Been having a few problems

• Thread starter DazedNconfused78
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Ok the main idea is just to expose the calmag to dilited nutes instead of dumpintlg straight into the res. You can mix everything all at once.
1. Bucket of water
2. Add calmag to water
3. Smoke a joint
4. Sdd micro to the bucket
5. Add bloom to the bucket and then whatever else.
6. Pour this bucket into a res full of water until youre at the right ppm
Ok. I got you. I think. Mix it like you just said. Pour some in until i get to the right ppm. Then if their us room for more water i can put more water in. Check ppm again. And add more nutes if i need to to get back to the right ppm again and so on. Then check my ph. And adjust it.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

I recommend you follow the veg ratios, jist make sure you only add enough to get your ppm where ypu need it. Usually half the recommended dose is right around the sweet spot for them
Yes. My res was down 10 gallons. I mixed the nutes as followed. This is what i did yesterday.
1. Bucket of water
2. Added micro for only 5 gallons. Half strength for me actually needing 10 gallons of water.
3. Put it in my res. Let it mix in res while filling my bucket again.
4. Mixed my grow and bloom nutes in the second bucket. And used the grow measurement on my bottle. Actually the figures my wife figured out for gallons instead of liters. Sorry. I'm not Canadian. Lol. My bad, eh. Im from Minnesota originally. Anyway. Lmao
5. Poured that into the res and checked the ppm. I just didn't add any calmag to it at all.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Yeah you should be ok. Again, its cutting corners but the girls will still get the food they need
Just make sure you save enough bloom nutes for bloom🤣
I can get more real quick. We have a hydro shop close

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Ok. For instance. The pic i sent of my wifes figures for feeding by gallon. I needed 132mls of bloom nutes. So at that ratio. I used 25ml for the 10 gallons of fresh water i put in my res

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Ok so first of all they should be getting cal mag all the time. I dont want to say that they CANT overdose on Ca or Mg but even feeding at 2x the recommended strength shouldnt cause a problem. 2nd, when using a calmag product, always add it to plain water first, smoke a joint, and then add the micro, then the rest. Let me look at your feed chart for a minute but give them calmag now. Watch for tip burn and dark dark leaves, thats N toxicity. I usually aim for 500-600 ppm for veg and then in bloom well i jist start topping my res up with bloom nutes instead of veg nutes so that the res gradually transitions from veg to bloom. Once ive added a total of 50 gallons of bloom nutes, i switch to my mid-bloom mix. Then i gradually add my swelling nutes, and my proprietary blend for essential oil and cannabinoid production, and then at week 6-8 (depending on how long the strain takes to finish) i dump the res and add my finishers and ripeners for 2 weeks and then instead of flushing for the last 2 weeks i instead add more RO water to the res every day making it weaker and weaker by the day so that by the last 3 days before harvest its basically just plain water. Thats how i run my system, just in case it gives you any ideas. Many studies have shown that giving nitrogen in the first 4 weeks of bloom drastically increases rhe yield (as much as 20% in some cases.) I would explain why but im in the middle of making white widow live rosin and im tired from harvest on top of it. Its a good kind of tired though. Ok let me look at your nutes. Y'know it would be a lot easier on me (dont be selfish🤣🤣) if you just switched to general hydroponics flora series nutes. 🤣🤣🤣 ok gimme a sec.

Oh in case it helps on the future, 1 gallon is 3.789 liters.
Can i switch in the middle of a grow? Because i will get what i need today and refill my res with fresh water and start over. I was just looking at GH's feeding schedule. I like how its ml/per g

Last edited:
DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Ok. I got you. I think. Mix it like you just said. Pour some in until i get to the right ppm. Then if their us room for more water i can put more water in. Check ppm again. And add more nutes if i need to to get back to the right ppm again and so on. Then check my ph. And adjust it.
You got it bro. Just like that
And yes, absolutely. Totally cool to switch nutes mid grow, just dont mix different brands together

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

You got it bro. Just like that
And yes, absolutely. Totally cool to switch nutes mid grow, just dont mix different brands together
Ok. So if i go buy Gh's flors series grow micro bloom and just redo my water i will be ok?

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Right? I asked my grow shop guy and he said he has this. And any supplements?

Screenshot 20210517 134704 Chrome
DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

So i am going now to get new nutes. They are feeding right now. Too late to stop it. Anyway. When i get back i am going to redo the water. Will you tell me exactly what you would do? Please? For the stage i am in now. I have that big fan in my tent. I am either going to order a hurricane oscillating fan and the liter sized nutes. Or no fan and gallon sized nutes. Is the fan i have in there ok you think. Or can i get by with just the liter sized nutes and just buy an oscillating fan?

