Bag Seed Hunting & The Lst Adventure

• Thread starter rmoltis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Well this is a different scneraio, I had given a cut of a Black Afgani Kush to my bro, he scrogged out a table of clones in hydro, in my estimation possibly his fresh air intake was too cold at night. The lower portion of the crop seeded while the tops remained untouched. Seeing this i assumed anyway that the stress of cooler air perpetuated nanners to show up. I think about wk 5-6+ we'd maybe discovered it (memory is hazy). What im getting to, is that with dense enough nugs already on the bud, nanners may not make it to the surface to be identified?

Just my minor experience with self-seeding situations... albeit not as much of a mystery as your setup,
Is it possible the plant has gone through any other stress that the others havent?

Heres to hoping for sin semilla.
So with that said and your thoughts are interesting and has me thinkin, can a bud develop a naner that doesnt make it to the outer surface of the bud and still knock that bud up??? This is one for Ripleys on Cannabis

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
So it takes 4-5 weeks for a seed to fully mature,any hiccups 2-3 weeks ago?nature will always find a way and unfortunately it only takes one sack to really mess stuff up.
I always search right at the bottom of the main cola in the middle of the secondaries.4 weeks is usually the period where intersexing happens most in my experience.
I'd wet everything down and turn up the heat and the fans to kill any pollen that might be floating around.
You still have some great rosin or bubble material there

Thanks @thunderfudge for popping in.

Once lights come on ill give it another once over. Maybe spray some water on them.

This Sunday will be start of week 8 so really I'm at the pretty much at the end already.
I probably shouldn't add heat yet at this critical juncture of the ripening stage?
Maybe after This run is done I can sterilize the flower chamber before clones go in.

This plant in question even with seeds is one of the frostiest ladies in the tent. So as I break up the buds by hand to consume/smoke. I will pick out the seeds 1 by 1. She should still turn out to be fire.

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Honestly check your local pollen counts,you could've drug something in from outside as well,you're pollen happened at the peak of cannabis pollen season.chances are it came from inside your grow,but you can't rule it out.
I saw many instagram breeders with 10 foot tall males blasting out nieghborhoods for 3 weeks at a time last year.funny thing was all his seeds went hermie,so the whole project was worth nothing,as well he probably seeded every plant within 2 Sq miles.

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Thanks @thunderfudge for popping in.

Once lights come on ill give it another once over. Maybe spray some water on them.

This Sunday will be start of week 8 so really I'm at the pretty much at the end already.
I probably shouldn't add heat yet at this critical juncture of the ripening stage?
Maybe after This run is done I can sterilize the flower chamber before clones go in.

This plant in question even with seeds is one of the frostiest ladies in the tent. So as I break up the buds by hand to consume/smoke. I will pick out the seeds 1 by 1. She should still turn out to be fire.
That's all u can do bro!

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Honestly check your local pollen counts,you could've drug something in from outside as well,you're pollen happened at the peak of cannabis pollen season.chances are it came from inside your grow,but you can't rule it out.
I saw many instagram breeders with 10 foot tall males blasting out nieghborhoods for 3 weeks at a time last year.funny thing was all his seeds went hermie,so the whole project was worth nothing,as well he probably seeded every plant within 2 Sq miles.

Definitely good for me to consider.

I keep an intake filter on my tent.
The tent is in my house which I have sealed from the outside.

Once out my front door there is a hallway to the building front door. Which is another buffer of security from pollen/pests.

I have no windows to open they are all sealed/cardboarded off (helps insulate the house+ helps me sleep in when the sun comes up in the mornings)

Is it possible I dragged some in? Possibly.

I mostly work indoors, then drive home, shower. Lights come on many hours later so no contact until late at night. I've also become a homebody in my adulthood. So I'm not out often unless I have shopping, work, chores, car maintenance to do.

I will have to keep a watchful eye on the next rounds. And keep all this info in mind.

For now I'm gonna chock it up to hermaphrodite genetics. I knew going in this particular set of seeds had a high chance of showing intersex traits. I just thought that with enough attention I could catch it before it happened. Guess I was wrong.

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Definitely good for me to consider.

I keep an intake filter on my tent.
The tent is in my house which I have sealed from the outside.

