BBQ & Smoker Enthusiast Thread..

• Thread starter Tex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

Great thread Tex!!! Thanks I just started smoking meats last year after watching bbq pitmaster. Ive probably only smoked 7 or 8 tri tips and all have been bomb!!! I finally got a smoker its a cheap H2o smoker but works great. The longest Ive smoked for is only about 7 to 8 hours, still a noob. There is a butcher nearby called "The Beef Palace" they have awesome cuts but I usally just go there for the house rub. I started off with a good rub down making sure I get it in all the cracks, then I spray with apple juice and put on the smoker I use apple wood chips, and thats it. From then on it is a constant battle keeping enough coals lit to keep it smoking. The last few times Ive had a few friends over who were stationed in Texas for a few years while in the army and they were super impressed with the flavor and tenderness saying it was just like the best Texas bbq they have tasted maybe even better. Tex you just inspired me to throw one on next weekend, I will deffinitly post pics

ps. when I do use bbq sauce its a blend of sweet baby rays orig mixed with a fuck load of honey and a splash of apple cider vineger. Taste like the bomb

S

spinkus

lm doin 2 racks of baby backs in the smoker, and 2 rotisserie chickens on the grill for our cookout tomorrow. l'll post pics tomorrow for sure! We have this locally made sauce around here called pappys smokin sauce and it is perfect for the smoked meats.

And the rotisserie l just got for my grill was like 60 bucks and worth every damn penny if u eat chicken as much as we do!

Great thread tex

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Ya man rotisserie chicken is awesome, we raise our our 6 to 8 lb hens with custom mixed organic feeds and stuff em cant be beat...

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Thanks for the thread Tex. I can barely cook a ribeye on a gas grill and have never ventured into real BBQ/smoking, but now you've got me pretty interested. Guess I have another 30 yrs or so to work on it LOL

S

sbkg

Haven't bought me a smoker yet but I did make some venison jerky right in the oven on 200 degrees for 3.5 hrs. marinated over night in soy sauce, worstshire sauce, tons of black pepper, garlic and salt, tobasco, and cayenne powder, I must say it turned out super dank!

~Highagain

~Highagain

This is my favorite website of for smoking meats. Has every bit of info you would need from what smokers are good to how to keep your fire going for hours. I particularly love the memphis dust dry rub reciepe that I use on my Babybacks. http://www.amazingribs.com/

Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil

maybe another "Salt Lick" ;) Smoke meats and buds.. Sure sounding good to me right about now..

Salt Lick is the shit! great Q for sure..
Have a good recipe for a brisket bbq sauce?

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Salt Lick is the shit! great Q for sure..
Have a good recipe for a brisket bbq sauce?

Never have tried the teryaki marinade recipie i posted with brisket, bet its worth a shot...

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
You guys sure know how to give a guy the munches!

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

baby-back-ribs.gif

mmmmmm....mmmmm... GOOD!

Giddeon

Giddeon

Going to have to get down on some ribs tonight just bought 3 bags of lump coal and I have a good collection of apple wood and mesquite to do some smoking with. I also picked up a weed burner to get things going. Pics coming soon :)

obsoul33t

obsoul33t

IBL
grew up on oakland style ghetto bbq ... i have the pasion for que and have owned a few different rigs for catering but now my favorite pit is a backwoods party with heat diverter and controlled by a bbq guru damper control ... can smoke with dead solid temps for as long as needed ... did some backs yesterday and for 6 hours not even a 10 degree fluctuation....
with this rig i get about 6-8 hours from a load of lump depending on wind mostly ....

I fill the smoke box with lump and then into a small pyramid shape with the peak toward the lower damper i then use one weber wax marshmellow to fire the lump .. i find that if you fire any other way you over fire the coal and end up overshooting temps ..

thanks for your tips tex you got the knowledge ! i have always used full packer briskets untrimmed fat side up , im dying to now try it fat down .
although mine always ends up like butter im always down to improve ..

need no teef to eat this beef......

cheers

Smoker 006
F

fuzzy

Nice Smoker

Say Obs, thats a nice smoker you have there!What brand is it if you dont mind me asking. dirty southern bbq,fuzzy

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
grew up on oakland style ghetto bbq ... i have the pasion for que and have owned a few different rigs for catering but now my favorite pit is a backwoods party with heat diverter and controlled by a bbq guru damper control ... can smoke with dead solid temps for as long as needed ... did some backs yesterday and for 6 hours not even a 10 degree fluctuation....
with this rig i get about 6-8 hours from a load of lump depending on wind mostly ....

I fill the smoke box with lump and then into a small pyramid shape with the peak toward the lower damper i then use one weber wax marshmellow to fire the lump .. i find that if you fire any other way you over fire the coal and end up overshooting temps ..

thanks for your tips tex you got the knowledge ! i have always used full packer briskets untrimmed fat side up , im dying to now try it fat down .
although mine always ends up like butter im always down to improve ..

need no teef to eat this beef......

cheers

Right on bro, I likes that smoker a lot. Might have to come there and let ya hook it up for me. :D

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
After Looking Thru The Whole Thread

I'm rather hungry for some BBQ, I live in the boonies and there aren't many good restaurants around. Mostly I'll cook big steaks on the grill, but after drooling over everyones meat(not gay) I think I need a smoker. After I get all my seeds paid for I'm grabbing me one, just kidding about the seeds, before I get the recent ones paid for I've been to THCBay and bought more. Looking forward to smoking a packer fat side down. Hope your feeling better Tex, thanks for this awesomeness

mal

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Just found this thread,Fuckin stoner bbq junkies!Im cooking on a homemade UDS right now(it rocks) but also help out when i have time on my buds bbq team here in cali,Surprisingly alot of comp guys burn more than wood!Ive been so busy with my grow room i have not had time to complete my other projects which are a clone of a stumps vertical and also a clone of a gator party pit.you can see some of my handiwork over at the BBQ brethren.com,ive built about 20 pits now but my buds always talk me into selling them,I also have plans to do up another badass santa maria rig soon,tri tip is an art form here in cali.

Top Bottom