Bare Bones

• Thread starter Purpstickipunch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

good choice with going dirt first its much less headache.

Oh, and I am happy with choosing dirt... my damn mudroom smells earthy. It smells sooo good, I hope the buds taste like that. It smells like after it rains, wet dirt I suppose. LOL. Freakin AWESOME.:dance

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Babies look much better today, not lookin sad anymore. Seems like they liked their feeding cause they grew not exactly taller just the leaves just got HUGE.

Another question people, the drain pans I have the pots in - woke up this morning and they are completely dried out. Am I watering enough or is that just water getting sucked up through the air? Again I have a humidifer, but my humidity is ranging between 30 and 40 percent.

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Hey just checking in, seeing there are no post. BOOO TO YOU GUYS!!!

Anyhow, checked on the babies today. Im a bit concern, the tips of the leaves are slightly curling upward mainly older leaves. When I look at the new growth the leaves seem fairly normal but they look like they could curl upward as they grow older.

Second, The lowest leaves - first growth, they are starting to have yellow spotting on the near the end of the leaves 'only on the older leaves".

At this moment, I am trying to configure my fucking ph soil tester.... thats really pissing me off. Bout to just get nutrient strips and do it that way... I don't have 200 dollars to blow on a ph/everyfuckinthingelse meter. Im pissed off at this one anyways.

'Sigh' Im just worried about them. I know I was going to have to weed out a couple; due to lack of space, but I do want to know what the hell is going on with them.

-------------------------------
Actions so far,

I raised the lights a bit just incase they are getting sunbleached, and I also upped the fan from low to medium. And I added a tbsp of organic ph downer.

Wish me luck and, if any of you have advice pleaseee FEEL FREE to add your two cents.

The pictures on page two are from yesterday, today not much difference just what was stated above. I know its hard to diagnose the plant when the huds light on, so my apologies.

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Okay I think we made it...

So after brewing over this ph meter crap, I finally went out and bought liquid ph, nutrient test strips. By the strips....everything was either perfect or just a tad under.... which is fine by me. But the plants looked sad. In description without photos, wilting, the new growth was limer green than older growth, stalk was pretty sturdy, the very tips of the leaves would curl up alittle.

So the changes I made... and I did this an hour or two ago, and they already look 80 percent better. I turned the fan up so it would keep the room cool, so temp is settling around 80 degrees.

I took each plant and put straight perlite at the bottom and I had to mix old soil with a batch of perlite to get good drainage.. which I found out I wasn't recieving... When I 'carefully' took the rootball out I noticed at the very bottom the soil was pretty much compacted and wet... just a wet clunk of dirt that didn't seem breathable for them... so straight up, half perlite in the soil, and a layer of perlite on the bottom for drainage and I also put a layer of perlite ontop of the soil-heard it helps your maximize root growth that way.

Last, I gave them a good water/feeding since my nutrient testers were below adaquete, which is what I wanted I wanted to get a feel for how they would react...NOW, i know so I can give them a little more love. Seriously though, they look a lot better now that this changes happened.

Also with the ph soil meter, I tested it out with that aswell this morning, even though we were having problems... now it the meter says 6.8 so I'm happy. Now I can only wait to see when they will start growing.... eeekkkk... Ill take more pictures for you all to view.

Hopefully someone will post :D

So we can only wait to see what happens.. YAY BABIES!!

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Lesson fucking Learned

Lesson learned.

Get more organized.

Poodle. Also if you must work and smoke, be prepared.
Im the biggest douche on the planet right now. I have been intentionally ignoring my thread right now. Okay, so the other day, I transplanted in perlite, and gave them their next water/feed. DING DING DING..... FEED....I fed them last time. FuckSakes Mary Jesus Joseph and Micheal...ughhhhh.

So yeah babies look horrible. The only one doing halfway decient is lulu. So they are pretty much in nutrient lock..im sure.... I desided to flush purp in water cause poor thing, she was the worst. I figure if she starts perkin up the next couple days thats what my problem was and I can assess the situation accordingly.

Seriously this is pretty embarassing to post but I have to. I know you all go through your mistakes, and you made tons of them. Its just a case of chuck and pass basically. I have checked on purp yet....

