beluga logs it all et al

• Thread starter beluga
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beluga

beluga

Well, it's almost Christmas... I should get some red lights going, right?!

I think I'll deck the halls with this new build and throw some of those Far/Deep reds I was looking at on there.

Red It!

thristrired.jpg

Far - (18) 700mA @ 2V = 25.2W
Deep - (17) 700mA @ 2V - 23.8W
XLG-50-AB

I dunno at all how far reds on their own impact the whole DLI... watts/sqft thing. My guess is not as much as a full spectrum and that adding 50W won't push that into the realm of light burn for this footprint. I could absolutely be wrong there, but I'd think you'd probably see more of that from your green to blue spectrums. Strictly anecdotal. There is the consideration that far red spectrums are also where you see a lot of penetration...
Screen-Shot-2020-12-03-at-11-31-09-AM.png

Hm.

But the nice thing about these XLG-xxx-AB series drivers is that they've got an internal current adjustment that adjusts the voltage accordingly, then you have an external dimmer to adjust the voltage in that current-adjusted range... if I'm understanding it right. So, I should be able to finagle the thing into an optimal setting for a 2' x 4' footprint.
Definitely getting a multimeter before this goes down.

That's all I got.
Mostly using this for a shopping list so to not buy the wrong things like I do at 1AM or when I'm drunk shopping.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Well, it's almost Christmas... I should get some red lights going, right?!

I think I'll deck the halls with this new build and throw some of those Far/Deep reds I was looking at on there.

Red It!

thristrired.jpg

Far - (18) 700mA @ 2V = 25.2W
Deep - (17) 700mA @ 2V - 23.8W
XLG-50-AB

I dunno at all how far reds on their own impact the whole DLI... watts/sqft thing. My guess is not as much as a full spectrum and that adding 50W won't push that into the realm of light burn for this footprint. I could absolutely be wrong there, but I'd think you'd probably see more of that from your green to blue spectrums. Strictly anecdotal. There is the consideration that far red spectrums are also where you see a lot of penetration...
Screen-Shot-2020-12-03-at-11-31-09-AM.png

Hm.

But the nice thing about these XLG-xxx-AB series drivers is that they've got an internal current adjustment that adjusts the voltage accordingly, then you have an external dimmer to adjust the voltage in that current-adjusted range... if I'm understanding it right. So, I should be able to finagle the thing into an optimal setting for a 2' x 4' footprint.
Definitely getting a multimeter before this goes down.

That's all I got.
Mostly using this for a shopping list so to not buy the wrong things like I do at 1AM or when I'm drunk shopping.
Jesus christ my pants 👖👖👖🌋🌋🌋😳😳😳😂😆😂😆

Fudge

Fudge

You were like, whats up with this yo yo?!?!

LOL just ordered these yesterday 25 for 20£ as the bignug is starting to feel the strain nd don't want to put another net over at this stage as I'd cause too much damage

beluga

beluga

Jesus christ my pants 👖👖👖🌋🌋🌋😳😳😳😂😆😂😆
Yeah... my wife's like
woman-hands-hips-waiting-something-somebody-studio-shot-grey-background-woman-hands-hips-waiting-124497651.jpg

"Where my undercabinet lighting, huh?"

LOL just ordered these yesterday 25 for 20£ as the bignug is starting to feel the strain nd don't want to put another net over at this stage as I'd cause too much damage
I was about to do some whacky contraption with landscaping yarn, so... glad MiMed pointed me in the right direction.

beluga

beluga

For those of you stoned ones with headphones - especially those of the noise-cancelling variety.
Such a fitting title.
Such a wonderful group.
Such a brilliant composer.

Many years back... (maybe 10 now?)
I spent a good three hours of a pretty heavy mushroom trip with nothing but that song on repeat while I sat in the dark, east-facing, third-floor 'bedroom' of my old (1800's) apartment that used to serve as living quarters for the workers of a textile mill whose ruins were across the street in the woods following a stream.
It does go into a pretty lucid perpetuity once you've clocked 20-some plays through. It does it right off the bat for me.
I didn't listen to it for years after that one night. I had gotten what it had to offer and my life was changed for the better because of it.
It gave me chills and teary eyes when I finally did listen to it again. And I still repeat it whenever I do listen to it.
I am right now.

