Baphomet's Danky Dungeon Grow, Take 2 (Bacio Gelato x Gushers)

• Thread starter bellumromanum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hortulanus

Hortulanus

So I went and talked myself in circles. Decided hanging enough T5's to be effective was gonna be more hassle than just doing a cheapo CMH off Amazon. Figured 4200k and I could scoop one for around $150 with a bulb. Then read enough reviews to realize that was a bad idea and I was gonna need to spend at least $250 to get a passable cheap CMH hood & ballast and a bulb worth using.

So now I think I've talked myself all the way back around to just spending the $200 on a full spectrum LED and being done with it.

Isn't overthinking fun? Anyone know if there's a forum discount code or something like that for Viparspectra?

haha overthinking can be the greatest cockblock to the joy of the pursuit.
If it’s for veg I think any will be fine.
Sorry though, don’t know of any discount codes.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

haha overthinking can be the greatest cockblock to the joy of the pursuit.
If it’s for veg I think any will be fine.
Sorry though, don’t know of any discount codes.

I don't think you're wrong. However, I do usually end up on the better side of whatever deal I eventually strike.

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

Hey man what's good. Just a quick note to tell you about the T5 on sale on amazon...$122.99 for a 8 bulb 4 foot fixture with bulbs. Not a bad price at all. I use one and they are great lights for early veg and clones. Also thought I d share a pretty good deal on a 300 watt QB the BP3000...I use it to veg after they leave the T5. Great little light for the price. Coming in at like $240 for 300 watts that's less than a buck a watt, pretty good for LED.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082XY8B75/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019IMM7VK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Hey man what's good. Just a quick note to tell you about the T5 on sale on amazon...2.99 for a 8 bulb 4 foot fixture with bulbs. Not a bad price at all. I use one and they are great lights for early veg and clones. Also thought I d share a pretty good deal on a 300 watt QB the BP3000...I use it to veg after they leave the T5. Great little light for the price. Coming in at like 0 for 300 watts that's less than a buck a watt, pretty good for LED.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019IMM7VK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hey man thanks for chiming in I'll take a look!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082XY8B75/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Hey man what's good. Just a quick note to tell you about the T5 on sale on amazon...2.99 for a 8 bulb 4 foot fixture with bulbs. Not a bad price at all. I use one and they are great lights for early veg and clones. Also thought I d share a pretty good deal on a 300 watt QB the BP3000...I use it to veg after they leave the T5. Great little light for the price. Coming in at like 0 for 300 watts that's less than a buck a watt, pretty good for LED.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019IMM7VK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Damn those are both great options thanks for dropping in. You may have just swung me back around to the T5 train! haha
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082XY8B75/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

Damn those are both great options thanks for dropping in. You may have just swung me back around to the T5 train! haha
Yeah I don't think a T5 that size can be had for less right now. The fixture is all aluminum and pretty good quality for the coin. Also has two power switches controlling four bulbs each so it can be used at half strength if need be. Not much heat with all 8 bulbs burning it raises the temps in my 4x8 space only a couple degrees. The only thing about the T5 is there's not much canopy penetration. After about 2-4 weeks the plants out grow them and start to suffer. Great for seedlings and rooting clones too!

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Yeah I don't think a T5 that size can be had for less right now. The fixture is all aluminum and pretty good quality for the coin. Also has two power switches controlling four bulbs each so it can be used at half strength if need be. Not much heat with all 8 bulbs burning it raises the temps in my 4x8 space only a couple degrees. The only thing about the T5 is there's not much canopy penetration. After about 2-4 weeks the plants out grow them and start to suffer. Great for seedlings and rooting clones too!

So that's the standout concern I had with the T5's vs an LED solution - can I fully veg them out and have them ready to flip in the flower tent under the T5's? I'm fairly confident that I can with the LEDs.

