• Start date
  • Tagged users None
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Some snaps of the beast clone.
She seems to be frosting up nicely.
It's interesting how identical plants can look and smell different flowering under different spectrums.

20170201 034557
20170201 034624
20170201 034811

That last pic looks a little ragged. It's because I readjusted the pipe cleaners.
And did a light defoliation.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Here is some info thought you all may be able to use concerning boiling points of terpenes and cannabinoids. Enjoy.

Cannabinoids and Terpenes in Cannabis – Boiling Points and Benefits

What exactly are the essential oils that we are extracting from the cannabis plant, and what are their properties?

Here is a nifty list that I scored off ICMag, posted by Spurr, who used http://cannabis-med.org/data/pdf/2001-03-04-7.pdf as his information source:

?-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) Boiling point: Lots of sources saying 157C / 315 degree Fahrenheit but Merck says 200C @0.02, and that is is about where it comes over with the rest of the C-21 sized molecules during short path distillation. Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD) Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN) Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

cannabichromene (CBC) Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

cannabigerol (CBG) Boiling point: MP52 Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

?-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (?-8-THC) Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Resembles ?-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV) Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

Terpenoid essential oils, their boiling points, and properties

ß-myrcene Boiling point: 166-168*C / 330.8-334.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Analgesic. Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antimutagenic

ß-caryophyllene Boiling point: 119*C / 246.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, Cytoprotective (gastric mucosa), Antimalarial

d-limonene Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Cannabinoid agonist?, Immune potentiator, Antidepressant, Antimutagenic

linalool Boiling point: 198*C / 388.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Sedative, Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, Immune potentiator

pulegone Boiling point: 224*C / 435.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Memory booster?, AChE inhibitor, Sedative, Antipyretic

1,8-cineole (eucalyptol) Boiling point: 176*C / 348.8 degree Fahrenheit Properties: AChE inhibitor, Increases cerebral, blood flow, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antiviral, Antiinflammatory, Antinociceptive

a-pinene Boiling point: 156*C / 312.8 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, Bronchodilator, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antineoplastic, AChE inhibitor

a-terpineol Boiling point: 217-218*C / 422.6-424.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Sedative, Antibiotic, AChE inhibitor, Antioxidant, Antimalarial

terpineol-4-ol Boiling point: 209*C / 408.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: AChE inhibitor. Antibiotic

p-cymene Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antibiotic, Anticandidal, AChE inhibitor

Flavonoid and phytosterol components, their boiling points, and properties

apigenin Boiling point: 178*C / 352.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Anxiolytic, Antiinflammatory, Estrogenic

quercetin Boiling point: 250*C / 482 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antioxidant, Antimutagenic, Antiviral, Antineoplastic

cannflavin A Boiling point: 182*C / 359.6 degree Fahrenheit Properties: COX inhibitor, LO inhibitor

ß-sitosterol Boiling point: 134*C / 273.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, 5-a-reductase, inhibitor

https://skunkpharmresearch.com/cannabinoid-info/

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
beautiful bro...they gonna blow up hehe ...great work~

Thanks boss.

The stretch has almost stopped.
Tallest cola is 21".

Funny thing is that it is the one in the corner furthest distance from the light.

Guess all you need to be a big tall main dominant cola is having the biggest stem girth of all the branches.

Being in the center closest to the most intense portion of the light helps but I guess it's not needed to become the biggest/tallest.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Time for my next batch of rso.
I'm using my big bagseed#2 now.
Breaking out the private reserve tops.
20170201 182702

20170201 182846

20170201 182917

20170201 182935

20170201 183845

14.57gram input weight
20170201 184308

20170201 184329

Here is it all turned to a semi sticky pile of ground up deliciousness. The smell after opening the lid was very potent
20170201 184732

After filling with iso and blending for 30 sec I strained it through the course strainer into the jar. Added the strained matter back into iso and did a 2nd 10 second blend in the bullet. Strained it into the mix.
20170201 185536

Once done I strained it all through layered coffee filters into a clean Mason jar. The leftovers went into my soaking iso jar full of leftover things.

Today I stuck the iso washed in the freezer. I'm going to attempt winterizing to see if/how much it makes a difference.

It's only the extra step of letting the wash cool in the freezer then running through coffee filters one last time.

I'll post some follow up as it progresses.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I don't grind when I use ISO. Disrupts the cell walls and makes chlorophyll easier to be grabbed by the solvent. Any reason you grind @rmoltis?

I like the efficiency of the extraction.
I aim for max yield using as little solvent as possible.

I make smoothies out of the leaves and I eat buds raw. So I believe if my body can process the nutrients from the plant matter. Then it can process that same stuff in the oil when ingested.