I'll be back

(Two Minutes Later)

Whew... okay, Shes not dead.....That is all that matters. She doesn't necessary look better, but shes not dead. Thats the good thing.

Tomorrow, I am cleaning up the room, and room space, getting my water/feed calendar up so this mistake does NOT happen again. They were looking so fucking good too... damnit! Ugh Lesson learned is todays title!

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Just a morning checkup, I did not flush purp, I flushed violet. Sorry for the messup. Either way Violet looks a tad bit perkier...thank good!

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

I would get the temp down 90 is way to hot. Shoot for mid 80s as your absolute highest temp.

the watering question, let them dry out a bit usually till the loose soil on top dries out. don't flush just relax for a day or two.

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Update Pictures!!

From start to finish
1. Purp
2. Lulu
3. Violet
4. Mz Bitch
5. All together now ladies!!

Yeah they look a lot better considering yesterday I was major bummed!
So here ya go peoples.:character0053:

3wks
3wks3 2
3wks3
3wks5 2
3wks5 1
Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

I would get the temp down 90 is way to hot. Shoot for mid 80s as your absolute highest temp.

the watering question, let them dry out a bit usually till the loose soil on top dries out. don't flush just relax for a day or two.

Hey Tokin, Yea temps in the low 80s, did I say 90's, well if I did I meant 80's. Also Humidity is ranging at 60percent.

Yeah Im going to let them dry out for a couple days. But they do look so much better than the day before. Their leaves were getting crunchy, and they were just looking plain sad.

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Well the past couple days have been hard on me. I caught the flu, barfing my brains out, my pots not even taking the nausea away when I get sick. Blah. Can't wait to get better.

On the other hand. The ladies are doing so good. Purp, Vi, and Lu are doing fabulous. Their color has gone back down to a limer green and not so pine green. - Which just tells me they are processing through the nutes now. Thank God.

Mz Bitch, is falling behind. I named her mz bitch cause she was growing so awesomly. Booo... Either way three out of four is awesome. Mz B has a good possiblity of bouncing back Im sure. Not too worried about her though because of lack of space.

Tomorrow they are probably going to get their next watering. Im not feeding them yet..Probably not til next water.

Temp is about 82degrees,
Ph Ill know tomorrow. But they look fabulous!

Anyways hopefully everyones grow is going awesomely

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Yay!!

So not only do I feel better today, but my ladies are feeling and looking B E U Tiful.

Ill give yall a pic in a couple days. Today looks like its going to be watering day. Ive snipped the bad leaves off the girls since I over fert last week. I figured it was better to snip of dry damaged leaves than to have it damage and stunt the plant overall. Seems like it worked for me in my favor.

Everyones getting pretty big except violet. Vi, is getting bushy, shes not growing tall but more or less growing out. Shes gonna be a light hog I can tell.

I stopped the snips of there leaves unless I spot a really unhealthy one, I just don't want them to bush out as much.

Whats better you think guys, growing one really big plant, or growing several small plants? Is the yeild the same or different?

Im going to also try to see what type of strain they are, atleast whether they are sativa or indica. I know they aren't some masterfuckyouupkush, and I don't expect to figure that out. Reason being is vi, shes really dark green than the other girls. Like green. Where as lulu and Mz B they are limier shades of green - Like the BP Gas sign green, Vi is more christmas tree green, and her leaves are shiny. I know shes different from the other seeds obviously, but Id like to know.

Seriously this is awesome Im so glad I decided to start this. It makes me so happy to see the girls thrive in their enviroment, and Im always there to take care of them when they need it and give them attention.

Another question, how long should I wait before I flower them?

So how long in vegetation?
Whats better growing smaller plants or one bigger plant?
And determining if they are sativa or indica?

Thanks guys. I can see you are still watching out for my thread since I have about 1000 views. Thanks!! <3

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

With seeds I usually veg till they show pre flowers so I can sex them before flower. This takes usually 3-4 weeks after they get a few leaves.

With your small space I would grow a few bigger plants and do LST training on them. Do a search here for LST (low stress training) it will maxamize your bud.