Once out my front door there is a hallway to the building front door. Which is another buffer of security from pollen/pests.

I have no windows to open they are all sealed/cardboarded off (helps insulate the house+ helps me sleep in when the sun comes up in the mornings)

Is it possible I dragged some in? Possibly.

I mostly work indoors, then drive home, shower. Lights come on many hours later so no contact until late at night. I've also become a homebody in my adulthood. So I'm not out often unless I have shopping, work, chores, car maintenance to do.

I will have to keep a watchful eye on the next rounds. And keep all this info in mind.

For now I'm gonna chock it up to hermaphrodite genetics. I knew going in this particular set of seeds had a high chance of showing intersex traits. I just thought that with enough attention I could catch it before it happened. Guess I was wrong.
So with that said and your thoughts are interesting and has me thinkin, can a bud develop a naner that doesnt make it to the outer surface of the bud and still knock that bud up??? This is one for Ripleys on Cannabis
Oh yea,forum cut would pop little interior sacks and only make a seed or 10.lolol.

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
I think hermaphrodism is a tool we don't understand yet.it can bridge the gap from extinction to preservation.

Ferns do it,5000 year old trees do it.the will to survive is strong.who are we to think in less than a lifetime,we can undo thousands of years of creation.lol.

If only 1 of 4 hermied,in the big picture,that's a pretty good average honestly.that''s better than some peoples' m/f seeds.lol.

MT.4Lready

MT.4Lready

Without experience, I would still lean towards yes. seems its an expression reguardless of where it will be formed, it'll begin growth, commonly between top buds and just poking through for itself to project its spores. However I'm sure its quite possible with the density of bud growth on hybrids these days that a nanner will start in an area that eventually gets packed by surrounding bud growth...

Everything that has been done stress wize is in my journal and applies to all 4 ladies.

But if I were to list them in order I'd say

Veg training
1.) First topping (along with branch manipulation for canopy management)
2.) Second topping (with canopy management^)
3.) Defoliating lower leaves and branches during mainlining training.

Once trained I flipped to flower.
No stress for first 3 weeks until I defoliated leaves off all 4 plants top %50 of branches.

Then at the last day of week 6 I defoliated the remaining lower half of all the ladies. Most of the leaves were very yellow and dying/wilting. They all pulled off easily with a light tug.

Watering/feeding consists of.

I feed nutrients until the soil is drenched but with minimal runoff (keep it close to 0 runoff). After watering I use the pot weight to determine when they need more usually it's 2-3 days later. But then I rotate between feed/water/feed/water etc.

I aerate my nutrients for a day or 2 before feeding so the microbes populate the jug & make things more bio available. While dissolved oxygen raises the ph closer to neutral and keeps anaerobic bacteria alive.
I also stay on the lower side of any feeding charts.

All 4 plants have been on diminishing light schedule since seedlings through the end of flower. But my photoperiod changes are all small (15mins a week in flower) and applied over a long period of time.

I'm sure there's a chance maybe a nanners never fully emerged from the flower. But I've kept a watchful eye on them throughout the whole cycle. Never to see a thing.

If there were any nanners or pollen sacs. Wouldn't it have pollinated every other plant too? I mean the clip on fan is pointed right In front of the plant in question.

Could the clip on fan have stressed the plant? It is positioned above the canopy line blowing towards the tent center keeping the canopy cool from the light created off the cooltube.

Here is a closeup shot of the SDXQ #1. It was already posted above^ but I noticed it has a potential seed in the picture.
View attachment 633883

I had briefly read your journal (by page 7 i was clamoring for bud pics), It didn't appear to me
that they were being stressed at all, some healthy plants. Just asked incase it jogged your memory of something, but your grow looks good from what I've seen.

- Direct fanning can induce stress if it's against the plant all day, and maybe it causes more stress during dark hours. I wouldn't go as far to say that's the culprit without you say its over the canopy...
------

I still wouldn't totally rule out its genetic predisposition. (I tried browsing again for some info)
Today's update.
The 2 big bagseed are both females.

The SDXQ# 1&2 are still unknown.

SDXQ#3 was removed and placed in the isolation chamber for pollen collection. Testing the stank factor in there.

I'm a novice and only offering food for thought. As you've said your not upset over it happening, and that is all you can do. It's natures choice( what a brand name, too bad it belongs to a dog food company), lest we forget :)

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I think hermaphrodism is a tool we don't understand yet.it can bridge the gap from extinction to preservation.

Ferns do it,5000 year old trees do it.the will to survive is strong.who are we to think in less than a lifetime,we can undo thousands of years of creation.lol.

If only 1 of 4 hermied,in the big picture,that's a pretty good average honestly.that''s better than some peoples' m/f seeds.lol.

I agree completely that hermaphroditism is a very useful survival tool. It is funny we think it's a bad trait. But that's only because we are breeding them for very specific reasons (drug use) lol.

This round I had 5 plants.
So 2/5 were faulty, Not bad.

Last grow out of 6. 1 died and the other 4 were hermaphrodite. So 5 out of 6 were faulty

So if I combine both grows I'm at 5/11.
5 confirmed hermaphrodites out of 11 seeds lol (the dead runt is an unknown so will not be considered)

So in the big picture my rates are still kinda low. But it is almost expected running random bagseed.

One day I'll run through all this b/s (bagseed ;)). Then there will be lower rates of plants with hermaphroditic traits (hopefully).

I better send @jumpincactus these seeds off the SDXQ #1. He was talking about how it was one of his all time favorites and he wished he kept some.

Maybe he'll have luck finding a more stable pheno. Because 1 out of 3 of my SDXQ plants actually stayed pure female the whole run. This is the SDXQ #2 which I have a clone of.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Without experience, I would still lean towards yes. seems its an expression reguardless of where it will be formed, it'll begin growth, commonly between top buds and just poking through for itself to project its spores. However I'm sure its quite possible with the density of bud growth on hybrids these days that a nanner will start in an area that eventually gets packed by surrounding bud growth...

I had briefly read your journal (by page 7 i was clamoring for bud pics), It didn't appear to me
that they were being stressed at all, some healthy plants. Just asked incase it jogged your memory of something, but your grow looks good from what I've seen.

- Direct fanning can induce stress if it's against the plant all day, and maybe it causes more stress during dark hours. I wouldn't go as far to say that's the culprit without you say its over the canopy...
------

I still wouldn't totally rule out its genetic predisposition. (I tried browsing again for some info)

I'm a novice and only offering food for thought. As you've said your not upset over it happening, and that is all you can do. It's natures choice( what a brand name, too bad it belongs to a dog food company), lest we forget :)

I appreciate any opinions and feedback anyone wishes to add.
Your comments are always welcome here.

MT.4Lready

MT.4Lready

Tool is a good word, for it's function. To me there is stigma attached to the term hermaphrodite; but Plants and animals evolved from a tree of sorts, and many species on this tree are able to asexually reproduce it's found across many species, maybe Mary, the mother of Jesus was a Hermi O_O...

I need a fresh bowl ...
wtf did I just say.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Didn't you say you suspected them of being hermie prone at the beginning of the grow?

Yup I did. Hammerhead would tend to back cross his plants with themselves using colloidal silver.

While this would in effect create a clone of the plant itself. It also strengthens the plants genetic predisposition to show intersex traits.
He then crossed it with querkle and sent out testers

Then @jumpincactus got them from hammerhead as testers. Which ended up with just 3 seeds in 1 plant which I found and took home.

Then I had 2 out of 3 seeds herm on me leaving 1 pure female.

And im assuming as the generations continue on. The rates of hermaphroditic tendencies will increase.

incogneato

incogneato

Yup I did. Hammerhead would tend to back cross his plants with themselves using colloidal silver.

While this would in effect create a clone of the plant itself. It also strengthens the plants genetic predisposition to show intersex traits.
He then crossed it with querkle and sent out testers

Then @jumpincactus got them from hammerhead as testers. Which ended up with just 3 seeds in 1 plant which I found and took home.

Then I had 2 out of 3 seeds herm on me leaving 1 pure female.

And im assuming as the generations continue on. The rates of hermaphroditic tendencies will increase.
I wasn't sure how colloidal affected herm rates. I thought it was less prone than other self pollinating herms.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I wasn't sure how colloidal affected herm rates. I thought it was less prone than other self pollinating herms.

Any time you breed a plant with itself
. You are strengthening its odds of showing intersex traits. No matter what techniques are utilized. As far as I know.

The colloidal silver has the plant produce flowers of the opposing sex. Then that pollen is used to pollinate it's own flowers. So the DNA from the pollen & from the flower are identical thus creating copies of your plant.

It will also only carry the genetics of its sex only so male/male or female/female rather that m/f. This is how feminized seeds are made.

So if you have feminized seeds just remember they have a chance of showing intersex traits on you.

incogneato

incogneato

. You are strengthening its odds of showing intersex traits. No matter what techniques are utilized. As far as I know.

The colloidal silver has the plant produce flowers of the opposing sex. Then that pollen is used to pollinate it's own flowers. So the DNA from the pollen & from the flower are identical thus creating copies of your plant.

It will also only carry the genetics of its sex only so male/male or female/female rather that m/f. This is how feminized seeds are made.

So if you have feminized seeds just remember they have a chance of showing intersex traits on you.
I knew that's how they were made but I didn't know it increased herm chances though. Good to know as everything in my tent is fem

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter

While I agree even without this treatment of colloidal silver and even using regular beans there is always a chance of a boy showing up at the gurlz pajama party. Hermaphroditic traits have been bred into our seed supply due to the use of landrace strains coming from say Thailand. Outdoor grown Thai plants are notorious for hermie traits. It is a survival last throe I must survive tactic. So over the last 30-40 years this gene trait has shown up due to crosses using thai and other hermie prone genetics.

I am not sure that this trait can ever be bred out of the DNA unless maybe you let Monsanto try some of their evil voodoo gene splicing ways. just my .2 cents

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Here is a article that covers some ground in the topic of hermies.

What is a hermaphrodite marijuana plant?
foto-1-242x300.jpg

Hermaphrodite marijuana plant

Hermaphrodite marijuana plants develop both male and female flowers. While it is a natural feature of the cannabis plant, it is an undesired trait when growing marijuana for consumption, since there is a great chance to obtain a plant full of seeds, what seriously reduces the quantity and quality of the final product.

Hermaphroditism can have 2 origins: genetic and environmental.

Genetically, some marijuana strains are more sensitive to hermaphroditism than others. This can be explained by the genetic origins of the strain – Thai sativas, for example, usually reach a high percentage of hermaphrodite plants – or also by the technique used when producing seeds (GA3,…).

Regardless its genetic sensitivity, a marijuana plant can also become hermaphrodite by the influence of stress. When it feels that the flowering conditions are too hard, hermaphroditism is an effective and natural way to shorten this period, pollinating its female flowers with the pollen of a few male clusters (usually called “bananas”).

Stress, that highly increases the risk of hermaphroditism, may have several causes, such as:

• Changes in the photoperiod, specially interruptions of the dark period during flowering
  • Too much heat (>27°C aproximately), wrong environmental conditions
  • Harvesting too late, when the grower misses the deadline for harvesting his/her plants
  • Mechanical stress: broken branches, damaged roots, pruning during flowering,…
  • Irrigation issues (lack or excess)
  • Over-fertilisation
  • Insects, mites, diseases…
  • Thermal stress (irrigating plants with cold water…)
  • Use of phytotoxic products (pesticides, fungicides…)
foto-2-910x719.jpg

Detail of a hermaphrodite marijuana bud

How to avoid hermaphrodite plants?
foto-3.jpg

Hermaphrodite marijuana bud

To avoid hermaphrodite marijuana plants, the main rule is avoiding any kind of stress during their flowering period, so we limit the risks as far as possible. Pruning and staking of the plants should be performed during their growth and/or pre-flowering stage (stretch), before the buds start developing.

In order to lower the chances to get hermaphrodite plants, you should: mantain good environmental conditions in your growing space, a perfect hygiene, regularly monitor your timers , check your plants for insects and mites, water them regularly with a balanced nutrient solution. At the end of flowering, carefully check the trichomes so you don’t miss the harvest deadline.

When you have to decide which marijuana strains to grow on your next crops, carefully read any comments from other growers on the chosen strains, as well as seedbank advices and recommendations on them, so you have all the information about these seeds and can better avoid those strains with hermaphrodite traits in their genepool. Actually, if there are too many comments about the hermaphroditism of a specific strain, the breeder him/herself often withdraws it from the market.

