Baphomet's Danky Dungeon Grow, Take 2 (Bacio Gelato x Gushers)

• Thread starter bellumromanum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beluga

beluga

At least one person is going to look at that post and seriously pause, but I'm not sure if it will be @Fudge or @beluga first.
As you were typing that, I'm sure.
My space is in a basement and there's a propane boiler eight or so feet away and hot water pipes conveniently situated about 6" from the top of the box. Lucked out hard, seeing as my tent wouldn't fit in any other spot in the basement due to height constraints.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Hey bro not sure if this has been mentioned, but I think the droopy leaves are from lack of oxygen getting to the roots. Try letting them dry out a bit and lessen water amounts.

I think the reason they perked up was because they dried out a little??

I don't think your humidity or temps were off enough to induce VPD.

Plants look great and very healthy so your doing something right!! Just a few tweaks to perfection IMHO.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Hey bro not sure if this has been mentioned, but I think the droopy leaves are from lack of oxygen getting to the roots. Try letting them dry out a bit and lessen water amounts.

I think the reason they perked up was because they dried out a little??

I don't think your humidity or temps were off enough to induce VPD.

Plants look great and very healthy so your doing something right!! Just a few tweaks to perfection IMHO.

Hey Bio thanks for coming by. It has been on my mind that they look overwatered - but the sub irrigated reservoir on the EarthBox has always been great at regulating soil moisture content (in my limited and anecdotal experience). In between the time they perked up and drooped back down they didn't receive any water, in fact they haven't had any for days.

Perhaps because they're not able to transpire and/or because the roots are too cold they're not drinking and the water in the soil is sitting?

Either way my idea has been to get the temps in the root zone back in range and give them a day or two to drink and see how it looks. I just got done insulating the floor beneath the boxes with some stall mats and adding a small heater on a temp controller. The heater positioning is less than ideal but will have to work until I can build a little lung box or something. Where it is it should blow warm air off the wall and into the tower fan for distribution. I put the temp probe between the boxes so it would be an accurate reflection of the temperature right in the center of the root mass.

Please forgive how sloppy my tent looks I'm not really able to do things like cable mgmt etc hopping around on one foot. Just trying to make it work for now:

This does make me think back to my earlier discussion with @Aqua Man where he basically forecast the roots not getting enough oxygen as a result of the mulch cover. I don't like second guessing myself but if I can't get this squared in the next few days I might have to consider reversing my position....

Last edited:
bellumromanum

bellumromanum

As a side note - do you guys think bringing the RH down to 50% or so for a bit would help in terms of letting the plants/soil dry out a bit? Or is that too low?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
They're already looking better with the temp controller and insulation beneath. They just woke up here:

View attachment 1054686
I have a parrot i trained to say "yeah buddy!" He says it whenever he is excited. Sometimes he also just says "yeah!" As you can maybe imagine, my wife and I find this hilarious. Whenever we are saying something with any passion, one of our birds chimes in like it's a call and response in a particularly passionate church.

Anyway.

Yeah buddy!

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

I have a parrot i trained to say "yeah buddy!" He says it whenever he is excited. Sometimes he also just says "yeah!" As you can maybe imagine, my wife and I find this hilarious. Whenever we are saying something with any passion, one of our birds chimes in like it's a call and response in a particularly passionate church.

Anyway.

Yeah buddy!

Dude I love that so much. Only thing could make it better is if you named the parrot Ronnie

Ronnie Coleman! YEEEEEAEAAAH BUDDDDAAAYYY (listen to the first 10 seconds lmao)

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Dude I love that so much. Only thing could make it better is if you named the parrot Ronnie

Ronnie Coleman! YEEEEEAEAAAH BUDDDDAAAYYY (listen to the first 10 seconds lmao)

Lmfao it's that spirit. And his name is Nigel. Our other bird is Lily (biologically a male but we thought she was a girl so....whatever she knows her name). She is a cockatiel who no bullsh*t will wake up on a sunny morning, greet the world (literally she says Hi) and then fly to my tent (they don't have their wings clipped and are basically free range) to sing a morning song.

We love it. It's weird as hell but so pure.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Lmfao it's that spirit. And his name is Nigel. Our other bird is Lily (biologically a male but we thought she was a girl so....whatever she knows her name). She is a cockatiel who no bullsh*t will wake up on a sunny morning, greet the world (literally she says Hi) and then fly to my tent (they don't have their wings clipped and are basically free range) to sing a morning song.

We love it. It's weird as hell but so pure.

Weird is comfortable for me :)

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

So change of plans. After talking to my buddy who kind of mentored me into growing organic...and with BHO extraction and then looking at my plants I don't think I'm going to mainline/manifold. I think I'm gonna bend those hoes over and put up a scrog screen and let them branch. Take my cuts when I clean up their legs.

They're just so healthy and thick-stalked with big lateral branches....the plants I grew from clones never looked like this. Just can't bring myself to chop off the top of a plant looking like that.

Top Bottom