Been having a few problems

• Thread starter DazedNconfused78
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Yeah pics... of it looks like toilet paper that's actually bacteria... beneficial it will grow on anything.. plastic, tubing, pumps etc. Just make sure it's not on the roots if so just give em a gentle brush. Of using h2o2 it means you need to either add a bit more or more likely add more frequent. Warmer res temps will greatly speed up reproduction rates... also plant growth so if bennies it will go away after a bit and you may see some after each res change.... if sterile like h2o2 increase the frequency and maybe to dose by 1/2.
So increase the frequency of h202? Right now i am putting it in the res every 3 days. 11 parts water to 1 part 34% h202

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes. Thats exactly it
Yeah can add 10 ml per gal every 2 days... I usually recommend the lower amount to start... warmer temps can require a bit more. Should clear it up.... that bacteria usually feeds off ammonia can't remember exactly but it's not a concern as long as you keep it from building up on the roots usually will stick around a few days and clear up... even in a live res. It burns itself out of food pretty quick.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Hey boys! @DazedNconfused78 and @Aqua Man hows it going gentlemen? How are the ladies doing Dazed? Show me some pics. I feel invested now and want to know how our ladies are doing 🤣 hey @Aqua Man , from one canadian to another, you gotta watch a cartoon called "knuckleheads" and the episode im talking about is called "tales from the woods". I recommend watching that episode and another one called "soldiers of misfortune". You have to watch the first one just for the parts with the shrooms🤣 and the other episode is just hilarious considering our military......"WALK!? That could weeks, months even....... we dont have that much weed!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 sorry guys, this is what happens when people leave me alone with my rosin press. Lol

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Hey boys! @DazedNconfused78 and @Aqua Man hows it going gentlemen? How are the ladies doing Dazed? Show me some pics. I feel invested now and want to know how our ladies are doing 🤣 hey @Aqua Man , from one canadian to another, you gotta watch a cartoon called "knuckleheads" and the episode im talking about is called "tales from the woods". I recommend watching that episode and another one called "soldiers of misfortune". You have to watch the first one just for the parts with the shrooms🤣 and the other episode is just hilarious considering our military......"WALK!? That could weeks, months even....... we dont have that much weed!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 sorry guys, this is what happens when people leave me alone with my rosin press. Lol
Redid the res and went with live instead. Fishshit! The plants filled in good. I don't know what to trim anymore. I feel like i am trimming potential buds if i take all of the lower growth off. I would really like it if the plants would get about 3 inches taller. Any way i can promote them to do that? If i cut a fan leaf connected to a node where a bud is going to grow will i kill it? Where exactly on the new growth does the bud grow from? I have looked at pics and cannot figure it out. Then they could double in size and still be far enough away from my light at the end of the grow. They are in about their 6th week of veg. So i redid the res at the same ratio they have for week 4. Trying to load some pics.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

They really filled in nice. I want to expose the growth under the canopy. How can i do that? Defoliating i know. But can i cut leaves connected to nodes?

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

They really filled in nice. I want to expose the growth under the canopy. How can i do that? Defoliating i know. But can i cut leaves connected to nodes?
Absolutely. Its the apex, the growth tip from the node that grows buds. I personally guarantee you that trimming fan leaves does not stop any bud from growing. The main thing you need to consider before pruning is that you only want to remove fan leaves that that block light from growth tips. If you look down at your canopy and can see floor/table/soil/ect..... then youve removed too much. Anywhere the light is hitting the floor is wasted energy.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Also, heres what i do brother. Take a look at your plants. Get a good look at your canopy from above and get a good sense of where the tops are/are going to be and which branches look like they will grow enough to catch up. Then take a deep breath and start at the very bottom. Little tiny shoots and twigs that barely even have 2 white hairs on them. Anything that looks like its not getting enough light or wont grow big enough gets cut off. Just trust me on this one bud. What happens is that the plant would normally burn through an excessive amount of energy and resources just trying to keep those little twigs alive and trying to get them to grow. Your mains, all those tops you were just admiring a minute ago WILL have WAY less bud. If you do this while still in veg, the girls will recover and will have massive tops. On a different note, check out what i was up to this morning....... i love making rosin 🥳😁