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

And what would you recommend my light height be at? And percentage? Sorry. I ask alot of questions. But these are all things i didn't know before talking to people like you and doing research. I have learned so much about this in the last 3 months its crazy. I have packed what seems like years of knowledge into my brain. Thanks a bunch.

Screenshot 20210510 211126 Chrome
Last edited:
DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

@DreamwalkerJ This is what i ended up with at the hydro shop. Lol. I'm ready now. I put them in the order that i think they go in the water. Is that how you would you do it? And from now on would it just be easier to message thru private?

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@DreamwalkerJ This is what i ended up with at the hydro shop. Lol. I'm ready now. I put them in the order that i think they go in the water. Is that how you would you do it?
Just popping in as I see your covered to say... return the Kool bloom. Good product but not needed since you can change your NPK ratios with your 3 part. If ya wanted to add something in return maybe floralicious for the sulfur and some other minor goodies that can (not will) help with terps and flavinoids. If using autofeed you may not want to and I would use sparingly

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Just popping in as I see your covered to say... return the Kool bloom. Good product but not needed since you can change your NPK ratios with your 3 part. If ya wanted to add something in return maybe floralicious for the sulfur and some other minor good that can (not will) help with terps and flavinoids.
No please. Any extra info you have is appreciated. So really i am good with just the 3 part nutes and my plants will look like pictures i see? Of course with other factors too. But as far as nutes go? Im good?

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Just popping in as I see your covered to say... return the Kool bloom. Good product but not needed since you can change your NPK ratios with your 3 part. If ya wanted to add something in return maybe floralicious for the sulfur and some other minor goodies that can (not will) help with terps and flavinoids. If using autofeed you may not want to and I would use sparinglyn.
Not sure what auto feed means. But they feed on a timer every 4 hours. Flood and drain. Rockwool cubes. No baskets.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not sure what auto feed means. But they feed on a timer every 4 hours. Flood and drain. Rockwool cubes. No baskets.
Yeah thats autofeed I would not even attempt to use floralicious in it personally... ut can be done. About all I'll add if it hasn't is that top feeding once a week will help clear any salt buildup that can come with a flood and drain system. And yes those 3 will do it all for ya.

Hell until recently I grew with a 1 part dry fert called mega crop. Now I use thier 2 part. Keep it simple and as suggested many get great results from the Lucas formula. Never tried it personally.

To put it plain and simple the more bottles you ha e to use the more your being ripped off. Now in liquid nutes 2-3 is common because some don't mix well together in concentrates.

Come to think of it a top feed once a week with enzymes would be a good addition. Helps clean up the roots and break down nutrients so would help reduce any chance of buildup of decaying or shedding roots that can lead to rot or bugs.

I use hygrozyme but many good ones out there like komplete etc.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Yeah thats autofeed I would not even attempt to use floralicious in it personally... ut can be done. About all I'll add if it hasn't is that top feeding once a week will help clear any salt buildup that can come with a flood and drain system. And yes those 3 will do it all for ya.

Hell until recently I grew with a 1 part dry fert called mega crop. Now I use thier 2 part. Keep it simple and as suggested many get great results from the Lucas formula. Never tried it personally.

To put it plain and simple the more bottles you ha e to use the more your being ripped off. Now in liquid nutes 2-3 is common because some don't mix well together in concentrates.

Come to think of it a top feed once a week with enzymes would be a good addition. Helps clean up the roots and break down nutrients so would help reduce any chance of buildup of decaying or shedding roots that can lead to rot or bugs.

I use hygrozyme but many good ones out there like komplete etc.
So i top watered with just water one time and they seemed to like it. So i will keep that in mind.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So i top watered with just water one time and they seemed to like it. So i will keep that in mind.
No no always nutrient solution or it will throw things out of balance... plants like stability... stability is very important. Just once a week give em a good top feed with the same nutrients from your res. Maybe some enzymes added. If you add enzymes you can lower the ppm of that feed because the enzymes will very quickly make unavailable nutrients available

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

No no always nutrient solution or it will throw things out of balance... plants like stability... stability is very important. Just once a week give em a good top feed with the same nutrients from your res. Maybe some enzymes added. If you add enzymes you can lower the ppm of that feed because the enzymes will very quickly make unavailable nutrients available
Ok. I got you.

Top Bottom