this is going to be a thread worth watching

Seeds are being dropped tonight so I expect my buddies will be along shortly to introduce themselves and outline their plans.

Here is a little info on the strain

Bad Red Bitch AKA Double K

The strain is made from NYC Diesel and Weapon X

The Diesel side is sativa dominant being made from a Mexican sativa and an afghani

Weapon X has been under development since 2005 and has a lot of different plants blended in to achieve the desired result.
The strains included in this baby are Early biddy, Afghan hash plant, Black domina, northern lights #5 and one of my secret base ruderalis strains

It will take around 70 days from breaking ground to harvest

She is hardy and highly tolerant of nutes(at least the nutes I use, Bio bizz)

The seeds we are using are a couple of generations back so you may not see as much colour as the current generation, as I have been breeding more colour into her, but having said that it is not that different to the current gen. The only real difference is the number of plants that turn red or purple. The power flavour and structure are all there in abundance for you

She is indica dominant and guaranteed great medication for all nerve and muscle ailments

I will be back soon with a full explanation of how I plan to grow her so until then I leave it up to my buddies to have their say.

And guys remember I covered myself so the complaints department will be closed for xmas!

DISCLAIMER - THIS IS NOT A DAYTIME SMOKE AND IS LIKELY TO PUT YOU ON YOUR ASS AND PUT ALL YOUR PLANS ON HOLD! YOU USE THIS PLANT AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND I CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE SHIT YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO DO BUT DIDNT!

str8smokn

str8smokn

Ok me first.. I will be soaking tomorrow night.
Pot size : 17" /5 gallons
Soil. : recycled. Fox Farm Ocean Forest with Perlite and EWC added
Fertilizer: Organic
: General Organics. Go Box
Additives. : Molasses
: Capps Beanies
: powdered egg shells for calcium
Lights. : 400 wt HPS
: some CFLs about 4 -42 wt blue spectrum
Grow room : 4x4 panda lined
: not finished yet Under construction still
Circulation: Fans 2- 380 Cfm venting out and some circulating fans moving air about.
I'm sure I've missed something.
STR8

Quagmire

Quagmire

Okay gang.. I'll go 1st.. a little info to start off..

I grow Organically

Room: 2ftw x 3ftd x 7fth holds 6 - 3gal pots
Lights:
400w HPS open air batwing reflector
Exhaust: 4" Can Fan w/filter 265cfm
Intake: 6" passive from A/C room, temps run around 68f to 75f
Oscillating fan for air movement.
Soil: Roots Organic Soil by Aurora
Pots: 1gal pots until sexed, then into 3gal pots to finish off grow..
Foods: Roots Buddha Grow, Bloom, Oregonism XL endo/ecto Mycorrhizae, Elemental for cal/mag, HP & HPK for bud boosters,
Trinity for micro nutrient and uptake.. a catalyst like this can by your most important nute. Uprising Bloom used once at week 6.
Strain: Bad Red Bitch, a test grow for Seraphim19
IMG 0003
IMG 0035

I started off with a water soak last night and this morning gave them all a stir again and walla.. all the seeds fell to the bottom and stayed down.
Next step, into damp paper towels/baggies and onto satellite receiver for warmth as it stays on all day & night.. lol

IMG 0015

IMG 0008

I wish everyone great luck.. I think I'll be the only one having to sex his plants. The seeds I received are all Regular seeds for my small breeding projects Seraphim has been kind enough to allow me to make F1's and even cross them as I see fit. I do this mostly for my own use so he doesn't have to worry about them getting out to the public, it's done just for fun breeding.. Let the growing begin..

Quagmire

Quagmire

I use a very light hand when it comes to feeding and usually don't give them any foods until 2wks into the grow.. for this test grow however, I think I'll put together a feeding chart to show exactly what I'll be giving them and when as my technique is probably very different from all of you.. and should make for a good all around test grow.. I was thinking we should all put up our feeding charts of what we'll each be following as a guideline.. what you guys think?

north knect

north knect

Well my BRBs will be hitting the moist paper towels tonight before bed...I will give a rundown of my specs tomorow when I get the time..well happy farming folks..this shall be epic! Lol

str8smokn

str8smokn

Here I go, watch me ,watch me .
I go with seeds in moist paper towels in baggies.
I'm going to run with 4 Bad Red Bitches..
Two Scouser's
And one Big Daddy - since this one is a feminized seed.
so I will be rocking 7 plants to start with until the sexing starts....:)
STR8

