Bag Seed Hunting & The Lst Adventure

• Thread starter rmoltis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
That is quite a bit if oil from a small bud. Well grown! Dabs for kitty! Hows she holding up?

She is holding up well. She is low on energy. But she is eating a lot more and hangs out with us.

I spent $30 on a ton of single cans of food to find her favorite wet food. It helps keep her hydrated when she doesn't drink. And is easier on her digestive tract.

She ended up hating all but 2. So we stocked up on those 2 brands/flavors.
And now she craves them everytime.
It's worth it to treat her.

No real idea of time left with her. Just enjoying everyday.

Broadleaf

Broadleaf

Took these pics of The Beast for my cola's per sq ft thread. But like to keep my work consolidated in my main thread here.

View attachment 663473 View attachment 663474 View attachment 663475 View attachment 663476

I did a mild defoliation of the core today. The canopy density was insane. It was pitch black under the plant before. Now you can see light from below at least.
Damn bro I thought I had a goo
Took these pics of The Beast for my cola's per sq ft thread. But like to keep my work consolidated in my main thread here.

View attachment 663473 View attachment 663474 View attachment 663475 View attachment 663476

I did a mild defoliation of the core today. The canopy density was insane. It was pitch black under the plant before. Now you can see light from below at least.

Wow! I'm loving your method , I thought I had a good technique but that's all changed now thanks buddy !

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Damn bro I thought I had a goo

Wow! I'm loving your method , I thought I had a good technique but that's all changed now thanks buddy !

Thx chief!

It truly has been fun creating this beast. The only drawback is extended veg time.

If that doesn't bother you though, it was 58 days in veg from seed to flip.

Add another 8-10 weeks flower.
+dry and cure time of 2 weeks minimum.

I will not be bothered with the extra veg time.

I would actually not even mind growing only beasts from now on if it drastically improves yield.

The thing I was most impressed with was how fast each transitional pot size filled with roots. All the way up to the 10 gallon pot.

Once you get enough tops going. The roots just seem to explode into the soil. Consuming all available real estate.

Another word of advice.
If you do create a beast...
They get very, very hungry.
You will probably have to adjust your feed accordingly.

incogneato

incogneato

She is holding up well. She is low on energy. But she is eating a lot more and hangs out with us.

I spent $30 on a ton of single cans of food to find her favorite wet food. It helps keep her hydrated when she doesn't drink. And is easier on her digestive tract.

She ended up hating all but 2. So we stocked up on those 2 brands/flavors.
And now she craves them everytime.
It's worth it to treat her.

No real idea of time left with her. Just enjoying everyday.
Nothing wrong with that. Spoil her up and keep her medicated. Enjoy your time brotha, guess none of us really know how much time we have left...

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Nothing wrong with that. Spoil her up and keep her medicated. Enjoy your time brotha, guess none of us really know how much time we have left...

Aint that the truth.

Loved ones dying impart a change on you forever.

You tend to think "man I want to treat this loved one the best I can, and give them the best food, best everything during their final days.

Then you look back on your life with them, then anyone else, and every animal and pet you ever interacted with and you ask yourself...

Why didn't I do that my/their entire life?

From the moment you ask yourself that question. You notice you've already had the answer inside all along.

It's just a matter of realizing how special everyone and every thing that lives truly is.

It really is a gift to exist for a brief period of time to experience the physical world.

And it's trivial to waste your energy on anything other than love, happiness, and positive experiences upon you and others.

incogneato

incogneato

Aint that the truth.

You tend to think "man I want to treat this loved one the best I can, and give them the best food, best everything during their final days.

Then you look back on your life with them, then anyone else, and every animal and pet you ever interacted with and you ask yourself...

From the moment you ask yourself that question. You notice you've already had the answer inside all along.

It's just a matter of realizing how special everyone and every thing that lives truly is.

It really is a gift to exist for a brief period of time to experience the physical world.

And it's trivial to waste your energy on anything other than love, happiness, and positive experiences upon you and others.
Thats almost the exact train of thought i was having when i posted that! Peace and good vibes brotha. Ill amoke to that when i get home :smoking:

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Just wanted to take some closeups of the beast clone. They have little purple pointed needle shaped leaves sticking out of the buds.
20170130 020400
20170130 020744

Looks like even a good HO T5 light will get your gals to frost up.

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

Aint that the truth.

Sending good vibes your way man! It sounds like you have a lot going on, and you have maintained the plants very nicely! I just got back from the vet today after having to send off two biopsies of lymph nodes on my oldest dog. Hoping it's not cancer, but she is almost 10 and I don't know what else would cause the swelling. I'll be watching this thread!

I don't know that I have the space to let my plants get quite as "beastly" but I'm going to let them go for as long as possible! Today is day 45 for the big one and 33 for my small two. Trying to avoid looking at them, as I'm staring to find out dog hair is going to be a problem. Especially during flower. A lot of lint rolling going on lol

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Sending good vibes your way man! It sounds like you have a lot going on, and you have maintained the plants very nicely! I just got back from the vet today after having to send off two biopsies of lymph nodes on my oldest dog. Hoping it's not cancer, but she is almost 10 and I don't know what else would cause the swelling. I'll be watching this thread!

I don't know that I have the space to let my plants get quite as "beastly" but I'm going to let them go for as long as possible! Today is day 45 for the big one and 33 for my small two. Trying to avoid looking at them, as I'm staring to find out dog hair is going to be a problem. Especially during flower. A lot of lint rolling going on lol

Thanks for the good vibes :)

Hope your tests come back clear.