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Absolutely. Its the apex, the growth tip from the node that grows buds. I personally guarantee you that trimming fan leaves does not stop any bud from growing. The main thing you need to consider before pruning is that you only want to remove fan leaves that that block light from growth tips. If you look down at your canopy and can see floor/table/soil/ect..... then youve removed too much. Anywhere the light is hitting the floor is
Lmao. I know you have told me all of this before. I really do listen. 🤣🤣 Don't tell my wife. Anyways. I shouldn't really have to do much trimming then. When the plants grew for a couple weeks. The first time i trimmed i never just went ahead and cut the bottom 2 branches off. So they are super low and squatty.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Also, heres what i do brother. Take a look at your plants. Get a good look at your canopy from above and get a good sense of where the tops are/are going to be and which branches look like they will grow enough to catch up. Then take a deep breath and start at the very bottom. Little tiny shoots and twigs that barely even have 2 white hairs on them. Anything that looks like its not getting enough light or wont grow big enough gets cut off. Just trust me on this one bud. What happens is that the plant would normally burn through an excessive amount of energy and resources just trying to keep those little twigs alive and trying to get them to grow. Your mains, all those tops you were just admiring a minute ago WILL have WAY less bud. If you do this while still in veg, the girls will recover and will have massive tops. On a different note, check out what i was up to this morning....... i love making rosin 🥳😁
I need some of that in my life. Lol. Ok. Im gonna do what you said. Because there are definitely spots like that that i need to trim. I think i may end up with only my end growth on each of alot of the branches. But whatever. They should be big nice looking buds.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

I need some of that in my life. Lol. Ok. Im gonna do what you said. Because there are definitely spots like that that i need to trim. I think i may end up with only my end growth on each of alot of the branches. But whatever. They should be big nice looking buds.
I actually harvest twice. So i leave all the main tops from each plant sticking up through the trellis and i leave the "shoulders" just under the trellis and then i clear out everything else underneath the shoulders. SO... i watch as the hairs start to turn orange i know its time to start watching the trichomes. When all the trichs are fully milky white through and through (there will be just a few trichome heads that will have turned amber). Personally i prefer to have a few amber trichs to ensure ALL the rest have peak cannabinoid levels. You may prefer the "couch-lock" and might want all the trichs to be amber. Either way, once all of my mainlined colas are ready, i cut them all down. Then lower the light a few inches and let the "shoulders" (all the buds that are at or just under the trellis) and giving them the extra light for an extra 2 weeks (between 1-2 weeks, watch the trichs) gives me a second harvest. Personally, this second harvest is AMAZING for extracts. I specialize in solventless extracts, like rosin, blonde hash, live rosin, infused oils, ect.. and many other people here do solvent based, like shatter, distillates, ect... (not my area) but fwiw, if interested in going the BHO/solvent based route, i believe using hexane pulls out more terpenes than butane. Wow sorry, really going off topic this time...... focus J...🤣...right harvest, thats where i was 🤣 so doing it the way i just described, sometimes the second harvest ends up weighing the same as the first. And sugary as fuck

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

I actually harvest twice. So i leave all the main tops from each plant sticking up through the trellis and i leave the "shoulders" just under the trellis and then i clear out everything else underneath the shoulders. SO... i watch as the hairs start to turn orange i know its time to start watching the trichomes. When all the trichs are fully milky white through and through (there will be just a few trichome heads that will have turned amber). Personally i prefer to have a few amber trichs to ensure ALL the rest have peak cannabinoid levels. You may prefer the "couch-lock" and might want all the trichs to be amber. Either way, once all of my mainlined colas are ready, i cut them all down. Then lower the light a few inches and let the "shoulders" (all the buds that are at or just under the trellis) and giving them the extra light for an extra 2 weeks (between 1-2 weeks, watch the trichs) gives me a second harvest. Personally, this second harvest is AMAZING for extracts. I specialize in solventless extracts, like rosin, blonde hash, live rosin, infused oils, ect.. and many other people here do solvent based, like shatter, distillates, ect... (not my area) but fwiw, if interested in going the BHO/solvent based route, i believe using hexane pulls out more terpenes than butane. Wow sorry, really going off topic this time...... focus J...🤣...right harvest, thats where i was 🤣 so doing it the way i just described, sometimes the second harvest ends up weighing the same as the first. And sugary as fuck
Should help my humidity levels too to get rid of all the extra foilage.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

I turned my light up from 70% to 80% yesterday and it still started burning the plants. Ever so slightly. How am i going to get them used to 100% light by the time i flip the lights?

