Banana Manna?

• Thread starter outwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tweedy

tweedy

For what it's worth if anyone is looking to experiment with a few others (I know there is a Fermented Plant Extracts thread so I don't want to get too off topic from the Nanners, ha) I was looking at the SNS supplement for Grow and Bloom and they are just Carrot and Raddish extract. Tons of micro nutrients but not sure what else magic is in there, I just know I like SNS as a company.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Anyone have an update??

None here. However, I just started doing some digging on methods for increasing essential production and have found some interesting stuff, based in science from other areas of agriculture. One of them was touched on in this thread. I'll start a separate thread.

One underlying notion, aside from any additive or gimmick, a healthy vigorous plant will produce essential oils vigorously..

outwest

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

sometimes i add un-composted banana peel scrapings along with other fruit scraps in my teas (varies seasonally, container in the freezer til there's enough). no science, but the meds are always nice. i use lots of other tricks too, hard to know what's doing what..

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

Yeh El Cerebro I have heard of using fruit teas to flush with to to help impart some extra flavor profiles at the end. Have not tried it but if something similar works for you then I might give it more thought.

PnL

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

None here. However, I just started doing some digging on methods for increasing essential production and have found some interesting stuff, based in science from other areas of agriculture. One of them was touched on in this thread. I'll start a separate thread.

One underlying notion, aside from any additive or gimmick, a healthy vigorous plant will produce essential oils vigorously..

outwest

Hey bro do you use BM every feeding? or once weekly?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Use it weekly a full strength 1 oz per gallon.

I think using composted fruit extracts is effective because it has one of 2 ingredients scientifically proven to increase essential oil production, methyl jasmonate or jasmonic acid. Wonder of that is the secret ingredient in out beloved banana manna?

outwest

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Use it weekly a full strength 1 oz per gallon.

I think using composted fruit extracts is effective because it has one of 2 ingredients scientifically proven to increase essential oil production, methyl jasmonate or jasmonic acid. Wonder of that is the secret ingredient in out beloved banana manna?

outwest
good stuff.and their coco cat for stress.good stuff

K

kuz

I put the banana extract in the knockoff scorpion juice. Wont be able to do a side by side until I'm done popping seeds though.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Yeh El Cerebro I have heard of using fruit teas to flush with to to help impart some extra flavor profiles at the end. Have not tried it but if something similar works for you then I might give it more thought.

PnL
lol gatorade always works during the flush if you want to go that way..... had a heri cut thats potency was out of this world, but tasted like harsh dirty socks.... add whatever flavor you want, like couple ounces per gal of water. you'd be suprised....

it wont bring out any more flavor but if you have a bland strain that you want some taste in.... go for it haha

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

i don't think any flavors are directly 'passed through' per se (in fact to be polite, i think it's ludicrous). that's not why i do the fruit thing, it's mainly about the sugars. i've also read along the same lines as Outwest re jasmonate/etc..

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

Fair enough. It sorda makes sense that some flavor by way of certain terpenes and acids could be there after uptake but maybe not. I respect what yer sayin'. So u use it more for added carbs for the plant. Doesn't that Banana Mana give some Banana flavor due to the concentrated terpenes of the banana extract in it? Thanks guys.

PnL

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Fair enough. It sorda makes sense that some flavor by way of certain terpenes and acids could be there after uptake but maybe not. I respect what yer sayin'. So u use it more for added carbs for the plant. Doesn't that Banana Mana give some Banana flavor due to the concentrated terpenes of the banana extract in it? Thanks guys.

PnL

Apparently it has hormonal extracts from several tropical fruits. Again, not to impart fruit flavor, but the hormones illicit a response in the plant that trigger it to produce more resin/aroma/flavor.

There is a a family of mychorrizal fungi that illicit the se response.

outwest

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

PnL, just to be clear i meant no direct flavors reminiscent of the actual fruit, but yes i think these things do contribute to overall profile by doing their thing. that being said, i'm not a 'believer' of the 'carbs' story dished out by the hydroscam industry. and if bmanna imparted any banana flavor to my meds there's no way in hell i would use it..

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Apparently it has hormonal extracts from several tropical fruits. Again, not to impart fruit flavor, but the hormones illicit a response in the plant that trigger it to produce more resin/aroma/flavor.

There is a a family of mychorrizal fungi that illicit the se response.

outwest

1/2 oz per gallon? fuck. I'm gonna need more bottles. Can I just crown feed this in a RDWC system..?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
1/2 oz per gallon? fuck. I'm gonna need more bottles. Can I just crown feed this in a RDWC system..?

It's actually a whole damn oscar per gallon!!! RDWC? You know me Cap, I am but a simple dirt farmer. It claims to have 0 ppm, not sure how that's possible. Can you test it and report back? I don't own a ec/ppm pen. Just curious.

Using it once a week at full strength for the second half of flower (4ish weeks), you should see a difference.

Did you look into the arburusculsar mycorrhizae? I know it's in your nute pack, but I'd love to better understand how to use it for essential oil production.

outwest

sky high

sky high

Hey guys....found some info on this product.

Something else I couldn't find was whether or not such esters would have to be listed on...say...a fertilizer label? Why I say this is that I have always thought that the smell of almost all Botanicare products was the same general smell that is given off by Banana Manna. Anyone else notice this? The BM label states .001% Banana Extract. The Botanicare labels have no mention I can see of either an ester or banana extract or any other fragrance in the product....thus, the question.

Top Bottom