Quagmire

Quagmire

Just checked my babies and out of the 6 BRB's, 1 has a tail about 3/4" long and all the others are cracking. I tend to wait until they all have longer tails before I plant them so they don't roll over having the tap root upside down. Also I think a longer soaking in water helps older seeds push the shells off as they get softened a bit more.. probably be ready tomorrow. I also started 6 Lucky Dip, but Seraphim asked that we only put BRB info on this thread and if we want to display the others to open a separate grow thread for them.. it will help keep things from getting confusing. Tonight I'll put my pots together and water them and take photos of my technique of starting.. just my little organic process. Having fun yet.? hehe

str8smokn

str8smokn

I too just checked and I have one out of four already cracking showing a little tail. Hopefully by tomorrow they all will be ready.
I have them on a seed starter heating pad also just for the extra help.
STR8

str8smokn

str8smokn

Two have whips ,one is showing a little tail,and one still holding out.
Going to pot the two tonight after I do some cleaning up.
STR8

north knect

north knect

Well the 3 I germinated all popped and had 1/4 tails poking out..I just finished mixing my soil and planting them..so a little run down on my grow..I used promix BX amended with organic ewc,organic bone meal,kelp meal and medium chunky perlite..started off in 1 gallon plastic pots..will transplant after sexing into 3 gallons..water will be strictly distilled Spring water..my lighting for veg is 3-200watt cfls and a 180 watt mars led..my new lights will be in around the same time these will sex, purchased two 300 watt mars hydro LED panels..my space will be a closet in a Spair room..about 20"/45"/80" high..it will be lined with mylar when once my local shop reloads on there stock..I will be using GH grow/micro/bloom along with liquid cal/MG. .also have big bud,nirvana,bud candy and overdrive to play from advanced nutrients to play with..closet will be vented into the attic..will eventually hook up a 4" carbon filter with a can fan..my lighting regime will be 20/4 for veg then maybe 18-6 after stretch to save a bit more when upgrading lights..well I'm sure I've forgot somthing lol..il through pics up when they poke their heads ubove ground..happy farming folks

str8smokn

str8smokn

View attachment 538126 View attachment 538127 Ok me first.. I will be soaking tomorrow night.
Pot size : 17" /5 gallons
Soil. : recycled. Fox Farm Ocean Forest with Perlite and EWC added
Fertilizer: Organic
: General Organics. Go Box
Additives. : Molasses
: Capps Beanies
: powdered egg shells for calcium
Lights. : 400 wt HPS
: some CFLs about 4 -42 wt blue spectrum
Grow room : 4x4 panda lined
: not finished yet Under construction still
Circulation: Fans 2- 380 Cfm venting out and some circulating fans moving air about.
I'm sure I've missed something.
STR8

I need to correct my pot size:: I have changed over to 3.25 gal pots due to I have more of them sitting around.. I have also drilled 1/8"holes 1" or so above base of pot on sides.
STR8

Quagmire

Quagmire

Well, after a 24hr soak and 2 days in damp paper towels, put into baggies and placed atop a warm satellite receiver, I wound up with 1 seed with a nice long tail. Matter factly it threw the shell when I placed it into the soil. 2 others has shorties and the others showed signs of cracking with the whiteness peeking out. Yup, I've started all 6 to improve my chances of getting 3 ladies and a male worthy of donating some pollen.. I've got 15 more started so look for my other thread..
I started these 6 in 1gal nursery pots using recycled Roots Organic soil now on it's 3rd time around so I'll probably go a little bit heavier on my nutrients this grow just to be safe.
IMG 0029
IMG 0020

Reused Roots Organic soil.. my magic in my opinion
IMG 0016

IMG 0023

I add the soil and then add 1/8tsp of Oregonism XL and Gnatrol, stir it in a bit and water 1 cup each of filtered water with 1tsp Root66 per gallon. Using a wooden shishkabob stick I make seedling holes, drop seedling in and place some fresh soil atop of it.. then water lightly using a baby baster.. lol
IMG 0039

After adding just a bit of water to keep the seedlings moist they are ready to go into the room..
IMG 0045

Now it's off to the races.. I'm hoping to do some pre-flower pollination to make myself 40-100 seeds and it's nice to pollinate a few different pheno. types too.
I hope everyone has great luck in finding ladies.. rock on

S

Seraphim19

I put my seeds to soak on Friday night/Saturday morning at midnight. I put down 4 seeds and so far 2 have tails and the other 2 have cracked so it looks good!
I am very happy that we all have some cracked and with tails. The seeds were old stock so I was worried about germ rates but it all turned out ok so far.

I have potted up all my seeds in party cups so hopefully we should have some newborn pics soon.

S

Seraphim19

What do you think the odds are that I would get to start the bad red bitch test the day before a lunar eclipse that is also a blood red moon? When the test was planned I honestly didn't know the eclipse was due to happen so I am up tonight with my camera taking pictures of the blood moon. I think it will be a great logo for the strain, because I am looking into the heavens right now thinking that's one bad red bitch hanging in the sky!

Do you believe in signs?

str8smokn

str8smokn

I can not see it tonight,too cloudy I'm thinking. Now that I'm looking , no stars either.sso yes to cloudy ,that sucks.
STR8

str8smokn

str8smokn

My other two BRB have cracked with little tails. I will pot up in the morning.
STR8

Top Bottom