• Thread starter Tex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Sunday Bones..

Another gorgeous Sunday around the Farm.. A couple of racks of ribs smoking away with some scrausage and smoked pintos.. :giggle

IMG 2343
IMG 2347
true grit

true grit

Yeah man!!! Need to attack me some ribs this week too! Need to get back in teh groove before Coachella comes around! lol

D

DixinCider

hell yeah! looks sooooo good man! i would deff give it a shot. nothing like getting baked and having a good bbq!

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah man!!! Need to attack me some ribs this week too! Need to get back in teh groove before Coachella comes around! lol

:D For sure bro.. Gotta get prepared and ready.. When is it?

Hell yeah looks tasty. What kind of ribs you got there?
Thanks bro, they are SL style pork spare.. yumm ummm

hell yeah! looks sooooo good man! i would deff give it a shot. nothing like getting baked and having a good bbq!

Haha.. I agree, nothing better than getting blasted and njoying the day bbqing.. Thanks hommie.. BTW, I likes a 'lil Dixin Cider every now & then... :D.. Please forgive my shotty memory, was that off of SNL? I loved that skit or whatever that was.. Crap I cannot remember

D

DixinCider

:D For sure bro.. Gotta get prepared and ready.. When is it?

Thanks bro, they are SL style pork spare.. yumm ummm

Haha.. I agree, nothing better than getting blasted and njoying the day bbqing.. Thanks hommie.. BTW, I likes a 'lil Dixin Cider every now & then... :D.. Please forgive my shotty memory, was that off of SNL? I loved that skit or whatever that was.. Crap I cannot remember

you're very welcome :) hahah as do i my friend! i have not seen that one lol. my name came from a conv i had with a buddy, i couldn't think of a name so i told him the first thing that came to his mind i would use. so this was it. hahaha

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
you're very welcome :) hahah as do i my friend! i have not seen that one lol. my name came from a conv i had with a buddy, i couldn't think of a name so i told him the first thing that came to his mind i would use. so this was it. hahaha

:D Right on bro.. I think SNL or someone used to have one of those fake commercials where the Apple cider was called Dicken's.. So they would do this whole skit on a lady saying when she get home from a long day or by a hot pool, etc etc. etc. she likes a lil "dicken cider" :D Funny funny..

Giddeon

Giddeon

You know I almost could have guessed the SL style pork spare rib. Even after cooking hundreds and hundreds of racks for Famous Daves still my favorite cut of ribs!!

D

DixinCider

:D Right on bro.. I think SNL or someone used to have one of those fake commercials where the Apple cider was called Dicken's.. So they would do this whole skit on a lady saying when she get home from a long day or by a hot pool, etc etc. etc. she likes a lil "dicken cider" :D Funny funny..

hahahahah i'm going to have to look for that later ^_^

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

haha your a good man Tex, keep on living life how it's suppose to be lived =-p Take it easy, that BBQ puts northeasterns to shame

true grit

true grit

Realized ive never trimmed up some spare ribs st. louis style...mostly just stick to baby backs- now im stoked...easy as shit and way more meat fa sho.. Need to get on this manana...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
love my weber kettle. Iam knowen as King Weber. We only use our farm raised organic chicken, pork and beef from local farms.
our friends raise grass fed beef and we get t bones 3 inches thick. We do them cowboy style which we use applewood. I get the fire blazing on one side of kettle and put the steak directly on flame to sear till almost burnt. I then move steak over to other side away from flame, cover and roast/smoke for 15 min or so. Awesome. another thing is we age the meat. I put steak on a plate in kitchen cabnet. Under the plate I put an ice pack to keep cool, change daily. I age steak for 3 or 4 days. reallly adds flavor and tenderizes...about 2 hrs prior to cooking i rub course sea salt and cracked black pepper, simple seasoning. We love to cook, we love to eat, and were lucky to be farmers and grow mostof our own, and never buy milk, veggies,cheese, eggs, meat, bread, from stores, we either grow our own or buy local from other farms..We live in paradise when it comes to eating real foods...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Awesome recipie... Terryaki chicken and pork ribs....
This is one of my favorite chicken pork recipies.

4 or 5 large botles of kikoman Teryaki marinade. I use a large glass container large enough to cover and soak all meats completly.
3 grapefruit
4 oranges
ginger
2 bulbs garlic
4 onions
I slice and squeeze all juice from fruit into sauce, slice onion, ginger, garlic and marinate meat with the fruit peels included. Soak for 24 hrs.
I never use commercial briquets, I prefer mexician charcoal, can find at mexican meat shops. I use indirect cooking method on my weber kettle with drip pan under stacked meats, 1 layer chicken 1 layer pork including fruits, onions the whole shebang goes on grill.....cover and cook till done should rotate meats a few times. Fablous, sweetness from fruit... Cant go wrong ...

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Awesome recipie... Terryaki chicken and pork ribs....
This is one of my favorite chicken pork recipies.

4 or 5 large botles of kikoman Teryaki marinade. I use a large glass container large enough to cover and soak all meats completly.
3 grapefruit
4 oranges
ginger
2 bulbs garlic
4 onions
I slice and squeeze all juice from fruit into sauce, slice onion, ginger, garlic and marinate meat with the fruit peels included. Soak for 24 hrs.
I never use commercial briquets, I prefer mexician charcoal, can find at mexican meat shops. I use indirect cooking method on my weber kettle with drip pan under stacked meats, 1 layer chicken 1 layer pork including fruits, onions the whole shebang goes on grill.....cover and cook till done should rotate meats a few times. Fablous, sweetness from fruit... Cant go wrong ...

:rock

Right on bro.. I likes that recipe.. Thanks for sharing.. I too like mex charcoal, seems to pop a bit more than most but it's really good in the flavor and smell depts, or atleast the ones I use.. Weber makes good gear and I dig that method of layering, great idea . :rock I have a weber smokey mountain that I use every now and then just for a small meal, and that baby hold heat for 10-12 hours on 15-20lbs of lump. Unreal, but just wish it was bigger to throw on some real food.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Kingsford and store bought briquets have binders in em and i believe thats not soo good. I also use oak, apple and other hardwoods as well when cooking. with the hard woods one must sear and cook quick....doing this reciepe tonite...in Omaha..mother in law,97 yrs old, grand lady....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Also we have a large rotisserie that we cook whole young milk fed goats on over hardwood. I stuff em with my stuffing will post recipie pretty awesome, willl work for chicken, turkey anything....time now for basement vapes, then feast...hard for me to just sit...so ill be postin away

T

treehugger

Kingsford and store bought briquets have binders in em and i believe thats not soo good. I also use oak, apple and other hardwoods as well when cooking. with the hard woods one must sear and cook quick....doing this reciepe tonite...in Omaha..mother in law,97 yrs old, grand lady....

Kingsford has more chemicals in it than real charcoal! The largest ingredient in Kingsford is COAL, and a very poor grade of coal at that. Then they add lime (to control the burn), binders, sodium nitrate and (finally) real charcoal DUST. That's right, the only charcoal in charcoal briquettes is the dust left over from processing "real" lump charcoal...

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lump.htm

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Also no comparsion taste wise using real wood..

Top Bottom