Ballin' On a Budget- THE RECIPE

• Thread starter BillFarthing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MJgrass

Lots of mention about silica. I too dress with a plant called horsetail.
Researchers believe that horsetail's bone-remodeling effect is mostly due to its high silica content. In fact, up to 25% of its dry weight is silica. No other plant boasts as high of a concentration of this mineral

I have had no issues with ph. And it grows abundantly where I’m located. You can make horsetail tea and drink it yourself too!!

3 balls

3 balls

1) MKP is ok, but easy to overdo the phosphorus. I prefer Homemade Hammerhead. It's a gram per gallon or roughly a tsp. in a 5 gallon bucket.
2) No idea.

If you must use a hydro store (bleh) Grow Green MI has the best prices.
I finally got around to making some Homemade Hammerhead using Bill's recipe. If anybody out there is using it as well, I'm curious how much, if any you pull back on the 3/2/1?

Anthem

Anthem

I finally got around to making some Homemade Hammerhead using Bill's recipe. If anybody out there is using it as well, I'm curious how much, if any you pull back on the 3/2/1?
Hello 3 balls. I did some research on this and I have been running this recipe along with the HMMH. The dosage is 1 gram per gallon weeks 4-6 and no changes to the basic recipe.
There are some other tweaks you can try. Shoot me a PM and I will let you know

420hobbygrower

420hobbygrower

Hello 3 balls. I did some research on this and I have been running this recipe along with the HMMH. The dosage is 1 gram per gallon weeks 4-6 and no changes to the basic recipe.
At your convenience, if it's not too much trouble, would you mind sharing any other tweaks you'd rec? 😬 Or PM me if you prefer?

sportyridr

sportyridr

ohhhh...do tell 🙂

hmmm...I'm only running HH @ 1gr/gal for ONE week in week 5 or 6 depending on strain...this is based on Bill's advice back on page 6 or whatever page it was.

🤔 is there any extra gains made in running HH it any longer?...

I'd be interested in hearing what others are doing

pilto

pilto

I would also love to hear these secret tweaks. I dropped FoxFarm and switched to this recipe when the pandemic hit because I was worried about availability of nutrients. And the price is nice as well.
I have some left over FoxFarm dry nutrients (Open Sesame, Cha Ching, Beastie Bloomz) and though I had switched to the Jack's 321 + PowerSi + Fulvic for my base nutrient, I didn't want to let those go to waste so I used them at about 1/4 strength in flower for the first 6 weeks.

All I can say is HOLY SHIT. Excuse my french but I do believe I have become my best dealer ever. Seriously. Would love to hear what others are doing to tweak this a bit. I know some like this Youtube dude named Mr. Green Jeans also uses Tribus and some of that rooting stuff, but are we talking 1-2% increases? Because switching from Fox Farm bottles to this hybrid of Jack's 321 + light application of the FoxFarm dry nutrients in flower have really blown me away.

Are there other things I can add? Not ready for CO2 or anything but i would love to hear what other people are finding successful.

420hobbygrower

420hobbygrower

Green planet massive for the triacontanol in it from week 1-5 flower is what ill be doing. I can tell you it will increase the bulk and stretch alot.

Heard some reports of lower thc if run to the end as many who use it do. I cannot confirm that but do believe that’s possible
Ok, nice.. I actually have a bottle of that from my first run, but didn't use it this run.

420hobbygrower

420hobbygrower

I'ma tell on you! HAHA, JK. I assume this is your PK boost? Much like my Beastie Bloomz? I was thinking of switching over to the Hammerhead Replacement recipe in the wiki once my current batch of overpriced FoxFarm stuff gets used up.
Also curious about this.. I did the homemade HH this run, and omitted the GP Massive this run - mostly because I didn't want to complicate things too much and I don't fully understand everything.

sportyridr

sportyridr

Green planet massive for the triacontanol in it from week 1-5 flower is what ill be doing. I can tell you it will increase the bulk and stretch alot.

Heard some reports of lower thc if run to the end as many who use it do. I cannot confirm that but do believe that’s possible

I have a bottle of it, prob expired but I started using some this week on a test Bruce Banner plant in week 4 @1ml/gal + .5ml HH w/ Jack's @ 1.2ec and going from there.

Not interested in anymore stretch hence me waiting till week 4 to use...

I am doing really well with the Jack's as recommended here, all I would like is a bit more bulk...I broke out the Massive again to try hoping I may see some improvement :)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'ma tell on you! HAHA, JK. I assume this is your PK boost? Much like my Beastie Bloomz? I was thinking of switching over to the Hammerhead Replacement recipe in the wiki once my current batch of overpriced FoxFarm stuff gets used up.
Nope i use it strictly for the triacontanol it contains. Its a natural PGR (plant growth regulator) derived from some species of kelp, alfalfa, bees wax.

Not the nasty PGRs we all think of.

pilto

pilto

Nope i use it strictly for the triacontanol it contains. Its a natural PGR (plant growth regulator) derived from some species of kelp, alfalfa, bees wax.

Not the nasty PGRs we all think of.
So is this your humic source? I have been using Recharge every other feeding up until second week of flower cause I read somewhere that humic can lower the THC production...have you ever heard such a thing and is it just me or is there some overlap between Recharge and Massive?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So is this your humic source? I have been using Recharge every other feeding up until second week of flower cause I read somewhere that humic can lower the THC production...have you ever heard such a thing and is it just me or is there some overlap between Recharge and Massive?
I use it strictly for the triacontanol… not for and of the NPK, fulvics or humics or aminos

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
@Aqua Man is there a scientific trial available somewhere involving measurements of CO2 in the rhizosphere in relation to a growth inhibitory effect.
Do the CO2 levels maybe reach a peak and become toxic, maybe to MOs more strongly...?

Regarding the triac:
The dillution effect is been spoken of in a few studies I read so far. There was one with it about how high-N reduces Cannabinoid-levels. But it was from a relatively unfavourable increase in inner budmass... the net-cannabinoid mass didn't change like that.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Recharge every other feeding up until second week of flower cause I read somewhere that humic can lower the THC production..
that arises out of a famous study, which hitherto has been criticised. they did greatly overapply the humic acids.
still, there could be something to it. it's that quantity vs quality thing

Top Bottom