Been having a few problems

• Thread starter DazedNconfused78
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

I can get it down to 43% sometimes. Nothing really seems different when that happens though

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

But are you doing anything to evacuate the hot air from the tent? The dehumidifier needs to suck in the moist air from inside the tent, remove moisture and then blow it back in. If the intake for the dehumidifier is outside your tent, it is basically doing nothing but adding XX% RH air to the tent.
The way my tents are set up is to have an intake fan draw air in from an external carbon filter ( i have cats so i want my air filtered) and then a seperate fan sucks the hot air from the tent through my HID light hood and oit of the tent through another carbon filter. I have a dehumidifier inside my tent so regardless of how the air changes, the dehumidifier keeps the rh constant. I also have a portable ac so later when it gets hotter, the portable ac goes in the tent and the hot air exhaust ducting patches into my evac fan. Once you get it adjusted it works like a symphony, each piece doing its part to make something freaking magical.. your humidity could also be affected by having the res in the tent, is it covered? At any rate its not that big of an issue considering your target RH for veg should be between 50% - 70% (i prefer the lower end) but for flower youre going to want to get that humidity down to around 40-50%, thats when you really need to monitor it
Yeah. I might be able to get both if them in the tent. 5×5 tent. Its a tight squeeze. I think i vegged them about 2 or 3 weeks too long. Leaves are touching the sides of the tent. I think the 4 week veg is the mark for my 6 plants.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You suck the hot air out of the top of the tent and put cool air in the bottom. As the air heats, it rises and gets sucked out, cooling your plants and the tent in the process.
If you are blowing the hot air back into the same room with the tent, not good. All your doing is moving the heat around, not getting rid of it.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

You suck the hot air out of the top of the tent and put cool air in the bottom. As the air heats, it rises and gets sucked out, cooling your plants and the tent in the process.
If you are blowing the hot air back into the same room with the tent, not good. All your doing is moving the heat around, not getting rid of it
I am venting everything outside. So that isn't it. But i have my hot air blowing in at the bottom of the tent bacause of the dehumidifier. Then i have the aur conditioner air blowing over the top of my lights. Maybe that is the problem. I should switch them around. But i do have my carbon filter and exhaust out of the top if the tent and then out of the window.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I am venting everything outside. So that isn't it. But i have my hot air blowing in at the bottom of the tent bacause of the dehumidifier. Then i have the aur conditioner air blowing over the top of my lights. Maybe that is the problem. I should switch them around. But i do have my carbon filter and exhaust out of the top if the tent and then out of the window.
Yeah, swap those two around and see what happens.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I have a port in the very middle center at about canopy height. I don't want to blow that hot air on them....So do i want it to come in above my lights?
Yes. Why are you pumping hot air? Do you have a hot dehumidifier or a cool one?

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

That will keep my res super cool too
@ComfortablyNumb is right. My air intake/C filter is at the bottom of the tent. All it does is suck air in (i have cats so i use a C filter for intake too. Im growing medicinal amd it needs to be clean. Thats why). Then inside the tent at the top my exhaust fan pulls the hot air from the tent, through the light hood and out of the tent. The dehumidifier is inside the tent. My portable AC goes into the tent if needed during hot summers and the hot air exhaust from it gets patched into my air evac system. Suck infrom the bottom and blow out the top.. try to put them in opposit corners too, like your intake in the bottom left port on the tent and you blow exhaust out of the top right corner. This helps to keeps air flowing as well. Does this help?

Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I guess a hot dehumidifier. I didn't know i could get a cool one. I am getting a portable ac unit in a couple days to offset the hot air and it also dehumidifies
Ok, most dehumidifiers heat the air to extract water. Others cool the air to remove water. An air conditioner is basically the same thing.
When you get it, put the A/C in the bottom and pull hot from the top and don't worry about the dehumidifier at first. See what that does to your temps and RH level.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

@ComfortablyNumb is right. My air intake/C filter is at the bottom of the tent. All it does is suck air in (i have cats so i use a C filter for intake too. Im growing medicinal amd it needs to be clean. Thats why). Then inside the tent at the top my exhaust fan pulls the hot air from the tent, through the light hood and out of the tent. The dehumidifier is inside the tent. My portable AC goes into the tent if needed during hot summers and the hot air exhaust from it gets patched into my air evac system. Suck infrom the bottom and blow out the top.. try to put them in opposit corners too, like your intake in the bottom left port on the tent and you blow exhaust out of the top right corner. This helps to keeps air flowing as well. Does this help?
This is how i have it. Bottom left is intake. But right now its the hot dehumidifier air. It obviously needs to be the cold. Am i following? Then how do i dehumidify? The dehumidifier has the air in the room down to 30% rh. Will that do it?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

This is how i have it. Bottom left is intake. But right now its the hot dehumidifier air. It obviously needs to be the cold. Am i following? Then how do i dehumidify? The dehumidifier has the air in the room down to 30% rh. Will that do it?
30% is really low already. If that's the room the tent is in, that should be more than enough.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

30% is really low already. If that's the room the tent is in, that should be more than enough.
So just use the 4 inch intake fan to bring that room air in when i get the ac into the bottom of the tent? As long as i have the cold air coming in below the warmer dryer air right?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

So just use the 4 inch intake fan to bring that room air in when i get the ac into the bottom of the tent? As long as i have the cold air coming in below the warmer dryer air right?
Yeah, that should do it. Run the heat sucking fan on high to make sure you have enough circulation.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Like right now at lights out i csn get it right where i want it to be. 46% rh 4 inch intake at a 10 and 6 inch exhaust at a 2. Right now its about 76-77 degrees. Rh at 46%

Top Bottom