It's a habit of mine that has always driven my partners mad.
I understand completely why it would.
But, some years later, I discovered that I wasn't alone.
The types of musics that I do this with are ubiquitous for repetitious listening.
And those who partake demand it be respected as a legitimate form of meditation... just like a mantra.

A lot of the tunes you'll see throughout this diary will, undoubtedly, be that type of music.
If you're feeling adventurous and/or like driving yourself mad... or if you, too, like to milk everything you can out of a song... give some of it a whirl.
No promises.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
For those of you stoned ones with headphones - especially those of the noise-cancelling variety.
Such a fitting title.
Such a wonderful group.
Such a brilliant composer.

Many years back... (maybe 10 now?)
I spent a good three hours of a pretty heavy mushroom trip with nothing but that song on repeat while I sat in the dark, east-facing, third-floor 'bedroom' of my old (1800's) apartment that used to serve as living quarters for the workers of a textile mill whose ruins were across the street in the woods following a stream.
It does go into a pretty lucid perpetuity once you've clocked 20-some plays through. It does it right off the bat for me.
I didn't listen to it for years after that one night. I had gotten what it had to offer and my life was changed for the better because of it.
It gave me chills and teary eyes when I finally did listen to it again. And I still repeat it whenever I do listen to it.
I am right now.

It's a habit of mine that has always driven my partners mad.
I understand completely why it would.
But, some years later, I discovered that I wasn't alone.
The types of musics that I do this with are ubiquitous for repetitious listening.
And those who partake demand it be respected as a legitimate form of meditation... just like a mantra.

A lot of the tunes you'll see throughout this diary will, undoubtedly, be that type of music.
If you're feeling adventurous and/or like driving yourself mad... or if you, too, like to milk everything you can out of a song... give some of it a whirl.
No promises.
Ever try to trace a song off well tempered clavier on repeat?

Bach was one of the greatest geniuses to ever live imo.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
For sure. Satie and Debussy come to mind.
Too many Bach's for me to know where to start... but, yeah, JS was incredible.
Ya I love their music but they get too complicated for my limited musical brain to follow.

But the fugues he does on well tempered clavier are like, fractals of self referentiality that somehow land back where they started and so when you listen on repeat and try to pick out the threads and watch them weave it's just bananas.

Yes i read eternal golden braid in college sue me lolol.

beluga

beluga

Ya I love their music but they get too complicated for my limited musical brain to follow.

But the fugues he does on well tempered clavier are like, fractals of self referentiality that somehow land back where they started and so when you listen on repeat and try to pick out the threads and watch them weave it's just bananas.

That's when I really started to like metal, too. The way a lot of those artists expand and contract their melodies and progressions... it's really nutso.
But sometimes that doesn't really do the meditative thing for me. I get too distracted by the wow of it. Need a cradle of simplicity of sorts to easily zone out into the ether.

beluga

beluga

I love Lars Horntveth.
He formed the group Jaga Jazzist, who I was aware of first.
If you have time and want to go into some neat Scandinavian jazz/classic contemporary/electronic.
He does that neat prodding of an element, exploring it, and going back into its simplicity... thing.
I'm musically unlearned, so I don't really know terms for all this shit.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I love Lars Horntveth.
He formed the group Jaga Jazzist, who I was aware of first.
If you have time and want to go into some neat Scandinavian jazz/classic contemporary/electronic.
He does that neat prodding of an element, exploring it, and going back into its simplicity... thing.
I'm musically unlearned, so I don't really know terms for all this shit.
Screenshot 20201204 124702

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
In other news... Heyooo!!

Former prosecuting attorney, soon to be vice pres, trying to undo wrongs or just doing what attorney/politicians do?
John fucking Boehner poised to make millions.
I mean, I hope it happens... But am glad that weed helps nausea.

beluga

beluga

Former prosecuting attorney, soon to be vice pres, trying to undo wrongs or just doing what attorney/politicians do?
Yeah... I fully expect everything that happens in government only to be out of capital interest.
But if it keeps me out of jail by proxy, I'll take it. Better than them making money off my incarceration.
I don't live in one of the progressive states, so it hits home to hear of any sweeping progressive legislation.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
We are all, i think, thankful for weed's many positive effects whenever we contemplate the intersection of weed and government.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I mean, I hope it happens... But am glad that weed helps nausea

they want to decriminalize but have to add a 5% extra tax on sales to help people with drug problems.

the repubs will protect big pharma to the end though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom