Baphomet's Danky Dungeon Grow, Take 2 (Bacio Gelato x Gushers)

• Thread starter bellumromanum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bellumromanum

bellumromanum

So the plants finally took a small turn for the better. I didn't get pics (of course) but it was their last chance to shape up before getting culled so it was cool to see. I let them get real good and thirsty:

Then put some fresh water with a little EM1 in the res, and a little compost on top of the soil. I'll get some pics at next lights on but all except the front left plant were standing up happy at last lights on.

Right now the part of my setup that's bringing me the most joy is the veg tent. I'm super happy with the T5 fixture @ReeferRon recommended (thanks dude and thanks @MIMedGrower for the sanity check on the T5 veg light) and so is literally everything else in the tent.

Got the two Category 7 seedlings in their fabric pots and a dozen or so clones from the Bombolone plants I'm this close >< to starting over in the propagation dome on top of a temp controlled seedling mat. Also brewing a tea cause vegging bitches love tea and I have the room for that shit. Gonna build a little table for the plants and things so I don't have to bend over so much.

I forgot how cool it is to see positive new growth and changes every time you open the door. Started a couple more seeds to get plants flowing into the flower room steadily. Two Cataract Kush and two Purple Punch while we get the space dialed. Figured why not use some freebies for that purpose?

When I'm feeling real good about it I'll start the Holy Grail Kush beans

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
My LABS...
Clean some rice and save the water from the first rinse.
Put that rice water in a warm (room temp) dark place... The cabinet above my refrigerator works for me.
Loosely cover it and let it sit a few days to a week.
Add whole milk to the rice water in equal parts.
Again, loosely cover and let sit a few days to a week.
Strain off the cheese curds and save the liquid.
Mix that liquid with equal parts unsulphured molasses.
Done.

I store all but the jar I'm using in the fridge, but with that much molasses it's probably not even necessary.

Last edited:
Hortulanus

Hortulanus

My LABS...
Clean some rice and save the water from the first rinse.
Put that rice water in a warm (room temp) dark place... The cabinet above my refrigerator works for me.
Loosely cover it and let it sit a few days to a week.
Add whole milk to the rice water in equal parts.
Again, loosely cover and let sit a few days to a week.
Strain off the cheese curds and save the liquid.
Mix that liquid with equal parts unsulphured molasses.
Done.

I store all but the jar I'm using in the fridge, but with that much molasses it's probably not even necessary.

then how come when I did it I made what looked and smelled like a dead xenomorph?! 🤣

you mix equal rice wash to milk eh? I’ll try that next time I have been doing 1 part rice wash to 10 parts milk because I saw it in a Chris trump video but I’m getting way more curds than whey.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
then how come when I did it I made what looked and smelled like a dead xenomorph?! 🤣

you mix equal rice wash to milk eh? I’ll try that next time I have been doing 1 part rice wash to 10 parts milk because I saw it in a Chris trump video but I’m getting way more curds than whey.

I don't know... I know the first time I made it, the ratios were different, but I did not write it down... And I wasn't about to suffer through youtube videos again... So, equal parts fit the keep it stupid simple philosophy I try to adhere to.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

I don't know... I know the first time I made it, the ratios were different, but I did not write it down... And I wasn't about to suffer through youtube videos again... So, equal parts fit the keep it stupid simple philosophy I try to adhere to.

if it works for you and it does cause I’ve seen your grows, I’ll be damned if I ain’t doing equal parts next time.
I wish I took a pic of the thing I grew in my mixture the first time. I thought the thing was gonna grow arms and climb out of there.

@bellumromanum what you got going on in your tea?

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

if it works for you and it does cause I’ve seen your grows, I’ll be damned if I ain’t doing equal parts next time.
I wish I took a pic of the thing I grew in my mixture the first time. I thought the thing was gonna grow arms and climb out of there.

@bellumromanum what you got going on in your tea?

So I'm quite fond of Boogie Brew...dunno if you're familiar

I use that base/boost and lately have been trending towards more of a home made recipe. I add some of the EWC that I use for top dressing and a little kelp for food (if I take my daughters to the beach I'll often grab a piece of real kelp and let that bubble with) then usually a little insect frass. If I need to get some N in there as well I'll add some fish hydrolysate but this is just meant to be a mild brew mostly for the veg tent.

Shit is boomin this morning tho fam!

In 24 hours if the girls in the main box are thirsty I'll give them some too and I'll add some DEM Fat Flowers to brew for a few hours first

beluga

beluga

So I'm quite fond of Boogie Brew...dunno if you're familiar

I use that base/boost and lately have been trending towards more of a home made recipe. I add some of the EWC that I use for top dressing and a little kelp for food (if I take my daughters to the beach I'll often grab a piece of real kelp and let that bubble with) then usually a little insect frass. If I need to get some N in there as well I'll add some fish hydrolysate but this is just meant to be a mild brew mostly for the veg tent.

Shit is boomin this morning tho fam!

View attachment 1070704

In 24 hours if the girls in the main box are thirsty I'll give them some too and I'll add some DEM Fat Flowers to brew for a few hours first
Man... I gotta get into this shit.
With all the beer, wine, kombucha, jun, kefir, kraut, yogurt, bread, fungi cell-culturing, etc. I've done over the years... never really touched the compost/brewed nutrient realm.
Those bubbles are giving me a funky kinda envy.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Man... I gotta get into this shit.
With all the beer, wine, kombucha, jun, kefir, kraut, yogurt, bread, fungi cell-culturing, etc. I've done over the years... never really touched the compost/brewed nutrient realm.
Those bubbles are giving me a funky kinda envy.

I love it man, super neat when it all works out

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Greetings earthlings - ~two weeks into flower??

I think it's about 14 days, I'll have to go check. These ladies finally showing small signs of life. Still not boomin or anything but they perking up a little (these are an hour before lights out):

Still, it's a definite improvement. They still look too light to me and the stems/stalks really haven't developed the way I had hoped/expected early stetch due to all the problems. For right now they're safe escaping the culling but they need to start impressing me fast.

So then I went and it looks like ruined one of my little seedling buddies - I got some Ful-Power and sprayed the seedlings/cuttings with a spray that was a little milder than directed and it seems like perhaps one of my seedlings got burnt? Can spraying a plant under a T5 cause the same kind of light burns as spraying a plant under LEDs?

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

That's the kicker, huh?
I'm guessing there's less of a 'if all else fails, save it with this yeast strain or some vinegar' emergency button?

Yea exactly, there's not really a flush and try again method. It's more about feeding the soil biology and getting the microbes, bacteria fungi to play nice than it is about 'feeding' the plants per se.

I would classify myself a complete novice (whos eager to learn and do better).

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Greetings earthlings - ~two weeks into flower??

View attachment 1070710

I think it's about 14 days, I'll have to go check. These ladies finally showing small signs of life. Still not boomin or anything but they perking up a little (these are an hour before lights out):

View attachment 1070711View attachment 1070713View attachment 1070718View attachment 1070719

Still, it's a definite improvement. They still look too light to me and the stems/stalks really haven't developed the way I had hoped/expected early stetch due to all the problems. For right now they're safe escaping the culling but they need to start impressing me fast.

So then I went and it looks like ruined one of my little seedling buddies - I got some Ful-Power and sprayed the seedlings/cuttings with a spray that was a little milder than directed and it seems like perhaps one of my seedlings got burnt? Can spraying a plant under a T5 cause the same kind of light burns as spraying a plant under LEDs?

View attachment 1070720
I would assume so. Because the light uses the molecules of the water as a magnifying glass, if that makes sense. Lol. When did you spray? They Should be fine just keep an eye on em.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

I would assume so. Because the light uses the molecules of the water as a magnifying glass, if that makes sense. Lol. When did you spray? They Should be fine just keep an eye on em.

Yesterday, and I knew better I thought about it as I did it. Oh well seems to only be the one set of lower leaves I think she's gonner be fiiiiiiiineeee

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Looking not the worst I've seen here a little less than three weeks into flower:

I can tell it's gonna be a diminished yield but right now I don't see a reason not to take them further. This crop is an irritating mistress.

Next crop in the pipeline and I"m trying some new stuff. The Purple Punch beans already popped and one of the Cataract Kush's

And I'm trying my hand at manifolding the smaller Category 7 seedling (I imagine this is the saddest looking stage):

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Did you mention your temps somewhere?

So the veg tent swing a bit (as evidenced by the cold ass looking leaves on the manifold experiment) but generally is between 70-80 degrees. Flower tent goes 68 and night and 73 during the day lately. RH has been low because I've had to run my exhaust fan on low 24/7 until the new T6 got here.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

So the veg tent swing a bit (as evidenced by the cold ass looking leaves on the manifold experiment) but generally is between 70-80 degrees. Flower tent goes 68 and night and 73 during the day lately. RH has been low because I've had to run my exhaust fan on low 24/7 until the new T6 got here.

Any way you can get that day time temp up a bit more? I’m noticing better growth closer to 80F
@Aqua Man has a few posts about that temp range being ideal and I’m starting to believe him (not that I ever doubted you aqua! I’m just a stubborn slow moving pot head 🤣)

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Any way you can get that day time temp up a bit more? I’m noticing better growth closer to 80F
@Aqua Man has a few posts about that temp range being ideal and I’m starting to believe him (not that I ever doubted you aqua! I’m just a stubborn slow moving pot head 🤣)
IMG 20201226 225136236

Posted this in my thread but relevant here.

beluga

beluga

Iunno... my girls are blastin' it with 73ºF being the max temp, 63ºF being the min. Most middays are right around 70ºF.
While I don't doubt at all that higher temps might further optimize, I'd figure, as always, a lot of factors go into that. If you can't keep your environment respiration rates high or supplement CO2, or if your media doesn't hold water right, or... something something... I'd gander a reckon thems hot airs mights not be all that benefical... s.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

View attachment 1072701

Posted this in my thread but relevant here.

That’s where I saw it recently. Thanks man.

Iunno... my girls are blastin' it with 73ºF being the max temp, 63ºF being the min. Most middays are right around 70ºF.
While I don't doubt at all that higher temps might further optimize, I'd figure, as always, a lot of factors go into that. If you can't keep your environment respiration rates high or supplement CO2, or if your media doesn't hold water right, or... something something... I'd gander a reckon thems hot airs mights not be all that benefical... s.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it I get it. I just noticed a big boost pushing my tent to 80F but you’re right it could have been one or more of many factors.

Top Bottom