Baphomet's Danky Dungeon Grow, Take 2 (Bacio Gelato x Gushers)

• Thread starter bellumromanum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beluga

beluga

So change of plans. After talking to my buddy who kind of mentored me into growing organic...and with BHO extraction and then looking at my plants I don't think I'm going to mainline/manifold. I think I'm gonna bend those hoes over and put up a scrog screen and let them branch. Take my cuts when I clean up their legs.

They're just so healthy and thick-stalked with big lateral branches....the plants I grew from clones never looked like this. Just can't bring myself to chop off the top of a plant looking like that.

View attachment 1054798View attachment 1054799View attachment 1054800
Personally always been a fan of SOG and LST for that reason. Unless something's damaged or drawing too much energy away from more productive areas, why cut?

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Personally always been a fan of SOG and LST for that reason. Unless something's damaged or drawing too much energy away from more productive areas, why cut?

Yea man I'm surprised to find that I'm trending towards that type of thought instinctually. They're beautiful why fuck with it.

beluga

beluga

Yea man I'm surprised to find that I'm trending towards that type of thought instinctually. They're beautiful why fuck with it.

Also did my first attempt at supercropping recently to some success. I could have been a good bit more aggressive, but that's also becoming a viable technique to avoid chopping in my eyes.
Guess they're alright with a little BDSM...

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Also did my first attempt at supercropping recently to some success. I could have been a good bit more aggressive, but that's also becoming a viable technique to avoid chopping in my eyes.
Guess they're alright with a little BDSM...

My first crop was more like a super crop and I learned a lot. I wanted a little more space and the symmetric nature of the manifold design appealed to my OCD and my desire for yields. But when I look at them I'm just reluctant to chop. I think they're gonna give me what I want without getting too rough ;) Still gonna tie them down and make them do what I want

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

I get that for sure.
The genetics I'm working with right now are so branchy, it drives me nuts.
Will be nice to get something a little more columnar... or not veg them for three months 🤦‍♂️

Yea veg time is another big factor. They've been fooling me into thinking they're small until I took a look under the hood. If I don't start chopping shit off right now I'm probably only a week or two from filling in a trellis and flipping. I'm buying personal right now and hating life.

I always thought my buddy who got me into growing was just kind of an elitist asshole about his weed and hash because he never shuts up about how much all the dispo stuff sucks etc. Turns out he's right. I sound like the same asshole now. The weed I grew, despite suffering many setbacks and getting polinated, was still SO much smoother and cleaner and better tasting and smelling than anything I had bought...and then the first time I ran my own nug run shatter that was it. I knew the whole industry was built on lies.

Anyways now I resent paying for shit that burns my throat.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Are you gonna flip soon? I suspect it’s about to get crowded in there.

You know man until today I didn't realize how close it was to time to flip! I'm gonna bend the tops down and get a trellis net up and flip as soon as it's filled. I'd guess a week, two max depending on what I have to do to fill the space

beluga

beluga

You know man until today I didn't realize how close it was to time to flip! I'm gonna bend the tops down and get a trellis net up and flip as soon as it's filled. I'd guess a week, two max depending on what I have to do to fill the space
I reckon those Timber's got some good penetration. So, hopefully you're only restricted by the tent height.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

I reckon those Timber's got some good penetration. So, hopefully you're only restricted by the tent height.

They do and it's only my veg light. I have a trio of pendants from Timber at 4000k that I'll hang when it gets to be time to flip. I run them together in flower to cover better spectrum and so I can spot-light certain areas of the canopy if needed. I have the driver mounted externally above the tent for heat mgmt in the summer - the heatsinks on the COBs put off enough heat as is.

We're good on height now but wouldn't be in a week if I didn't LST & scrog

beluga

beluga

They do and it's only my veg light. I have a trio of pendants from Timber at 4000k that I'll hang when it gets to be time to flip. I run them together in flower to cover better spectrum and so I can spot-light certain areas of the canopy if needed. I have the driver mounted externally above the tent for heat mgmt in the summer - the heatsinks on the COBs put off enough heat as is.