Rick Simpsons recipe recommends using a wood stick and mashing up the plant matter to break open the cells and allow a fuller extraction.

Just think how everyone smokes the flower.

Now just think even with my ground up buds yielding %23 last extraction.
It removed %77 of the plant matter.
It is so refined comparatively that the extra %1-2% of leftover plant matter really isn't as big a deal people make it out to be.

This is the final solution. It is almost chilled all the way.
20170201 204553

Last edited:
jipp

jipp

this is what i get for 60.00.
yours looks much better,, mine seems to commercial. hah. check out the slick package.

tempted to drop a drop on a bud.. but yeah im trying to feel well enough to go and make some butter. the guy at the dispensary said 2TBspn sound to potent. hah. im like everything on that shelf does not work. so im willing to have my ass handed to me.

chris.

IMG 0293   Copy
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
this is what i get for 60.00.
yours looks much better,, mine seems to commercial. hah. check out the slick package.

tempted to drop a drop on a bud.. but yeah im trying to feel well enough to go and make some butter. the guy at the dispensary said 2TBspn sound to potent. hah. im like everything on that shelf does not work. so im willing to have my ass handed to me.

chris.

Yo, when they tell you it's too much it'll be just right :D .

Can't wait to see how your experience turns out. I wish the best for you. Positive vibes it works for you. This will be your real test.

Some people just need heavy duty dosages.

Last edited:
jipp

jipp

so i made some butter man.. i hope i did it right.. took me 20 damn minutes and 2 tbs of butter to get the temp right.. what a bitch.. i then put the gram into the butter.. but it did not carb.. so i can only assume because its already pre carb.. or what not. but i think it should be fine.. i did let the oil soak in the 215 temp for a minute or so more like 2 and half mins or so, only a few bubbles came up if you could call them that. then put it into a plastic container, then fridge.

hopefully i did it right.. would be much easier with a full stick.. was so hard to get a temp reading. hah

my luck i was suppose to wait 10 minutes or something. hopefully i did not throw 60 bucks away. laughs

chris.

mandalaman

mandalaman

I like the efficiency of the extraction.
I aim for max yield using as little solvent as possible.

I make smoothies out of the leaves and I eat buds raw. So I believe if my body can process the nutrients from the plant matter. Then it can process that same stuff in the oil when ingested.

Rick Simpsons recipe recommends using a wood stick and mashing up the plant matter to break open the cells and allow a fuller extraction.

Just think how everyone smokes the flower.

Now just think even with my ground up buds yielding %23 last extraction.
It removed %77 of the plant matter.
It is so refined comparatively that the extra %1-2% of leftover plant matter really isn't as big a deal people make it out to be.

This is the final solution. It is almost chilled all the way.
View attachment 664658

Oh, yes i forgot you were making RSO which does speak to the synergy of extracting the whole plant I get that. Makes sense to me and you know what works for you!! :)

mandalaman

mandalaman

so i made some butter man.. i hope i did it right.. took me 20 damn minutes and 2 tbs of butter to get the temp right.. what a bitch.. i then put the gram into the butter.. but it did not carb.. so i can only assume because its already pre carb.. or what not. but i think it should be fine.. i did let the oil soak in the 215 temp for a minute or so more like 2 and half mins or so, only a few bubbles came up if you could call them that. then put it into a plastic container, then fridge.

hopefully i did it right.. would be much easier with a full stick.. was so hard to get a temp reading. hah

my luck i was suppose to wait 10 minutes or something. hopefully i did not throw 60 bucks away. laughs

chris.
If anything you under did it. The bubbles are the THCa being converted to activated THC (and other similar decarboxylations) and releasing CO2. Reference the boiling points above.

When I make my oil with coconut oil sometimes I'll go for a couple hours at that temp. Check out skunkpharm for a chart on times. I'll try and dig it up when I get a chance.

So personally I would reheat it and wait for a lot of bubbling. Then when it slows some again you're good to go n

jipp

jipp

If anything you under did it. The bubbles are the THCa being converted to activated THC (and other similar decarboxylations) and releasing CO2. Reference the boiling points above.

When I make my oil with coconut oil sometimes I'll go for a couple hours at that temp. Check out skunkpharm for a chart on times. I'll try and dig it up when I get a chance.

So personally I would reheat it and wait for a lot of bubbling. Then when it slows some again you're good to go n
damn it. well it was so hard to get that temp.. i wont be able to do it again with out screwing it up.. lesson learn damn it. should of bought another 1/8 i guess. laughs

Top Bottom