Regular cannabis seeds are known for being less sensitive to hermaphroditism than feminized seeds, although this is not an axiom, we must carefully check our plants for male flowers whatever the type of seed we are growing.

What to do when we find hermaphrodite marijuana plants?
foto-4.jpg

Cannabis hermaphroditism

As we mentioned before, it is very important to carefully check our plants for male flowers from the beginning of flowering. During the flowering period, these male flowers are easily observed due to their yellow colour and banana shape. We will also check for mites or insects, as well as molds, so we avoid the most common cannabis pests .

If a plant shows male and female flowers from the beginning of flowering, unfortunately we will have to eliminate it immediately from the growing space. Otherwise, it could pollinate the entire crop, transmitting the hermaphrodite trait to the offspring.

When the plant becomes hermaphrodite at full flowering, we have 2 options:

• If the plant only produces few male flowers, we can remove them with a pair of tweezers (sterilized with alcohol), spraying water on them – water sterilizes pollen – and then watching for new bananas.
  • If the plant produces numerous male flowers, we should eliminate it from the growing space.
Finally, if a marijuana plant becomes hermaphrodite at the end of flowering, we should harvest it as soon as possible, before the male flowers release their pollen.

foto-5.jpg

Detecting a hermaphrodite marijuana plant

Did you find seeds in your cannabis harvest?
foto-6-296x300.jpg

Marijuana seeds developing

If you find seeds in your harvested buds and there is not any male plant near your growing spot, it is because there was at least one hermaphrodite plant in your crop. Those male flowers that were not removed released their pollen next to the female plants. Unfortunately, once pollinated the plant focuses its energy on producing seeds, instead of producing new flowers.

As we already mentioned, these seeds coming from hermaphrodite pollen will mantain this undesirable trait, so it is recommended not to grow them.

We hope that these tips will help you to efficiently detect hermaphrodite plants, so you can get the most out of your sinsemilla marijuana crop!!

hermafrodia-910x778.jpg

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
And here is another mans thoughts and opinion on hermaphroditic plants

I'de like to take a moment to help clarify some cloudy areas pertaining to Feminized seeds and Hermaphroditism.

First and foremost, many people aren't aware that Hermaphroditism is 100% natural in flowering plants and it's an actual survival adaptation.

Cannabis is a very simple but yet very complex organism. It has many adaptational abilities that help it ensure that it's genetics will prevail, in this aspect it is very simple and similar to all other dioecious plants. The Cannabis plant is a dioecious annual angiosperm. Also known as an annual flowering plant that has either male or female sex parts. Flowering plants have long been the study of amazing survival phenomena. There are many different types of flowering plants most of which are classified into two categories, Bisexual or Unisexual. Almost all Bisexual plants are literally natural Hermaphrodites or Monoclinous. Once classified as either Bisexual or Unisexual there are many other classifications that more specifically describes the sexual situations and genetic tendancies of the species itsself.

Cannabis falls into the Unisexual category. But Cannabis is actually very unique and quite complex in the sexual aspect of plant life. Cannabis is a Dioecious species. However, It also falls into the Subdioecious family. Subdioecious is a tendency in some dioecious plants to produce monoecious variants. The plant in particular would have to normally produce male or female plants but some are hermaphroditic, with female plants producing some male or hermaphroditic flowers or vice versa. The condition is thought to represent a transition between hermaphroditism and dioecy.

Hermaphroditism is a genetic adaptation present in almost all flowering plant life. With regard to Cannabis this is even more evident as every single cannabis plant sustains the ability to turn hermaphroditic in its genes. Regardless of the male/female genetic material inside the seed.

In lamen terms, what this means is that even with regular Cannabis seeds you can still end up with a hermaphrodite because it's a reserved genetic ability.

However, there is a twist and an actual reason for it. The only way a Cannabis plant will turn hermaphroditic is if it has some type of irregular and/or sudden stressor. This stressor could be anything, from a sudden lack of nutrients all the way to light leaks. Also, different strains and genetic compounds will exhibit different stress level requirements. Meaning some genetics will hermaphrodite a lot easier than others and vice versa.