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

So that's the standout concern I had with the T5's vs an LED solution - can I fully veg them out and have them ready to flip in the flower tent under the T5's? I'm fairly confident that I can with the LEDs.
It can be done. I've vegged clones for 3-4 weeks under the T5, 2-3 gallon pots. Then put them over in the flower room. Obviously strain dependent but you can yield 1-2 ounces a plant. Cant grow no big plants, but its doable. The LED for sure has better light penetration so if you want big plants to put in flower I would for sure go that route.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have vegged to week 6 and then flowered with 2’ t-5 flourescents in a 3x3 tent for years. All the plants i show were grown that way.

the 4’ would even be better.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

It can be done. I've vegged clones for 3-4 weeks under the T5, 2-3 gallon pots. Then put them over in the flower room. Obviously strain dependent but you can yield 1-2 ounces a plant. Cant grow no big plants, but its doable. The LED for sure has better light penetration so if you want big plants to put in flower I would for sure go that route.

Thanks for the input and the links bud, appreciate it!

I have vegged to week 6 and then flowered with 2’ t-5 flourescents in a 3x3 tent for years. All the plants i show were grown that way.

the 4’ would even be better.

This is good to hear. Do you just keep the bulbs close to the canopy and raise them as the plants grow?

beluga

beluga

Yeah, I feel like unless you're going for big baseball bat colas HID-style, veg is just useful to get them through their adolescence so they can blast off when switched ready to flower.
SOG, SCROG, etc., I feel like you can get away with some fairly lightweight veg lights and they'll still thicken up well especially once put into flower and going through that early flower stretch.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks for the input and the links bud, appreciate it!

This is good to hear. Do you just keep the bulbs close to the canopy and raise them as the plants grow?

i keep my lamps fixed up high and use stands to raise and lower plants cause they are all staggered at different ages and strains in my grow. But i start seeds about 12-14” away and slowly move up to 8”. Thats in a 3x3. If it was a bigger space with less close reflective walls maybe a little closer works.

Probably a good guideline to start with.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Yeah, I feel like unless you're going for big baseball bat colas HID-style, veg is just useful to get them through their adolescence so they can blast off when switched ready to flower.
SOG, SCROG, etc., I feel like you can get away with some fairly lightweight veg lights and they'll still thicken up well especially once put into flower and going through that early flower stretch.

I especially like the way you say 'thicken up'.

Maybe a better question for @MIMedGrower - when you switch them from vegging under the T5's to the full power of the flower room do you have to break them in slow? Harden them off with short stints under the light first?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I especially like the way you say 'thicken up'.

View attachment 1068578

Maybe a better question for @MIMedGrower - when you switch them from vegging under the T5's to the full power of the flower room do you have to break them in slow? Harden them off with short stints under the light first?

i transplant to 3 gallon the week before usually and start them under the 600 hps’ lamps at about 29” and move them up only when they look happy an inch or two at a time. I guess we get a feel for how much light they want.

18” is the usual sweet spot at peak flowering under the air cooled 600 glass.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

For instance, even just a little fixture made of screw-in LEDs with their globes popped off:
20201030_174016-jpg.1050078

You can get corded vanity light strips and bulbs for probably <$100 for a decent veg light.

I've been searching around and I'm really not finding what I think I see here. Any chance you have example links for the items in the same or roughly similar configuration?

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Day 8 Flower

So, guys, here's the deal. I'm pretty sure the soil isn't draining and/or there's some lockout occuring. The plants show some signs of life but look pretty badly stunted and constantly unhappy.

I'm trying to decide what to do here cause I'm not going to waste the energy taking plants to harvest that start off this bad. I'd rather free up the space, get new soil with more drainage in the boxes and get them ready to go with ASAP. New grow tent is being delivered today so I'll set up the new flower area this weekend hopefully (if I can figure out how to make space without sacrificing my gym).

Question is: do I take cuts from these (one cut I took a couple weeks ago finally poked a root through it's pellet!! my first rooted clone) and re run them since I never got to see what the Bombolone was about...or 86 the whole shit and run these Holy Grail Kush beans I'm so excited about?

Got the T5's incoming along with some new oscillating fans and shit to blow on the girls.

k I gotta do real world shit I've been trying to finish this post for legit 2 hours.

Top Bottom