We're good on height now but wouldn't be in a week if I didn't LST & scrog
Do you know, does Timber still run Bridgelux Vero's? Thought about trying my hand at building some COB fixtures.. So far in love with my Bridgelux strips.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Do you know, does Timber still run Bridgelux Vero's? Thought about trying my hand at building some COB fixtures.. So far in love with my Bridgelux strips.

Yea man I believe they're Gen 7 Vero29....but def still Bridgelux. I love them, zero complaints - although I might have waited if I knew they were about to come out with a big fancy strip array lol.

At some point I'll cop another set of lights much more in that fashion and probably expand to a 4x8 flower room and 4x4 veg/mother tent or 2x 4x4's or something of that nature.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

I would love to build my own, your setup and build looked like so much fun. But my wife would fucking flip on me if I started a new hobby project/obsession and it wouldn't end up being the fun I intended. Gotta pick your battles, that one isn't my hill to die on.

beluga

beluga

I would love to build my own, your setup and build looked like so much fun. But my wife would fucking flip on me if I started a new hobby project/obsession and it wouldn't end up being the fun I intended. Gotta pick your battles, that one isn't my hill to die on.
I hear that. My better half is a fucking saint for all the shit she puts up with... unfinished thises and thats... pieces of trees and rocks... wires, oh my god, so many wires... smells and funky looking shit.
That's why I'm gonna dedicate a lot of the tent to medicinal/culinary plants. And why there's never a dirty dish in our sink or one of my 6" long beard hairs that look like pubes in the bathroom.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

I hear that. My better half is a fucking saint for all the shit she puts up with... unfinished thises and thats... pieces of trees and rocks... wires, oh my god, so many wires... smells and funky looking shit.
That's why I'm gonna dedicate a lot of the tent to medicinal/culinary plants. And why there's never a dirty dish in our sink or one of my 6" long beard hairs that look like pubes in the bathroom.

Same kinda thing over here. If there isn't a reverse engineered security appliance or piece of hardware on every single square inch of free space...coding manuals and a server rack, full network stack and SAN storage fabric. Full powerlifting gym and now the grow operation...even while injured my wife has been the MVP. Holding down the house and the girls AND going out to the gym to load and unload all my weight, set up my benches and workout equipment...basically everything I need to stay sane.

In return I give her everything I'm capable of, which at this point in my career is a pretty decent life :) We're 100% a team and I attribute all of our success to the two of us. She doesn't work while she's focusing on her BSN and I run the Cyber Security program for a company with a lot of datacenters in a lot of countries. None of it could be done alone.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

O yea I started these today too:

CSI Humboldt Category 7 (PCK 7 x Bubba Kush) fems. Had a friend recommend this gear pretty tough and I had some freebies so wtf?

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Good morning farmers, a little reminder:

Yea I think we got it worked out. They look so happy today:

Oh, also cause I realized I think some people may have been asking about when I'm going to flip based on headroom so here's a better perspective shot, we still have plenty of veg space and headroom for stretch. Gonna get the tops tied down today:

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Freaking gorgeous plants, they look very very happy!!

Awesome job!

That's about as close to perfection as God allows!!

Steady as she goes Captain and your home free!!

beluga

beluga

Good morning farmers, a little reminder:

View attachment 1055138

Yea I think we got it worked out. They look so happy today:

View attachment 1055134
View attachment 1055136View attachment 1055135

Oh, also cause I realized I think some people may have been asking about when I'm going to flip based on headroom so here's a better perspective shot, we still have plenty of veg space and headroom for stretch. Gonna get the tops tied down today:

View attachment 1055137

You pumping all that iron in UGGs?

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

You pumping all that iron in UGGs?

Haha those are my wife's feet! But tbh yea usually I train in socks haha. If I'm squatting I'll put on my squat shoes but unless I'm peaking for a comp I prefer to be barefoot/in socks/slides w socks if it's cold.

Top Bottom