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Got the plants trimmed up again. Slid a few of the ones i had tied up the stem to move them a little bit. I didn't train anything extra. And i cut two smaller branchesoff of 1 plant. The plant was just too full. I feel like these tops are just about ready to really take off. Canopy looks fairly even. Next time i need to let the plants get a little taller. They would be easier to work with i think. More space between nodes. Anyways. I think they look damn good. Oh yeah! And i think the fish shit is going to be really good for them. They looked way bigger just today. And i redid the res only about 24 hours ago. @DreamwalkerJ and @Aqua Man
Oh! And get this. I put all nutes and whatevers in the res. Checked it. Everything is great. Ppm at like 980 and ec is like 1.7 i think. Maybe 1.4. and ph is 6. I go to check it about 8 hours later and ppm is at like 600 and something and ec ic at like 1.1 or some shit. I checknmy ph and its at about 6.3 or 6.4. So i lower it to 6 again and my ec and ppm went right back to where it was earlier at the 980 ppm and 1.4 or 1.7 ec. Did that make sense?

20210530 125509
20210530 125528
DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

So if the plant makes the trichomes as a sort of sunscreen....I shouldn't need to turn my light up until they start that process. Then turn my light up to create more crystals. Right?
I think im gonna reset my light schedule and flip them. And top up with bloom nutes for the next couple weeks. @DreamwalkerJ is that right? And then change my res to full bloom nutes?

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

I turned my light up from 70% to 80% yesterday and it still started burning the plants. Ever so slightly. How am i going to get them used to 100% light by the time i flip the lights?
I wouldnt worry about the 100% mark, too much. When you say that you turned it up 10% and they got light burn, what im actually hearing is that the plants are getting as much light as they can handle. With your light, 100% power might be for a slightly larger area, a little higher. 100% at that height is too much light, maybe in flower they will want more but, if they are happy, let them be happy with what they have.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

So if the plant makes the trichomes as a sort of sunscreen....I shouldn't need to turn my light up until they start that process. Then turn my light up to create more crystals. Right?
I think im gonna reset my light schedule and flip them. And top up with bloom nutes for the next couple weeks. @DreamwalkerJ is that right? And then change my res to full bloom nutes?
Exactly. And the trichs protect from UV light and cold. Thats why i switch back to MH with supplemental UV light for the last 2 weeks of bloom. (Use the fluoro UV tubes instead of LEDs. Right now for the price, LEDs cant compete with black light tubes for the price.)

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Got the plants trimmed up again. Slid a few of the ones i had tied up the stem to move them a little bit. I didn't train anything extra. And i cut two smaller branchesoff of 1 plant. The plant was just too full. I feel like these tops are just about ready to really take off. Canopy looks fairly even. Next time i need to let the plants get a little taller. They would be easier to work with i think. More space between nodes. Anyways. I think they look damn good. Oh yeah! And i think the fish shit is going to be really good for them. They looked way bigger just today. And i redid the res only about 24 hours ago. @DreamwalkerJ and @Aqua Man
Oh! And get this. I put all nutes and whatevers in the res. Checked it. Everything is great. Ppm at like 980 and ec is like 1.7 i think. Maybe 1.4. and ph is 6. I go to check it about 8 hours later and ppm is at like 600 and something and ec ic at like 1.1 or some shit. I checknmy ph and its at about 6.3 or 6.4. So i lower it to 6 again and my ec and ppm went right back to where it was earlier at the 980 ppm and 1.4 or 1.7 ec. Did that make sense?
That makes perfect sense. When ppm/ec is dropping and pH is going up, that means the plants are actually eating more than they are drinking. Thats a good thing. If its dropping that fast, i would check again in 24 hours and its down another 200 ppm / 6.5pH then i would top back up to 1000ppm. Its weird though, 1000ppm seems kinda high for veg to me, what you think @Aqua Man ? Either way, different strains like different things. If they are eating it, then let them have it. If the signs are telling you they want more, then give them more. Carefully.

Top Bottom