Been having a few problems

• Thread starter DazedNconfused78
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Lights on will be the test
Yeah. And i might have a rain day tomorrow. So i will do the old switch-a-roo and move that ducting around. Cold intake through the bottom and the warm dry air into the top of the tent. And then it will exhaust. Next grow i will rig something up to have the dehumidifier in the tent. Sitting above the flood tray on a 2Ă—10 or something. Directly below the exhaust. Then i will duct all the hot air from it straight up and out of the tent. Then i will just use the portable ac i get and probably duct it straight into the tent. I'm gonna get a controller for them too. Actually i am going to get all of these things. Check out the venturi pump.

Screenshot 20210621 003144 Amazon Shopping
DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Yeah. And i might have a rain day tomorrow. So i will do the old switch-a-roo and move that ducting around. Cold intake through the bottom and the warm dry air into the top of the tent. And then it will exhaust. Next grow i will rig something up to have the dehumidifier in the tent. Sitting above the flood tray on a 2Ă—10 or something. Directly below the exhaust. Then i will duct all the hot air from it straight up and out of the tent. Then i will just use the portable ac i get and probably duct it straight into the tent. I'm gonna get a controller for them too. Actually i am going to get all of these things. Check out the venturi pump.
The hydrofarm 400gph is better for almost the same price. IMHO

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

I keep the same one in my 55gal res running 24/7 strictly for circulation and aeration. Temps always below 70 and no more fucking air stones
It will literally mix and aerate the entire volume of the 50 gal res 8 times ever hour. That shit stays oxygenated. I keep is suctioned to the bottom of my res and i hand my flood pump above it so when my flood pump turns on, it sucks in the freshly aerated and mixed water thats being shot out of the venturi pump and as a bonus, because its not on the bottom it wont ever suck in sediment or buildups to feed to the plants

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

It will literally mix and aerate the entire volume of the 50 gal res 8 times ever hour. That shit stays oxygenated. I keep is suctioned to the bottom of my res and i hand my flood pump above it so when my flood pump turns on, it sucks in the freshly aerated and mixed water thats being shot out of the venturi pump and as a bonus, because its not on the bottom it wont ever suck in sediment or buildups to feed to the plants
So your flood pump is just hanging in the water?

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

So your flood pump is just hanging in the water?
Yep. About 2/3 down. I stuck a 4 inch length of hose on my venturi pump to direct the output toward the side of the res a bit instead of blasting straight up and my flood pump hangs directly in the path of the venturi discharge. My drain pump line runs into the bottom of the res right beside the venturi pump so anything drained into the res gets mixed back in thoroughly.

Last edited:
DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

You should be starting your first day of week 4 today, i believe. You should really be seeing the white puffy balls of fur now. Theyve got what i like to call" their big girl hairs" now 🤣🤣 Right now is when nitrogen should be getting lower and phosphorus higher and then start of week 5 you keep going but they should also start getting more potassium then too. Basically now is when you really want to start switching over to full bloom nutes. What i would also be doing right around now is taking a real good look at my bud sites everywhere. Look at the canopy from above and make sure there arent any big fan leaves blocking bud sites. And make sure you have a nice even flat canopy, all your tops are the same height. Then look under the screen and make sure there is 1. Ample space to allow for adequate air circulation and transpiration. And 2. Any
smaller, underdeveloped branches that look like they will be less than 2nd harvest trim, remove them now and just let the plant use that energy for the better buds. By 2nd harvest, what i mean is that i carefully watch everything above the screen and check the trichomes with the scope daily until the tops are ready to harvest. I prefer to harvest when the trichomes are a thick milky white and there is the odd trich head starting to turn yellow/amber (1 out of every 10 maybe). But this is what i enjoy, you harvest when you please. Ive harvested good indicas late mostly amber and that was my bedtime medicine right there. Anyways, watch the trichs and go down the stalks until i see some of the trichs are still clear, and then i chop a couple nodes above that if the nugs feel right in the hand. Then after taking the tops I'll remove the screen and let the rest of the plants continue to mature but you must watch closely, sometimes they need another 2 weeks and sometimes it only days. But this is what i personally do, just to give you some ideas and since i start new clones at the same time i start flowering, waiting the extra time to get a 2nd harvest doesnt bother me because ive already got new plants waiting to flower. Thats the beauty of perpetual.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