To achieve feminized seeds you have to create a genetic anomole where the male gene is completely absent but the sexual exchange still occurs... It can be any strain or genetic compound of Cannabis plant because they all contain the hormones and growth response to turn hermaphroditic but it has to be female. In order to trigger that hormone however, what has to happen is the plant must be stressed to the point that it triggers the Hermaphroditic hormonal growth response. There are numerous methods to stress a Cannabis plant to the point that it turns hermaphroditic. The most common method used amoung professional breeders is the use of Collidial Silver chemical hormone compound. Once the hormone has been triggered the plant instinctively begins to produce pollen sacs. These pollen sacs are very unique though because they do not contain any male genes. They are all female genetics. The result of pollenation from female pollen is seeds that have developed in the absence of male genes, a.k.a. feminized seeds.

The myth behind all this is that somehow by doing this it segregates the plants hermaphroditic genes and makes them more prominent. I call it a myth because it is exactly that. There is no scientific evidence that this occurs or that this phenomena even CAN occur. The hermaphroditic ability is determined in the plants genetics from the beginning of it's life as a seed... If the original plant/s genetics are naturally prone to hermaphroditism than ANY seed, feminized or not, is going to exhibit that ability based on that plants genetic tendancies and the stress levels required to trigger the hormonal response specific to that plant. There is no way to change that plants genetic compound or it's hormonal response levels. To achieve something like that would require genetic manipulation. Hermaphrodites are not genetically altered plants. They are 100% natural and carry all the original genetics of the mother plant... A feminized seed will respond the same as a normally bred seed under the same environmental stressors.

My opinion on this is that I have yet to see anyone actually try to prove this by side by side trial. However, I stand a firm ground by the side of the current scientific evidence on the issue. The only seeds I will use are feminized seeds. I wouldn't have it any other way. Throughout my cultivation experience I have indeed had a few hermies that just happened to have been sprouted from feminized seeds. However that doesn't make them any different from the hermies I got from regular seeds. Yes, I have and you can too, get a hermaphrodite from regular seeds.

Before I knew anything about genetics, botany, or feminized seeds I did like everyone else did. Just took seeds from a good bag, germinated them in paper towel, then planted them in the dirt and hoped for the best. Being inexperienced during my beginning years of cultivation my environments were always far from optimal. I had bullchit CFL setups and T5s at the time, scrappy grow boxes that weren't properly sealed off and what not. I was having horrible luck. I had more males than females half the time. And the females I did get were the sorriest excuse for a deficient plant you could imagine. Something striked me as odd one harvest when I noticed two of my ladies had beans in it! I was absolutely POSITIVE I had weeded out all the males. Needless to say I found two hermaphrodites. At the time I didn't know Cannabis plants could do that. That's when I got online and started reading about hermaphroditism. That's right, I learned and experienced my first hermaphrodites from REGULAR Cannabis seeds. I learned as much as I could about the subject after that. I started getting very serious about cultivating. I even took a Botany class to help better my understanding of plant life. Once I learned about feminized seeds, hermaphroditism and everything in between, I went femi and never looked back!

The bottom line is this. Any Cannabis plant can turn hermie. Some strains are more prone to the response than others. We cannot change that response, it is genetic.

Here's a good way to look at it also -

You can start with 10 regular seeds and end up with 10 females. Or you could end up with 10 males. Or you could end up with 9 males and 1 female. Or you can end up with 8 males, 1 hermie and 1 female. Or 9 females and 1 male. Or you could end up with 8 females, 1 hermie and 1 male. Or you could end up with 10 hermies. (LOTS of variables)

Or you can start with 10 feminized seeds and end up with 10 females. Or you could end up with 9 females and 1 hermie. Or you can end up with 8 females, 1 hermie, and uhhh, another female? Or you could end up with 10 hermies... (Only a few variables)

The point is, regardless of the hermaphroditic tendancy, by using feminized seeds you VASTLY increase your chances of a female outcome. Not to mention it can save a LOT of time by cloning those feminized plants. The actual biological proccess of inducing the hermaphroditic hormone, whether it is induced naturally or chemically, is basically an exploit on a natural occurance. But this does not mean that it's not a natural occurance to begin with.

Top Bottom