Sativa vs indica... You can tell once they bush out by the leaf type big fat vs thin long. Also the smoke in the end will tell ya for sure.

These answers I'm giving you are just my suggestions to get you on track easiest way possible. This is a hobby that will swallow time like no other. Have fun and don't be afraid to try things.

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

With seeds I usually veg till they show pre flowers so I can sex them before flower. This takes usually 3-4 weeks after they get a few leaves.

With your small space I would grow a few bigger plants and do LST training on them. Do a search here for LST (low stress training) it will maxamize your bud.

Sativa vs indica... You can tell once they bush out by the leaf type big fat vs thin long. Also the smoke in the end will tell ya for sure.

These answers I'm giving you are just my suggestions to get you on track easiest way possible. This is a hobby that will swallow time like no other. Have fun and don't be afraid to try things.

Okay so I looked up so basic info on LST, and I decided to do it to only one plant right now to see how she reacts and as soon as the other ladies start shooting up, Ill top them off aswell.

Sorry I forgot to mention the technique I chose, its just the basic clipping the tops off and letting the other growth catch up. Either way I thought I would give this a go on Vi. I also gave them water today, they were thirstyyy.

So sweet.. The babies are about 3weeks old, looking gorgeously green. Oh....and Lulu, might be a Lucifer.....god hope not.. but yeah lol.

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Glad this weeks over with

This has not been a good week for me. At All.

On another note, the ladies are doing well. They were looking too pouty on day 4 with no water. I wanted to understand how much water we are looking at per soil container.

Also. I have transplanted them again to their last container size. Three gallon soil containers. Lulu, I haven't trans yet cause I ran out of perlite. Figured shed be okay for a week or so til I scrounge up the money to get her some. Been pretty freakin broke lately. Everytime it gets really hard and I think.... soon I won't have to pay diddly for pot.

Ugh heaven... do you all know how much Id save on pot... and crappy pot quality. - okay its not crap but its not home grown - and if its home grown its seen a few plastic baggies...yek.

I spend roughly about six hundred on weed a month alone. This just reggie weed. Not some da dank dank. Break that down
Basically.....I smoke a lot of weed.

Heres the figures for me.
20/dub 40-50/qt, 70-80/half, 120-140/ounce
Dank
50/dub, 100/qt 200/half feck 400/ounce...holy shit, I think i crapped myself. thats fucking rent... and we already pay our fucking bills. .....SEE it gets better everytime I think this.. lol.

I have four beautiful plants, they are looking really good. One thing though,
Violet looks ...different. Like she looks like a she no doubt, but she isn't as bushy I guess as the others, the others have cluster fucks of leaves - i pretty much have to prune every other day or it gets sloppy. Violet, shes not really tall but more or less....gangly, like she has longggg stems, and she grows out not up, and her leaves are just a tad skinnier than the others... not really skinny but, skinnier.

Eh either way, Im not sure if that means its a he, and I don't know it yet because of the "gangly" stems. Okay before each set of fan leaves the stem is pretty much about twelve inches long before it gets to the next fan leave sets, and it gets shorter after that... Either way hopefully its a she and shes just indica, who knows. HOPEFULLY..Ehhh look at past pictures of Violet and youll see what I mean. Ill give some update pix here soon. Like I said, I have transplanted the babies and they are already looking huge.. Feck. LOL.

Im hoping to get a good reasonable amount off these babies. Since Token you told me to do some form of LST, so I topped them, and I topped them again tonight. So far I have atleast four to five tops on each plant. Sooo...im hoping!!!

Things to invest in the future, - ph up and downers that you mix in the water. I have the organic up/down that you mix in the soil, but that is long term results. It lowers or ups the ph over the weeks. It just doesn't seem very convient for this type of gardening. Maybe I just need a better ph meter LOL. Eh...Im guessing my ph is running between a 6.8-7.0 I know thats okay so Im not going to mess with it. I figure as soon as I get some cash after I can save my money Id blow it on a meter. But as of right now they are growing, they look healthy, their leaves are nice and perky-not like previous pictures where as they are droopy. Youll see Ill post pics this coming week.

Everyone have a nice week, and a happy valentines day -- and don't fuck yourself... ugh.. I could kill myself.

I tried getting off my meds.. Zoloft, it was pretty hard. I felt like a crack addict without the stupidity. I really felt like I needed that fuckin pill. Oi..... Like I can't funtion without it.

Bleh
Happy Grow
Happy Valentines Day - Love your babies of all species, and love your significant other.

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Okie Doke. Pixs for you guys!

The name tags had to go they kept falling off and I was going to have tags in the actual soil. Feck that!

Either way, The first ones the garden as a whole, Second - Purp, Third is Lulu - haven't trans her yet.. obviously shes pissy, Fourth - is Violet, remember violets the weird one, I so hope its not a boy but she looks weird any advice with that would be swell, Fifth is Miss Bitch.

I put a marker to show you guys how thick their stalks are. Um. Also they are a bit pouty, I kind of threw them in a shock. I went too long without watering them, and I did a rookie move and OVERwatered them. I drained them of any extra water any dumped it. I don't want any chance of root rot at this stage. We are pretty much half done.

Well half done with Veg. I wanted to give them one more month of veg, and then I was going to force them to flower.

Current Problems - not involving the over watering.

I can't tell when to give them nutes, or I don't know if I like the nute solution that I have purchased. Im very careful not to over nute the water. Seriously I put like two drops in a gallon of water and thats it. But it seems that when I do, I get extremely dark leaves, and some spotting. I was going to foliar feed them but everytime I do again I get spotting.

Im a tad confused with the transplanted ones in Five gals, they are in new fresh soil/perlite, and I figured I wouldn't have to give them nutes til atleast another watering. They are turning lime green as you can see.

Vi - they say its almost impossible to determine the sex of the plant unless you force it to flower... is this true? Vi has little hairs she doesn't appear to be developing balls.....lol. I mean she looks the same as everyone else except the size, shape. I do noticed since I trans shes a bit taller than the others if you noticed in the pix.....so.... that scares me. Ugh someone help with this!!!!!1111111

lol

I turned the CO2 booster to high see if that helps them any. Eitherway they are looking okay, a bit pissy but Im sure they will come out of it tomorrow.

Thanks Peeps

Weed1
W2
W3
W4
W5
Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Also, Violet looks like she wants to crowd my other ladies....Either shes a bossy bitch or shes really a he sneeking into my girls room....

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

My Leading Ladies

Told you guys they would get betta!! Tomorrow is water day for them all, specially Lulu. Gonna try to pay a little more attention to her since shes lacking space at the moment and starting to turn lime green. I set her up on the bench so Viloet would stop hovering over her.

Smokin a :smiley_joint:, its snowing at the moment. Not sure but I think Im going to flower the girls in a couple weeks. They are getting so big, and I have topped them like you've all told me to. Theres about 4-8 New preflowers on each plant. Im afraid if I GROW bigger they will sufficate eachother by flowering. So, should I let them veg for their full two months or start at a 1 1/2months on flowering? Eitherway Im happy with the baby girls...opps Young ladies.

Anywho heres da babies hope you like. Comment, Rate, Rep

P3
P2
P4
P5
P7
P6
P1
tokinupon1

tokinupon1

Looking good keep it rocking... Looks like they liked the topping!

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Oh yeah they did!!

At the moment we are tying purps and mz bitch's stems down to get some undergrowth going seeing thats why violets doing so splendid.

Just gave them their water with foodies.

Noticed something about purp. I forgot that she was the last one to be transplanted, so obviously I used less perlite cause IM OUT! Well the reason why she did so terrible last week was because I over watered her, but I also forgot that her drainage wasn't up to par like with the other ladies... so she was way more saturated.

Tonight, I literally sat in here for thirty mins waiting for her to drain completely. Good thing I thought of this cause I was right. Mz B. Vi, and Lulu drained faster than she did. She took an extra TEN bleepin minutes for her soil to drain. Take note people!! Don't saturate your ladies! To much L.O.V.E. :sign0055:

Thanks for the check up Tokes!

Latest posts

Top Bottom