I just wanted to share with the group... @Aqua Man and @DazedNconfused78 ......... 5 of 6 of my seeds have taproots starting to turn down into the rockwool cubes in 16.5 hours after putting them in the cubes. No germination beforehand. All i did was razor the seams just enough to let the shell split, then planted. That seems fast to me, right?. 2 are my own cross of humboldt sour blueberry X seedsman white widow..... 1 sativa dom blue dream...... and 2 humboldt sour blueberry (sour diesel X blueberry)

Ive seen purple but im determined to have smurf rosin 🤣🤣🤣. I cant wait to see how its going to smell in here..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I just wanted to share with the group... @Aqua Man and @DazedNconfused78 ......... 5 of 6 of my seeds have taproots starting to turn down into the rockwool cubes in 16.5 hours after putting them in the cubes. No germination beforehand. All i did was razor the seams just enough to let the shell split, then planted. That seems fast to me, right?. 2 are my own cross of humboldt sour blueberry X seedsman white widow..... 1 sativa dom blue dream...... and 2 humboldt sour blueberry (sour diesel X blueberry)

Ive seen purple but im determined to have smurf rosin 🤣🤣🤣. I cant wait to see how its going to smell in here..
Yeah thats fast.... f1 genetics typically have a good Vigor but that's still fast.

Last edited:
DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

You should be starting your first day of week 4 today, i believe. You should really be seeing the white puffy balls of fur now. Theyve got what i like to call" their big girl hairs" now 🤣🤣 Right now is when nitrogen should be getting lower and phosphorus higher and then start of week 5 you keep going but they should also start getting more potassium then too. Basically now is when you really want to start switching over to full bloom nutes. What i would also be doing right around now is taking a real good look at my bud sites everywhere. Look at the canopy from above and make sure there arent any big fan leaves blocking bud sites. And make sure you have a nice even flat canopy, all your tops are the same height. Then look under the screen and make sure there is 1. Ample space to allow for adequate air circulation and transpiration. And 2. Any
smaller, underdeveloped branches that look like they will be less than 2nd harvest trim, remove them now and just let the plant use that energy for the better buds. By 2nd harvest, what i mean is that i carefully watch everything above the screen and check the trichomes with the scope daily until the tops are ready to harvest. I prefer to harvest when the trichomes are a thick milky white and there is the odd trich head starting to turn yellow/amber (1 out of every 10 maybe). But this is what i enjoy, you harvest when you please. Ive harvested good indicas late mostly amber and that was my bedtime medicine right there. Anyways, watch the trichs and go down the stalks until i see some of the trichs are still clear, and then i chop a couple nodes above that if the nugs feel right in the hand. Then after taking the tops I'll remove the screen and let the rest of the plants continue to mature but you must watch closely, sometimes they need another 2 weeks and sometimes it only days. But this is what i personally do, just to give you some ideas and since i start new clones at the same time i start flowering, waiting the extra time to get a 2nd harvest doesnt bother me because ive already got new plants waiting to flower. Thats the beauty of perpetual.
I went to flower on the 30th of april. Is that 4 weeks already? Holy shit it is!. Ok. Yes. This next weekend i plan on doing a total res change. Because i have only been topping up using the weekly schedule for bloom. Ppm at 950. 160 of that is my tap water. And EC at 1.7 or so. I might actually be able to do a second harvest. I have alot of growth underneath i hate to just cut off.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

That is a HORRIBLE attitude to have. You should ALWAYS want them to look BETTER next time. 🤣. Good job though friend, im glad youre happy with it. Oh i forgot to ask, whats the RH sitrep?
Lol. I want them all to be tops next time. And i think a 3 week shorter veg will help. And less defoliation too. 3 weeks less. I had so much growth. Small bathroom sized trash can sized. Like 1 a week.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I went to flower on the 30th of april. Is that 4 weeks already? Holy shit it is!. Ok. Yes. This next weekend i plan on doing a total res change. Because i have only been topping up using the weekly schedule for bloom. Ppm at 950. 160 of that is my tap water. And EC at 1.7 or so. I might actually be able to do a second harvest. I have alot of growth underneath i hate to just cut off.
That's why I lollipop and strip side shoots close to the growing tip.... @Dirtbag Taught me the sideshow trick and I love it. No more popcorn bud.

I know he has been very busy with his new business but the selfish part of me misses that dude.

Top Bottom