Banana Manna?

• Thread starter outwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dynamite

Dynamite

Question for folks using Banana Manna

Do you use it at the suggested rate of 1oz per gallon ?

Do you apply every feeding ?

Is it used during the flush process ?

What weeks of flower are you applying it ?

I used it at 1/2 strength , weeks 5-8 on a 9 week cycle -

I just bought some for my current run and am curious of other folks application rates and timing of - thanks

dankworth

dankworth

I used it for wk 6-8, 1 oz/gal. (9 weeker)
Then I started using it wk 7-8.
Every feeding.
I wonder what would happen if I carefully foliar'ed it on remaining fan leaves instead of a root zone application.
Hopefully it would be a sufficient input to provoke the reaction we are looking for.

I believe I can duplicate or exceed the performance of Banana Manna with matching some of the ingredients from other sources.
Concentrates, inc has kelp and humic(an mf'ing everything else)
Dip n grow has iba/naa
NAA makes superthrive be superthrive
Get some b-1
chitosan/salicylic acid combo
Like the old scorpion juice from AN
I need to play with that stuff again.
It did cause the glands on harvested material to be different.
Like when you talk about getting the bling, but then losing it upon harvest
These gland differences remained.
Switching to MH at the end, with your open vertizontals would cause your blingage to go through the roof. Much better than mh blocked by glass.

Say, how do you prevent rot in your dtw rockwool system?
How often does your system shit the bed?
Just kidding. ;)

Props to Dynamite for his work here. I have talked about what can be done with what, people say "bullshit" and then I point them to your thread.

I do like 1 week between last application and beginning of harvest.

Why don't you kick down some more of those trade secrets while you're here, Dynamite.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
How I'm using it

Do you use it at the suggested rate of 1oz per gallon ?

Do you apply every feeding ?

Is it used during the flush process ?

What weeks of flower are you applying it ?

I used it at 1/2 strength , weeks 5-8 on a 9 week cycle -

I just bought some for my current run and am curious of other folks application rates and timing of - thanks

I'm using it half strength, once a week, starting in week 5, and plan to use it during flush. No real experience otherwise.

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Thought I would bump this thread. Been using banana manna for the past 3 runs and swear by it. I'm always getting complimented on the flavor and aroma of my flowers. I'm now using it full strength through the entire flowering period. Plants look and smell amazing.

outwest

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I'd like to run this next to sugar daddy by techniflora, There's something in that mag sulfate additive that really adds the cream to the crop. On the bottle it just says cane sugar extract but it destroys botanicare sweet (which has almost the same stats on the label)

unbelievable trich production and a really pungent vanilla/cream undertone on everything. makes the buds greasy instead of sticky and you can taste the terpines on your finger if you rub a plant (haven't had the bad sense to lick a bud yet...but been so tempted...)
I've always wondered if there's a secret ingredient in there...

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
unbelievable trich production and a really pungent vanilla/cream undertone on everything.

Interesting. In my experience there is no element of commonality in the terpene profile across various strains because of the use of Banana Manna. Similarly to your experiences with Sugar Daddy, I find that weed grown in the jacks/cal nit combo that many commercial ops use has and element of similarity in flavors and aromas because of that method. Thanks for your input. I'd love to see your side by side.

Not sure if you saw this earlier in the thread, but Banana Manna has rooting hormones in it among other things.

outwest

tweedy

tweedy

So I believe I've found the reasons why Banana Manna work and I also believe I have found a free patent online to get us stepping in the right direction to reproducing it for cheap.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5989559.html

The quick parts that stick out that you should make note of:
1) Have to use oxidized banana peels
2)1 gram of banana peel to around 4.5 ml of isopropyl.

The reason it's useful for us in gardening is it's same use in Sunscreen. It helps absorb UV spectrums because of 3,3,5-trimethylcyclohexyl salicylate. Hence the enhanced flavors, look, etc.

K

kushtrees

According to the Oregon state database banana manna has no rooting hormones or humic acid it's just says banana extract.

I didn't know that about banana extract though very cool may have to try this

tweedy

tweedy

It would make a lot more sense as to why Dankworth's dick knocker round happened too. The high UV content of the Horti blue's and the increased efficiency of the plant's response to the rays available. Ah, I love figuring out how to make good weed possible, ha.

dankworth

dankworth

It would make a lot more sense as to why Dankworth's dick knocker round happened too. The high UV content of the Horti blue's and the increased efficiency of the plant's response to the rays available. Ah, I love figuring out how to make good weed possible, ha.
I have wondered about that. On that run the horti blue was in a reflector with glass that allegedly takes out the uv. When I ran the horti blue vert for a bit this other time, I got a sunburn quick as shit by having it level with my face 4-5 feet away. Implies UV I think. Hard to say how much uv, if any, passed through the glass on that one amazing run.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Irie! Eye and i! Spleef time.

outwest

tweedy

tweedy

I have wondered about that. On that run the horti blue was in a reflector with glass that allegedly takes out the uv. When I ran the horti blue vert for a bit this other time, I got a sunburn quick as shit by having it level with my face 4-5 feet away. Implies UV I think. Hard to say how much uv, if any, passed through the glass on that one amazing run.

Hm, now we get into the question of which UV can pass through glass that would potentially effect potency. I know JK was saying that he has his T100's but I can't remember what specific nm those are but they increased complexity of the buds. Anyone have a horti blue 1000 box available to them? I only have the 400 which is a different spectrum than the 1000 that DW ran.

K

kuz

Is this serious, or am I the only dumb ass soaking a banana peel in iso?

30 grams of peel, 140 ml of alcohol. No idea how much of it to use. It only cost about a quarter so not much risk.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Is this serious, or am I the only dumb ass soaking a banana peel in iso?

30 grams of peel, 140 ml of alcohol. No idea how much of it to use. It only cost about a quarter so not much risk.

I just did a global scan, and it turns out you are the only one soaking banana peels in ISO currently. Please let us know what happens. The world is waiting.

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Actually I got some rotting bananas and an extra bottle of ISO. I'm in!

outwest

K

kuz

I keep thinking back to the time a friend convinced me we should try smoking dried banana peels, didnt do anything so we tried smoking old dried out chewing tobacco, man that was nasty, enough fun for one day.

K

kuz

I let the peel soak overnight, liquid is yellow. Supposed to turn black when its ready.

tweedy

tweedy

I'm excited to see people's results! Thank you for being willing to experiment fellow farmers, I don't have time for half of the stuff I think of nor the amount of plants necessary either, ha.

Top Bottom