Yes the hair! My tents need intake filters just to keep the floating dust & cat hair off the buds lol.

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

Thanks for the good vibes :)

Hope your tests come back clear.

Yes the hair! My tents need intake filters just to keep the floating dust & cat hair off the buds lol.
My room is pretty air tight, even with the 4" ducting, so no matter how slowly I open the door, air, along with Australian shepherd fuzz goes flying in. No matter how much brushing, sweeping, lint rolling I do. I can't stand seeing just one single hair anywhere on my plants, and the buds will most likely be like velcro!

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

HO T5's are a force to be reckoned with! I love mine. They are good lights for sure.
I'm thinking about using the hortilux line in my veg/clone area with the Mars Hydro that I've been using in my flower area. I'm replacing it win a cob fixture hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. I'm think 2 FS + UV a 420 and a 440 + the panels would be plenty to get 6-8 babies(clones or seedlings) and 3-4 going in veg.

incogneato

incogneato

My room is pretty air tight, even with the 4" ducting, so no matter how slowly I open the door, air, along with Australian shepherd fuzz goes flying in. No matter how much brushing, sweeping, lint rolling I do. I can't stand seeing just one single hair anywhere on my plants, and the buds will most likely be like velcro!
That bunt dog hair terp profile...lol

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I did the 2nd half of my mild core defoliation. I split up the job to help reduce the acute stress on the plant.

But here is the Beast in her defoliated glory. You can really see all the main cola's better now.
20170130 170202

20170130 170219

As you can see in some of the pics I used pipe cleaners and used branch pressure to spread the cola's apart to ensure even light delivery.
20170130 170431

20170130 170457

20170130 170551

20170130 170628

She is "21 at the tallest point, "20 on average. And if you count the 8 inches of flattened branches reaching from the trunk to the pot edge on all sides.

That means the Bush was equivalent to a "29 tall plant.

Here are some low quality shots of the accent plants. The mozarella here is growing fastest.
20170130 170259

Here is the purple haze auto not far behind in flower compared to the others.
20170130 170337

And here is the amnesia lemon. The picture is bad but the plants bud sites are looking good.
20170130 170408

F

FooDoo

My buddy who doesn't grow after all these years finally showed me a secret seed stash he collected during the 90s that consisted of 3,000 beans. He did me a solid and tossed me some

These are very old and from all random strains with no clue what they were called.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and pop them sometime at the end of the year

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
My buddy who doesn't grow after all these years finally showed me a secret seed stash he collected during the 90s that consisted of 3,000 beans. He did me a solid and tossed me some

View attachment 664031

These are very old and from all random strains with no clue what they were called.

That's pretty awesome!

I bet you find some keepers in there for sure.

mandalaman

mandalaman

Here is the return.
View attachment 663308

Original dry weight was 7.65g
That is a %23.66 return off the big bagseed #1. That is a % I consider to be potent :).

It's no lab analyses but I believe the oil yield is an indicator of potency.
I.e. I grew %23 bagseed :). But that %23 covers all the cannabinoids in the oil not just thc.

This batch is a little harder than other batches. It was part powder, part oil on the dish. It took some elbow grease to work them all together and consolidate off of the pan. The result is a nice stable rso slab.

It can now be eaten, cooked with, used topically, or you can just dab it on your nail if you want to smoke.

If you go to Rick Simpsons webpage it says you can use %99iso to make the "phoenix tears"/Rick Simpson oil.

But I just take my buds, blend them in the magic bullet to dust. Then full with iso and blend for 30 seconds.

I then let the solids settle and I pour off the liquid. Leaving the solids in the cup to be washed a 2nd time in the bullet another 30 seconds.

Then I add all together in a mason jar using a coarse strainer to catch the big solids.

I then add my leftover solids to my mason jar of washed scraps & resin sitting in iso.

I take the fresh iso wash and run it through coffee filters to catch the fine solids. I then do a 2nd run through the coffee filters for good measure.

Make sure to be generous with your iso. Better to use too much then not enough leaving good stuff behind.

I then heat purge over a hot water bath on low heat until the thin film has purged the iso.

Once done cool down, consolidate & enjoy.
View attachment 663309
Nice!! Thanks for posting.

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

View attachment 664031

Hmmm this gets me thinking about the 20 or so bagseeds I've collected out of the bags the last few years. They should all be good strains grown by a friend of mine. would definitely be fun to experiment with!

I need to stop worrying about what I'm going to order next, and see how far I can get with what I already have!

mandalaman

mandalaman

I did the 2nd half of my mild core defoliation. I split up the job to help reduce the acute stress on the plant.

But here is the Beast in her defoliated glory. You can really see all the main cola's better now.
View attachment 664018

View attachment 664019
As you can see in some of the pics I used pipe cleaners and used branch pressure to spread the cola's apart to ensure even light delivery.
View attachment 664020

View attachment 664021

View attachment 664022

View attachment 664023

She is "21 at the tallest point, "20 on average. And if you count the 8 inches of flattened branches reaching from the trunk to the pot edge on all sides.

That means the Bush was equivalent to a "29 tall plant.

Here are some low quality shots of the accent plants. The mozarella here is growing fastest.
View attachment 664024

Here is the purple haze auto not far behind in flower compared to the others.
View attachment 664025

And here is the amnesia lemon. The picture is bad but the plants bud sites are looking good.
View attachment 664026
They're sexy and they know it. Bow bow now bow bow banow.

Looking great man. Looking great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom