Bare Bones

• Thread starter Purpstickipunch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Okay so I have been determined lately to get this room up and going, Hopefully before the year ends. Gotta make some money before all this happens. But in the meantime I am getthing the room together.

Today I gutted the closet, took out all the unused shelves and nails.

Just wanted to show you guys what I am working with.

In the near future, I plan to put reflectant paper on the walls to increase my light resources. Some sort of ventilation system- haven't looked into this to much yet but I am getting through it, dont worry smarties it will be done! :cool0041:

System I am going to work with is hydroponics. I am just doing one DWC for now because this is more for my own personal smoke.

Lights, Vegg lighting probably some leds or cfls lights 400Watt, and for flowering a 600 Watt HTG.

Nutrients/Food etc.

I was looking to work with reverse osmosis water for the plants.

Sensi Bloom parts A/B
h202 oxidizer
Calman Plus
Ph up and downer

The Deep Water Culture

5gal bucket
airpump
bubblestone
black aquarium tubing
10in nett pot
Hydrotone
clayblocks for the seedlings

I was thinking about a diy carbon filter from Kottonmouth Kings thread, he has some awesome DIY. Thought I give that a try aswell.

Seeds, like Ive been saying they are just some reggie seeds I get from my local dealer. Even though its not Master Kush, or some exotic type of weed, im still gonna love it as if it was- :) I do plan on going for exotic seeds though so none to worry, I know reggie doesn't sound awesome, but you never know- diamond in the rough as they say.

Seriously this is barebones at the moment just getting this cleaned out for my winter project. I put my wife Lizzy in as a size reference. If any of you have suggestions throw them my way. For example if you disagree with something that I am doing, please feel free to comment I am still in the learning stages.

Thanks
Purp

Closet2
Closet3
Closet4
Closet5
Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Also I need some help with the ppms, and tsd. I know what they are but what is the appropriate measures during veg growth and during flowering? Thats where I am confused, Ive been reading through many of the faqs but I get lost somewhere in a conversion table.

I do plan on buying testers, but I do like to understand what I am reading exactlly. N P and K? How can you measure these individually? See this is where Im getting confuckled. Some extra advice would be greatly appreciated.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
you really shouldnt ever post your pic

ttystikk

ttystikk

x2 what motherlode said.

Read some threads around here, and the best way to reduce the nutes brain damage is to go with something complete and don't get fancy, like a decent 2 or 3 part fert. and just follow bottle directions.

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Lol, thats why shes wearing a beanie and avaitors. Yall so funny I already thought of this. Thank you though.

ttystikk - I guess what I am asking for is an example for ppms during veg growth and flower growth for a single 5gal bucket. Like a math problem, I give you the problem and I want to know what you recommend during the different growths.

I looked through the faqs already, and I get lost in their conversion tables, and shit. Looks like fckin chemistry. XD Anyways what do you guys think of the fertlizers, and nutrients?

sog1313

sog1313

so the TDS meter measures everything that is disolved in the water that conducts electricity. That means the N, P, K, Ca, composted shite, everything. I got an HM brand TDS meter and a Milwaukee pH meter with all the calibration stuff off an online pool supply store for cheap. There are some generally accepted ranges that you can play with depending on what your plant likes. Seedlings should get almost nothing the first week or so, then raised up to about 250 ppm (like quarter strength nutes). Vegging at 500-900 (half to full strength). Flowering at 900-1100 (full strength plus bloom boosters etc). Plain pH adjusted water last few days to flush. Also, your nute supplier should have an easy to follow (in mL/gal or whatever) feeding schedule for their specific products. It really is more complicated than this and people have different opinions about proper levels it's really all about finding out what works for your plant. Believe me they'll survive a little experimentation.

Reactions: mal
Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Thank you sog, thats just what I was wanting. I understand that I will have to experiment around with it but I wanted to know I guess the "standard" But yeah you nailed it for me. Thank you very much!

Howd your babies turn out?

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Note please,
I am planning on using a cool tube with inline but where to install the duct holes? By the way the wall to the right is the wall outside, and the wall to the left leads to my bathroom.

sog1313

sog1313

no prob the faqs can be difficult to navigate esp when you just need a little nug if info. my girls turned out alright. the one was suffering from root rot b/c of high temps so i had to chop early but the other finished on time. i cant remember the weight but it filled 9 pint size mason jars. that was my very first time doing hyrdo and it was over the summer so i think i got off to a good start. definitely learned the value of a good ph and tds meter

for your cooltube ducting i suggest drawing fresh air from bathroom side wall and dumping (through a scrubber can or 2) out the outside wall if security isnt an issue. make the duct a straight line, very efficient. Otherwise leave one end of the cool tube open to the grow room and vent out through the bathroom wall.

F

fatganjagrower

purps, from the looks of the plants environment, u should have ur pest control plan in place

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

no prob the faqs can be difficult to navigate esp when you just need a little nug if info. my girls turned out alright. the one was suffering from root rot b/c of high temps so i had to chop early but the other finished on time. i cant remember the weight but it filled 9 pint size mason jars. that was my very first time doing hyrdo and it was over the summer so i think i got off to a good start. definitely learned the value of a good ph and tds meter

for your cooltube ducting i suggest drawing fresh air from bathroom side wall and dumping (through a scrubber can or 2) out the outside wall if security isnt an issue. make the duct a straight line, very efficient. Otherwise leave one end of the cool tube open to the grow room and vent out through the bathroom wall.

Yes I believe the right side of the wall wouldn't be a good idea. My yard isn't secure for those types of measures, but my closet is directly from my room. So that is what I will probably have to do.

First though I need to get some tools inline. My drill isn't really up to par with this type of handy work so in the near future a drill with the 6in circle cutter is what Im probably gonna buy. Thanks so much Sog, please keep checking back on my thread to let me know how im doing. I appreciate the help Bud.

Oh and rep to you!!

Plus, I got new pictures of my room. I got it painted with a flat white paint, bout 3 coats so far. I haven't decided weather or not to add one... I guess if I have to question it, it means I should. But yeah rooms fully painted. :D

Small steps :D

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Here we go, new pictures of the room!!! Exciteddddd.. plus I just recieved a 400dollar check from the family....hmmmm :pimp:
Oh and don't worry its flat white paint, not glossy I just got finished with it so it was still wet!

Here ya go guys!
Purp

Closet6
Closet7
Closet8
Closet9
Closet10
Closet11
Closet12
sog1313

sog1313

looking good. make sure which every way you set up your ventilation you're using an air scrubber. you can find DIY plans in the forums here.

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

looking good. make sure which every way you set up your ventilation you're using an air scrubber. you can find DIY plans in the forums here.

Okie Doke, Ill look that up aswell. Tanks!

Ill have more to report when I get things rolling...hehe :)

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

You should seal the walls with plastic sheeting and tape. Those walls look like a pest dream. I'd take it another step and add some reflectix insulated sheeting or something to that effect (pending your vent hole installation of course). Just a thought

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

ahhhhh just bought my 400watt lamp today Hps thankyou. got my product in order, seeds are germinating at this very moment, smoking a bowl of lemon kush, ahhh....loving it'

also switched to soil grow, was going for hydroponics but wanted to do this instead.
happygro

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

good choice with going dirt first its much less headache. your closet looks like its an outside of a house which does mean your inches from pests,so keep some bug ammo on hand. other than that the paint looks good haha get that 4hundo hung mang and start cracking some beans.

and i would smash those shelves out of there, clutter in the room is bad and thats all those shelves will lead to.

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

good choice with going dirt first its much less headache. your closet looks like its an outside of a house which does mean your inches from pests,so keep some bug ammo on hand. other than that the paint looks good haha get that 4hundo hung mang and start cracking some beans.

and i would smash those shelves out of there, clutter in the room is bad and thats all those shelves will lead to.

Haha thanks, yes I have some pest control on hand, though the room is not outside its inside of a mud room. The mudroom used to be our front door. We had to change that LOL, and yes we bashed out the shelves. BE GONE!

The babies are growing strong!!
Conditions: 85 almost 90 degrees

Air circulation: is good I have one big fan you cant see in the pix and an inline fan for the system. Also I figured I would have to add a humidifier so that adds extra circulation.

PH: A bit on the high side, 6.9 if i deside to add ph downer, it will be next wednesday til then cause I just did a water after four days. They were thirsty. I also do foliar feeding every couple days so they still recieve nutrients to the leaves, and to also clean them off from any dust or dirt.

400 Watt like I said before, its on 24/7. I know I know, but I want them to be healthy babies. So no lecturing please :D

With the water I did give them some food, not to much though just a couple drops of bio grow. Also question, for store bought water for your plants... which is better, distilled water or drinking water? Thats a good question for you brainies.

Here ya go pix will be up shortly!!! :banana1sv6:

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to present the ladies of our first season....

Purp, Violet, LuLu, and Miss Bitch!

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Here they are!!! They just got their water and feeding, so they a bit droopy, they'll perk up in the next day or so.

Plant
Plant2
Top Bottom